Claudia Handel Designs
Claudia Handel Designs is looking for a mid-level designer or interior architect to join its team in Northwest London.
We are passionate designers and interior architects that work closely with our clients to ensure that we create their unique dream home. We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and positive team ethic and celebrate each other’s achievements and successes. Our vision and passion is to create innovative and luxurious high-end designs for the residential market both with developers and individual home owners. Working both nationally and internationally, the company’s portfolio of projects includes apartments, townhouses, mansion homes and international villas.
- Three-plus years experience as an interior architect/designer in the high-end luxury market, an FF&E background is a must
- Strong understanding of the full design process
- Degree or equivalent in interior design/interior architecture is essential
- Independent attitude, can hit the ground running with energy and enthusiasm in project monitoring from concept to completion
- Experience working for a similar luxury interior design firm, ideally within the UK
- Computer literate: proficient in Microsoft Office with a strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop; proficient in AutoCAD and SketchUp
- A full, clean driving licence for site visits is a must
- Right to work in the UK
- Capable of working in a pressured environment with the ability to work to deadlines
- Commercially minded, good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and presentable
- Sourcing and procurement of FF&E, dealing directly with suppliers
- A great eye for design and colour, with good 3D and spatial awareness
- Strong knowledge of FF&E suppliers
- The ability to deal with clients and suppliers, either on an in-person basis or over the telephone
- The ability to visualise concepts and communicate them to others is very important
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and on multiple projects
As we are a small team of designers, the responsibilities are delegated on a project basis and all levels will report to the design director. They will be allocated their own projects to run, with the assistance of the team. Due to the nature of the role, the designer will work collaboratively and effectively with the other members of the design team to generate accurate, technical and creative design solutions.
- Work as part of a team with other designers and architects on both UK and international projects from concept through to completion
- Produce accurate schedules for curtain and furniture manufacturers
- Sourcing and specifying products and materials whilst being mindful of a set budget
- Producing comprehensive and professional looking mood boards, using InDesign for presentations for clients
- Preparing detailed and accurate drawings, bespoke designs, plans and schemes, using AutoCAD, SketchUp and Photoshop
- Keeping up to date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
- Managing projects independently and liaising with clients and suppliers to negotiate terms and costings
- Manage on site installation and carrying out measured site surveys
- free onsite parking
- hybrid work from home
Work location: hybrid remote in London, NW7
The salary is based on experience.
Please submit your CV and portfolio detailing relevant experience, salary expectations and availability via the apply for job button below.
To apply for this job please visit www.dezeenjobs.com.