We are looking for a team-oriented leader based in Los Angeles that exudes positivity, approaches work with a collaborative style with a special passion for nurturing a culture of collaboration and creating new business relationships to directly oversee the Los Angeles office of our Design Collaborative.
We define ourselves as a collaborative because this is the trait that lies at the heart of how we work… Collaboratively.
We are thinkers and doers.
We are visionary and grounded.
We are design-focused and results-oriented.
We don’t believe design happens in a vacuum, nor do we believe in big reveals.
We believe the best solutions are co-authored, and that design is an iterative process.
We like dialogue and debate, and we believe everyone has a voice because there are never any bad ideas.
We’re also champions for diversity as a design collaborative, drawing from all experience levels and cultural backgrounds within our team of “Bergies” – intentionally staffing project teams inclusively to represent the diverse perspectives of the world around us.
We tend to do our best work with those who feel the same way… Are you that somebody?
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Architecture Licensure
- LEED AP accreditation is a plus
- 12-15+ years of relevant experience
- Experience leading both interior design and architectural projects
- Promotion of the firm’s values and long-range plans in collaboration with the firm’s leadership group, positioning the satellite Los Angeles office for growth and profitability.
- Lead clients, design and delivery, and culture within our Los Angeles office. This includes leading projects and marketing opportunities as well as in-office initiatives.
- Identification of viable clients and business development efforts in a range of markets including but not limited to mixed-use commercial development, high-tech light industrial/workplace, Multi-family residential, wellness, and/or consumer environments (retail, restaurant, hospitality).
- Mentor and motivate employees to reach their highest potential through exploring opportunities for growth and learning in design, technical, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to grow and retain a multi-disciplinary team of designers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high emotional intelligence
- Participation and presence in local and national industry organizations
- Some tasks associated with operations, financial, and human resources management in collaboration with shared departments currently based out of the Boston office.
- Bergmeyer has an office-first flexible work plan. The Managing Director may opt to work remotely one day per week.
- Manage client, team, and project coordination and communication for multiple fast paced projects at a given time
- Contract review and generation expertise
- Exhibit advanced technical problem-solving capabilities regarding building construction and technologies
- Technical expertise regarding the coordination between landlord and consultants, including MEP, structural, and civil engineers
- Manage project finances for internal and external budgets
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively and work closely with clients
- Meets deadlines with high-quality, thoughtful solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with navigating brand standards and working with brand-focused clients
- Lead in house team with preparation of existing conditions site surveys and full entitlements code and accessibility reviews as part of due diligence
- Manage preparation of design development, and construction documents with project team, consultants, contractors, and vendors
- Successfully navigate building and zoning departments regarding project approvals
- Oversee construction phase services and project close-out
So now it’s your turn to show us what you can make with us.
You be the judge – do you want to experience an inclusive, equitable, pathbreaking, progressive workplace? Ready to om this way with our retail project team?
Travel is required
No agencies and no phone calls, please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bergmeyer.com.