Website Haydon Finch Studio
Haydon Finch Studio is hiring a Part 3 architect to join its team in London.
Haydon Finch Studio is a young design-led architectural and interior design practice, with a dedicated construction arm. We have an exciting residential project list including a substantial number of high-end refurbishments in West London, two listed townhouse projects, a new-build low-energy contemporary home in Sussex and two new Passivhaus dwellings in Dorset.
We are looking for a talented Part 3 architect to join our London-based team. Our ideal candidate will combine a passion for great design, technical competence, specification knowledge and a great attitude. Proven experience of completing a range of well designed residential projects will be very much welcomed. In exchange we are offering someone the opportunity to develop into a qualified architect at our vibrant studio and become part of a new way of realising projects alongside our integrated build team.
- Three-plus years experience in a design-led practice post qualification
- Fluent English (written and spoken) with strong communication skills
- CAD drawing (preferably Vectorworks)
- 3D visualisation (preferably SketchUp)
- Adobe Indesign and Photoshop
- Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar), Word and Excel
- Fun, enthusiastic creative, collaborative and organised
- Articulate in design culture, philosophy and trends, with an emphasis on interior architecture
- Confident in leading complex residential projects alongside large consultant teams
- Capable of managing demanding clients and working between multiple projects simultaneously
- A good knowledge of fixtures, fittings and finished materials for high end residential projects
- Able to prepare and present sophisticated design presentations with clarity
- A good listener and fluent communicator in 2D, 3D, hand sketching and models
- Produce coordinated drawings, schedules and specification in an efficient manner
- An appetite for good architectural detailing; plans, internal elevations, RCPs, setting out, joinery, door and windows
- Strong knowledge of the planning process, building regulations and procurement routes
- Able to direct our build team and oversee construction work
- Experience of working within sensitive or listed buildings
- An appetite to share knowledge and experiences with our team, as well as an hunger to learn new things
Applications should comprise a single PDF no greater than 10 MB in size. Unfortunately we can’t accept physical applications. Please submit the application via the apply for job button below.
In your cover email, please include 100 to 200 words detailing why you would like to join Haydon Finch Studio and how your skills and experience match our requirements.
We are an equal opportunities employer with ambitions to build and support a talented, diverse and happy team with low staff turnover. The salary will reflect the candidate’s level of experience.
Applicants for this job must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for this job please visit www.dezeenjobs.com.