Website Studio Ma
Job Title: Project Architect Level II
Reports to: Project Managers
Direct Reports: Emerging Designers, Technical Staff, Interns
Studio Ma is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an impact role accountable for driving project development and documentation for Studio Ma’s architectural and planning clients. The ability to translate design ideas and concepts into design documentation coordinated with overall project technical and other requirements and consultant disciplines is key. This person must be proficient at design documentation, detailing, code analysis, leadership, and influencing across the project team and able to communicate an array of project concerns effectively and efficiently. As core project team members, they will be front and center in developing design documents, reviewing consultant work, and driving overall project work plans.
- U.S. citizen
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited institution
- 7+ years of professional experience in architecture with 3+ years experience in project design and documentation with demonstrated success in designing and delivering project documentation under demanding conditions
- Excellent design skills
- Code proficiency
- Knowledge of industry standards, constructability, and materials
- Proficiency in both Revit and AutoCAD
- Demonstration of capacity for strategic thinking plus strong analytical skills and a creative/innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence without authority
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills; ability to create simplicity from complexity, expressed through drawings
- Embrace our core values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Studio Ma
- Registered Architect
- Proficiency in SketchUp and Rhino
- Proficiency in Adobe CC
- Energy modeling skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, self-driven, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, exceptional conflict management and negotiation skills, cross-function collaboration skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and practical design solutions, and design documentation. Excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues simply and effectively through drawings and documentation.
- Drive project document development based on in-depth understanding and analysis of design concept, project type, client, competition, code, and technical requirements and details.
- Provide expertise on approaches to documentation, client needs, and analysis.
- Partner with project team members and sub-consultants, generating elegant solutions to inform and support the design concept and project plan
- Manage project reviewers and interested parties on design submissions and execute projects through regulatory reviews to fulfill permitting requirements.
- Define and scope key design questions, generate hypotheses, design studies/analysis, and generate options for reviews by principals and design lead.
- Support monthly business performance assessments and reviews by firm directors and project stakeholders.
- Actively look for opportunities to bring innovation, learning, and best practices into the team’s work
- Excel at agility, adapting team capabilities and resources to best meet the needs of internal and external demands, and providing focus and direction to successfully navigate complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- Possess the ability to engage with business and firm leadership with courage and the ability to challenge and persuade
Studio Ma offers a best-in-class compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, health, disability, and 401(K) plans.
Please submit a resume, portfolio, and cover letter demonstrating your enthusiasm and credentials for the position to email@example.com with ‘Project Architect’ in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 8 MB. Responses without a cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls or visits, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org