StandardVision is a hybrid multi-disciplinary design-build studio that combines art, technology and architecture to innovate and redefine art and its forms of expression around the world. SV imagines, designs, fabricates, installs and activates bespoke custom LED solutions. Architecturally you could classify much of our work as “media facades”, which range from iconic lighting, integrated digital displays and unique art installations. SV is also heavily involved in the long term activation of many media platforms we have created or collaborated on – this takes the form of original content creation, artistic curation, visualizations, branded or media experiences generally.
This is a full-time, hybrid role located in Los Angeles, CA, with some work from home allowed. You will work with a team of architectural designers, engineers, power/data system designers, installers, content creators and clients to produce building-integrated digital media solutions. You’ll work on the concept, design, development/documentation, implementation, and delivery of these bespoke solutions which cater to specific customer requirements. SV’s design group is highly collaborative in the creation of custom solutions which leverages cutting-edge technology to deliver one-of-a-kind media platforms.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven work experience as a designer, responsible for producing technical or architectural drawing sets, creating accurate 3d models in either the Architectural (Revit/Rhino) space or Engineering (Solidworks) space.
- Proficient with most or all of the following design software: AutoCAD, Revit, Solidworks, Rhino, Grasshopper and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent spatial problem solver
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills for both internal discussion and external / client collaboration
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Ability to focus on multiple projects concurrently, managing deliverables and communicating needs as required
- Able to collaborate on / identify priority of tasks based on project phase and/or workflow of the larger team
- Motivated to meet design team and project deadlines
- Attention to detail, self-starter, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with building codes and regulations, construction detailing, and fabrication preferred
- Experience working with architects and engineers
- Knowledge of LED and display technology is NOT required, it’s helpful, but absolutely not essential.
- Knowledge / interest in video art, content creation, video production, experiential design, media technology is helpful but not required
- Experience working / coordinating with installation teams on-site
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org