Website Type Five
Type Five is a housing company that builds and designs exceptional homes. We streamline the hard parts of homebuilding so we can focus on what matters most: a seamless process, thoughtful design, and quality craft.
We’re building a homebuilding operating system that brings together our modular design system with software to build homes faster and more economically. We believe that standardizing how every home is designed and built unlocks the ability for more people to own living spaces that meet their unique needs.
We’re early in our journey, but we’ve raised $2.3m from industry leading investors and operators. We’re looking to grow our small and mighty team with creative, entrepreneurial, mission-driven, and relentlessly passionate people who can help us build the home for the next generation of owners.
As a Permit Architect, you’ll work closely with our head of design to draft detailed plans and permits for our projects. You will manage the permitting process for multiple projects from drafting to submission to revision and resubmittal. You’ll also work with our software and BIM team to accelerate how we are able to assemble and file permits in a way that requires less manual overhead.
We’re looking for someone who’s a creative problem solver, autonomous, and curious to expand skill sets in software-driven parametric design.
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- 3+ years of work experience in design through construction document phases, with an emphasis in construction document preparation and permitting submittals
- Deep working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with Revit
- Experience in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Architectural Licensure
- Prior experience submitting permits to and working with various East Bay building departments: Berkeley, Oakland, Orinda, Alameda, El Cerrito, etc.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
- Flexible Work Hours
To apply for this job please visit archinect.com.