Urban Architectural Initiatives, a leader in affordable and special needs housing design, is seeking an Intermediate Architect. Our firm is a great place to grow professionally within an upbeat, supportive team environment. Currently we offer the option to work remotely after an initial training period in office; this will shift to work in office with options for remote days eventually.
- Minimum of six year’s work experience required, preferably in a NYC architectural office setting
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work well with junior staff as well as individually.
- Revit proficiency required. Please do not apply if no Revit experience
- AutoCAD and MS Office Suite proficiency required. Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch.) or Master of Architecture (M. Arch.) degree. Architectural registration a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable in zoning, building code, building systems, and construction detailing.
- Prior work involving HPD, HCR or HUD, a plus
- Start immediately
- Manage new construction and rehabilitation jobs, including design and zoning feasibility studies, existing conditions documentation, Building Dept. submissions, CDs, field visits, specifications, production scheduling, coordination with owner’s reps and consultants, construction monitoring.
- During construction phase, inspect the site, lead meetings, oversee preparation of meeting minutes, review requisitions, review and process submittals and RFIs.
- Aetna health insurance (6 plans) – The company covers partial premium, depending on plan chosen, after two months of employment
- TalkSpace, a free online therapy membership, included with Aetna insurance plans
- Dental insurance (3 plans ) – UAI partial payment
- Paid vacation, sick & personal time
- One free medical membership + additional health advice and benefits programs
Optional benefits, employee-paid:
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Discounted Class Pass membership
- Connect-Your-Care transit discount program
We are located in the historic Woolworth Building in lower Manhattan, convenient to all subway lines, PATH trains, and buses.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio, work samples, and salary requirements. Must reside in the New York metropolitan area.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org