Why NAC? We are more than a workplace; we’re a canvas for creators, dreamers, and visionaries. Here, innovation isn’t just a word – it’s a way of life. We believe in fostering an environment that not only values your expertise but also celebrates your individuality. You’ll collaborate with the best minds in the industry, collectively illuminating paths that lead to groundbreaking solutions.
NAC provides a variety of benefits and programs: Training and continuing education opportunities, 401(k) with an employer match, health insurance, sick leave and holiday time off, mass transit incentives, professional dues supplements, and reimbursement of passed ARE exam expenses. As a salaried, exempt employee, you will also be eligible for the NAC quarterly bonus plan, which is based on company financials and personal performance.
The Project Architect /Construction Administrator at NAC is responsible for overseeing the architectural integrity of the projects, conforming to codes, meeting the design intent of the client program, and integrating the work of all consultants into the project at each phase of development. Responsible for overseeing all phases of the project delivery and will coordinate with the Project Manager and Design Principal to ensure the project is properly executed. Candidates must possess strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants, and vendors. Candidates must also have a proven ability in problem identification and problem-solving. The successful candidate will have worked with DSA and other approval agencies with a demonstrated ability to successfully deliver completed projects.
- Strong design sensitivity and ability to contribute collaboratively to the design quality of projects
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural projects
- Excellent understanding of construction techniques and methods
- DSA Strong working knowledge of zoning and building codes, standards, specifications, building /engineering systems, and agency requirements (NFPA, ADAAG, FGI, OBC, IBC, etc.), including accessibility and DSA
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively and successfully complete and organize multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining keen attention to detail and keeping detailed records
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, and resolve disputes
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Effective verbal communication and presentation techniques
- Proficient in Revit required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites preferred but not required (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficiency with SketchUp or Rhino is preferred but not required. Lumion, Enscape, and V-Ray are a plus
- An architectural License is required
- LEED AP Certificate and experience in sustainable design is a plus
- Responsible for directing and mentoring project associates and interns
- This position typically operates in an on-site environment. Building construction sites may include varying temperatures, wind, dust, and noise levels and may include hazardous and dirty conditions.
- This position will require the applicant to work at the job site in the Valley on construction administration for one project 4 days/week, and 1 day/week will be in the NAC Los Angeles office in Chinatown.
- Ability to work in an on-site trailer
- Hand/Wrist/Finger dexterity for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week
- Ability to lift a set of construction documents
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Position Type/Hours expected to work
- This is a full-time position with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week
- Occasional travel depending on project assignments
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture or Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited university
- Master of Architecture preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in architecture practice preferred
- Experience working with the Los Angeles Unified School District is a plus
- Sponsorship may be considered
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.