At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities, and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together, we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills, and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills, and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions, and processes to our work.
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- Licensed in state of practice; LEED accreditation preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience or equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- General understanding of sustainable strategies and principles, including familiarity with LEED or other green building rating systems.
- Strong expertise in the Middle East market.
- Proven track record in Project Management of complex and large projects.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead project teams and manage project schedule, budget, and program.
- Familiarity with standard AIA contracts and sub-consultant management experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Smartsheets, Google Workspace, Adobe Suite.
- Familiarity with Deltek Vision, and Salesforce.
- Leads the Architectural Project Team through close collaboration with SOM Partners to achieve design, technical, and financial success.
- Prepares quality agreements with clients, including letters of intent, memoranda of understanding, and professional service agreements. Executes additional service agreements and gains authorization by phase.
- Collaborates with Partners and senior team to prepare, issue, and manage compliance plans to align project goals, including budget, deliverables, and schedule. Gains agreement with the senior team for labor allocation. Chaired weekly team meetings to address variances from the project plan.
- Administers internal control procedures with the Project Accountant, including billing, collections, percent complete, expense management, and year-end activities. Analyzes project reports and proactively manages the profitability of a project.
- Participates actively in project design technical discussions and decision-making.
- Communicates actively through chairing weekly meetings, issuing meeting minutes and accurate project record keeping, and sharing project information and correspondence.
- Manages owner/client relationships and expectations to allow SOM and team to work effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively.
- Actively leads new business and marketing efforts, including responses to marketing requests and maintenance of firm relationships.
- Initiates, monitors, and maintains project schedule and work plan, including a schedule of meetings and presentations.
- Schedules and leads internal team weekly project meetings; develops the meeting agenda and project status update.
- Initiates, monitors, and maintains project plan and financial performance of the project.
- Initiates and maintains SOM-Client Services Agreement, SOM Sub-Consultant Agreements, and requests for additional services.
- Monitors scope for contract compliance and potential additional services.
- Actively engages in project risk management through close collaboration with SOM Partners and legal group.
- Actively leads a project team.
- Directly supervises, trains, and mentors team members.
- Engages in talent strategy to find specialists, leaders, and future professionals for the firm through resume review and interviews.
- Demonstrates leadership in the implementation of sustainable strategies in all project assignments and the associated development of staff knowledge.
- Creates and drives new ways of working by contributing to the development of services, standards, and procedures based on an understanding of the business principles that protect SOM from financial and legal risk.
Health and Wellness: Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life & accident insurance
Savings: 401K matching, pre-tax spending accounts, and employee discount programs
Work/Life Balance: Hybrid/Flexible schedules, paid family leave, paid vacation, backup child and elder care, and an employee assistance program
Professional Development: Reimbursement for professional licenses, associated renewals, and exam fees, as well as specialized in-house career development
Compensation for this role is based upon experience, qualifications, location, and education and typically ranges from $70,000 to $80,000.
Are you ready to join a team of creative professionals working on transformational projects around the world? Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to build a better future with SOM.
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
To apply for this job please visit som.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.