We’re not your average design collaborative, so we’re not looking for your average Project Manager either. We define ourselves as collaborative because this is the trait that lies at the heart of how we work… Collaboratively.
We are thinkers and doers.
We are visionary and grounded.
We are design-focused and results-oriented.
We don’t believe design happens in a vacuum, nor do we believe in big reveals.
We believe the best solutions are co-authored, and that design is an iterative process.
We like dialogue and debate, and we believe everyone has a voice because there are never any bad ideas.
We put the customers at the heart of everything we create, which means:
- Every design is created from a place of relentless curiosity
- We dive deep to inhabit the personas of our end users
- We pressure test our concepts against one metric above all others: have we exceeded the expectations of those who experience the spaces we create?
We’re also champions for diversity as a design collaborative, drawing from all experience levels and cultural backgrounds within our team of “Bergies” – intentionally staffing project teams inclusively to represent the diverse perspectives of the world around us.
We tend to do our best work with those who feel the same way… Are you that somebody?
We are searching for a resourceful retail Project Manager with a positive, collaborative work style to lead projects for one of our largest national clients. This individual should be committed to supporting the growth of our partnership and seeing these large multi-year projects through from project feasibility assessment through design and construction.
Positions are available in our Boston or Columbus offices. If you want to experience an award-winning, progressive workplace, check us out at www.bergmeyer.com.
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- Architecture Licensure preferred
- LEED AP accreditation a plus
- Proficiency with Revit including proven experience in construction documentation development
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, including recent experience with retail projects
- Experience leading both interior design and architectural projects
Skills And Responsibilities
- Manage client, team, and project coordination and communication for multiple fast paced projects at a given time with a strong emphasis on time management skills.
- Exhibit advanced technical problem-solving capabilities regarding building construction and technologies
- Manage project finances for internal and external budgets
- Develop and manage the production schedule
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills handled in a calm but urgent manner
- The ability to communicate effectively in a clear, concise, and professional manner both verbally and in writing while working closely with the clients
- Meets deadlines with high-quality, thoughtful solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with navigating brand standards and working with brand-focused clients and how standards apply to project-specific requirements
- Manage preparation of design development, and construction documents with the project team, consultants, contractors, and vendors
- Lead the development of code and zoning analysis (locally & nationally)
- Perform construction phase services and project close-out
So now it’s your turn to show us what you can make with us.
You be the judge – do you want to experience an inclusive, equitable, pathbreaking, progressive workplace? Ready to om this way with our retail project team?
Travel is required
No agencies and no phone calls, please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bergmeyer.com.