Website Nandinee Phookan Architect, P.C.
NANDINEE PHOOKAN ARCHITECTS (NPA) is an architecture and design firm based in Dumbo, Brooklyn. The firm’s projects include planning, architecture, interior design, furniture, and products. Current project types include public projects in transportation and resiliency as well as healthcare. NPA is seeking a motivated, organized, and creative Project Architect/PM to join its team. Working directly under the Principals of the firm, the successful candidate would be responsible for the development of design and construction documents from conceptual sketches and schematic drawings, coordinating with consultants structural, MEP, lighting, AV, and consultants.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in all phases of architectural design and documents as well as construction administration.
- Experience working on public and institutional projects.
- B Arch degree from a 5-year accredited Architectural Program or an M Arch degree.
- A New York State Architectural license is desirable.
- Knowledge of NYC Zoning and Building codes, Energy codes, and Accessibility requirements.
- Proficiency in Revit/AutoCAD, with experience in construction documents/ detailing.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign required.
- Knowledge of 3-D modeling & rendering programs (Rhino/Enscape) is desirable.
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Must be a team player with a good attitude and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Manage junior team members in the design and production of architectural documents.
- Set up drawing sets and organize construction drawings and specifications based on NPA standards.
- Coordinate with engineers and other consultants.
- Resolve technical/design issues and develop details based on NPA standards.
- Communicate effectively with contractors and understands materials and methods of construction.
- Assist with Bid and Negotiation, and provide Construction Administration: review Shop drawings, respond to RFIs, process Change Orders and Applications for Payment; develop Punchlist and Project closeout documents.
Competitive salary and benefits package based on skills and experience. To apply please send a cover letter, resume, design portfolio, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
(No phone calls please.)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com