DesignAgency is one of the most distinguished design studios in Canada, and our services are widely sought after, with clients in more than 26 cities and 9 countries worldwide. Our global success is based on our high level of design excellence and our ability to create special environments through narratives developed with the client. Working for leading companies, developers and hospitality groups, our clients work directly with one or more of our partners, reflecting our belief that great design requires leadership, focus and commitment.
DesignAgency is seeking experienced candidates for an immediate opening for the position of Project Manager: Design. DesignAgency relies on the Project Manager: Design to facilitate the entire process of project management, including planning, design development, construction documentation, construction administration and project close out. Successful candidates must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques required to meet project requirements and expectations. Project Manager: Design is responsible for managing the scope of work, executing the required work with a team, monitoring the quality of produced work, identifying and mitigating risks, and closing out successful projects.
The Project Manager: Design reports to the Design Director and will be recognized for his or her ability to oversee the design process from start to finish.
This position is a 12-month contract associated with an exciting project for a prestigious client. It offers an excellent opportunity to leverage your skills and experience, while contributing to your professional portfolio.
- An Interior Design Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of working experience as a Project Manager within interior design is required
- An understanding of the local building codes for Ontario
- Working proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit (Sketch-Up being beneficial).
- Hospitality and multi-unit residential design experience preferred.
- Achievement of professional credentials such as NCIDQ, MAATO, ARIDO, BCIN and LEED will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions, and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.
- Produce high-quality drawing and documentation sets
- Master, apply and comply with relevant codes, regulations and standards
- Maintain consistent and high-quality minutes, reports, orders and records
- Maintain high-quality documentation practices
- Solve technical, materials and construction problems elegantly and effectively.
- Develop familiarity with site conditions and construction practices
- Assist in developing feasibility studies, if required.
- Coordinate project schedule milestones within the project’s scope, time and budget while maintaining the Design intent, work quality and client expectations.
- Coordinate and communicate the design intent with contractor, structural, MEP & T, and other various consultants.
- Coordination or production of specification manual when required.
- Prepare and/or coordinate interior design drawing packages
- Construction document review (mark-ups) and quality assurance.
- Coordinate and collaborate in the value engineering process when required.
- Attend consultant and construction coordination meetings, conference calls, etc. and relay info back to the Director of Project Management in the form of minutes and /or scheduled meetings.
- Answering and reviewing RFI’s, change orders, shop drawings, and site instructions with assistance when required.
- Site administration, visits, meetings, documentation of site progress & condition
- Quality control and documentation of deficiencies of site work.
- Utilize established standard steps and processes on how to issue and archive drawings and specs.
- Advise and mentor project designer(s) and technicians
- Initiate opportunities to increase the firm’s design capabilities.
- Proactively share design knowledge with other team members.
- Contribute to the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality, or client service.
- Create sound relationships with colleagues, clients, contractors, and suppliers to promote repeat business.
- Manage personal and team time to project schedules.
- Project scope and budget management.
- Quality assurance and risk management.
- Act as client and consultant contact throughout the construction documentation and contract administration phases
- Responsible for project close-out and integration
- Assign tasks and schedule deliverables to project designers and technicians who are part of the project team.
We offer an extremely competitive base salary and the opportunity for growth within the company. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please send your resume and portfolio immediately, or if you know the perfect person for this position, then feel free to forward this correspondence. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
A portfolio or work samples must be included in your application.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.