Website Bernbaum/Magadini Architects
You are passionate about design excellence and creating unique and inspiring places for people to live. Professionally, you are a licensed architect [or candidate on track for licensure] and experienced project manager with 8+ years of design and construction drawing experience in the high-end residential market. As a project leader, you will make and direct valuable, creative, and technical contributions to a variety of housing projects. You enjoy sharing your experience and knowledge of the practice of architecture and your design sensibilities as you mentor and support others in the office. Interest in firm leadership and business development is highly desirable.
Bernbaum/Magadini Architects is a small Boutique firm specializing in Luxury Residential Architecture. We believe quality design, innovation, and creativity should never compromise comfort or livability. Started in 1998, Bernbaum/Magadini Architects has provided designs for some of the finest residences and estates in the region. Recognized as one of the top residential firms in Dallas, we are sought out by clients for the high-level design, passion, attention to detail, and service we bring to every project. Our multi-faceted team’s signature spirit of collaboration influences every project.
- Completion of an Accredited Professional Architectural Degree program.
- 8+ years experience in architectural design and construction drawings. Preferably on single-family residential projects.
- Demonstrate understanding of different architectural styles.
- Demonstrate understanding of means and methods of Type IV construction and interior/exterior construction detailing for the construction type.
- Demonstrate graphic and computer presentation skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suites (Photoshop, Bridge, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator), word, excel, outlook, Sketchup and Enscape is a plus.
- Ability to learn other programs as needed.
- Ability to bring creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develop associated research and documentation for these solutions.
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions.
- Proficiency in giving presentations and communicating with clients, consultants, and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with researching and designing within the codes and regulations.
- AutoCAD: 5+ years (Required)
- Sketchup: 3+ years (Required)
- Revit: 5+ years (Preferred)
- Adobe Suite
- Assists and contributes to the Interior and Exterior designs of primarily residential architectural projects.
- Identifying proper media and providing its implementation for communication of design ideas to clients, including both hand drawings and computer-generated images in 2D and 3D.
- Contributes and assists in the development of all phases of projects, including Conceptual design research and presentation, Schematic design development of concepts, Design development including integration of building systems with architectural designs, research of applicable detailing responses to accomplish project design aesthetics and 3D presentations of design.
- Construction drawings and detailing of design elements.
- Interior design and detailing.
- Checks, coordinates, and integrates work with other project team members.
- Assists in the construction phase with typical tasks, including review of shop drawings, development of responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s, etc., and assisting in coordination with other project consultants.
- Contributes to the overall team effort through the spirit of cooperation and demonstrates professional leadership qualities and ethics
- Flexible office hours
- PTO: starting at 15 days
- Holidays: NYE, Memorial, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving x2, Christmas
- Professional development assistance for licensure and memberships
- Paid for the passed exam
- AIA dues
- Relocation assistance (to be negotiated)
- Health Insurance
- 401K w/ minimum of 3% match
- Annual bonus plus merit bonuses
- Paid volunteer hours
- Free team lunches every Monday!
We are looking to hire immediately. Interested applicants, please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio in pdf format (maximum file size of 10mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Bernbaum Magadini PA”.
Bernbaum Magadini Architects is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We urge all qualified applicants to apply for this position. We afford equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com