Are you an experienced Project Manager with a passion for delivering exceptional architectural design for a higher purpose? Are you looking for a unique combination of a family-like environment that fosters a fast-paced setting to produce high quality results as well as encouraging a live-work balance? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our esteemed architectural firm as a Project Manager.
Douglas Pancake Architects, Inc. (DPA) is a boutique architectural firm in Irvine, CA, specializing in serving the senior housing and healthcare industry by creating supportive, meaningful, and healing environments for seniors – the frailest and most vulnerable members of our community. We work diligently to create innovative solutions to the ever-evolving needs in the senior housing industry. As the demands for senior housing increase, we aim to continue to grow as individuals and as a team to provide our clients with creative designs of the highest quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from Accredited University. Master’s degree is a plus.
- CA Licensed Architect or actively seeking IDP and professional licensure.
- 5-10 years proven track record as a Project Manager in an Architectural firm successfully managing large multi-story, residential, and institutional projects. OSHPD experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of architectural design, construction methodologies, and building codes/regulations.
- Proficiency in Architectural BIM software (Revit, ArchiCAD, or similar) is desired. We are using ArchiCAD, and training will be provided.
- Excellent leadership abilities, with the capacity to motivate and inspire project teams towards achieving project objectives.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey complex ideas and concepts to diverse audiences.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to think critically and provide innovative solutions.
- Highly motivated, proactive mindset, with a keen attention to detail and commitment to delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Oversee and manage multiple projects through all stages of design, documentation, and construction administration.
- Lead project teams, including architects, job captains, designers, engineers, contractors, and subcontractors ensuring effective collaboration and coordination.
- Develop and manage project schedules, milestones, and deliverables, adjusting plans as necessary to meet project goals.
- Highly organized to maintain project records, communications, and associated project documentation.
- Serving as the liaison for projects by communicating with clients, consultants, and governing agencies.
- Attend project site meetings during construction to monitor progress, resolve issues, and ensure compliance with design specifications, building codes, and regulations.
- Manage project budgets and financials, track expenses, prepare additional services, and update clients and senior management as necessary.
- Identify and mitigate project risks, proactively addressing any challenges or obstacles that may impact project outcomes.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, advancements, and best practices, incorporating them into project management processes and methodologies.
- Competitive Salary within Industry Standards
- Fully Paid Healthcare
- Generous Vacation and Sick time
- Hybrid and Flexible work schedule
- 401k Plan and matching
- Emphasis on Live-Work Balance
- Exponential opportunity for long-term growth
- Small firm, family-like environment
If you are ready to take on this challenging and rewarding role as a Project Manager at our boutique Architectural firm, please submit your resume, portfolio, and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate for this position. All documents should be in PDF format.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to: email@example.com with the subject line “Project Manager Application- [Your Name]”. We will review applications on a rolling basis and contact qualified candidates for further evaluation.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications, we do not accept phone calls, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for understanding.
At our architectural firm, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equality of opportunities for all individuals. We encourage applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org