At Gensler we help companies innovate. We design spaces, services and environments for organizations seeking new ways to provide value by fostering healthier, more effective workplaces. As a result of a growing, diverse client base and increasing project work, we are searching for a senior level project architect (7+ years) to join our team.
What You Will Do
- Manage multiple aspects of client, project coordination, and general contractors including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV and acoustics consultants
- Provide project code and accessibility reviews and prepare reports
- Lead technical communication and coordination within the project team, as well as with clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building/permitting officials
- Mentor and guide others in respect to construction documentation standards, constructability, code requirements and possible interpretations; Position could lead to a role of Technical Director
- Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve and document complex technical and design challenges
- Prepare & maintain the project documentation, including the construction documentation, project manual and specifications
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and varied levels of relevant experience as a project architect with a strong background in corporate and workplace interiors
- Registered architect required
- LEED Accreditation is preferred
- 7+ years of experience in workplace interior architecture
- Strengths with clients in technology, financial services is desired
- Experience managing multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV and acoustics consultants
- Experience resolving complex technical and design issues
- Strong proficiency with Revit is required
- SketchUp, 3d Max, autocad and Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus
- Understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create technical documents that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done
- Strong knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Passionate leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills as well as collaborative team player
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and sustainable building practices required; Portfolios should include at least 1 project with this particular focus, and candidates should be prepared to talk to this in their interview, especially built projects with LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard , Fitwel and /or Net Zero Building certification.
Rewards and Recognition
Gensler has been recognized as a leader in the ENR “Top 500 Design Firms” and “Top 150 Global Design Firms”, the Architectural Record “Top 150 Architectural Firms”, BD+E #1 International Architecture Firm and #1 Green Building Architecture Firm, and the Interior Design “Top 100 Giants”.
To apply for this job please visit gensler.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.