Website Flad Architects
If you enjoy solving complex challenges in a collaborative environment that celebrates each person’s ideas, experience, and creativity, this might be the opportunity for you. Flad is a national architectural firm, with ten offices across the country, specializing in science, healthcare, academic, and workplace spaces. Flad is a team of creative, intelligent, energetic people who help our clients tackle the issues that change people’s lives.
- Minimum of twelve years of recent science planning experience with a focus on laboratory facilities for higher education, vivariums, pharmaceutical, government or process planning required.
- In-depth working knowledge of programming and planning parameters, including lab functional models, lab staffing, departmental relationships and detailed lab design required.
- Knowledge of codes, standards and guidelines as related to labs, individual municipalities, State, IBC, ADA, ANSI, NFPA, NSF, cGMP and cGLP required.
- Revit proficiency is required.
- AutoCAD preferred.
- Associate’s degree in architecture, engineering, planning or related field required; architectural degree preferred.
- Professional registration is preferred.
- Sustainability accreditation preferred.
- This position will be responsible for planning, programming, and development of large, complex laboratory facilities, working directly with the client to provide development, leadership, and planning expertise.
- Direct staff to develop programming and planning parameters, including lab functional models, lab staffing, departmental relationships and detailed lab design, including MEP systems and casework.
- With an expert understanding of laboratory furniture systems, lab equipment, and its impact on research areas, help clients/users determine appropriate equipment placement and selection.
- Responsible for articulating and communicating the client’s vision, goals and objectives through the development of the project plan during the planning phase. Represent Flad to the client and in project meetings, presenting and providing innovative, yet functional ideas and solutions.
- Conduct client and user group meetings for needs assessment and implement laboratory planning documentation. Verify and mentor other science planners on functional and space programs for laboratory facilities, as needed.
- Provide leadership and direction for team members and consultants, programming projects, conducting site visits, submittal reviews, and all necessary communications and documentation needed to ensure successful completion of projects and client satisfaction.
- Work directly with and lead multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects on schedule and within budget. Direct, coordinate, and review the work of project team members and consultants. Mentor less experienced staff.
- May be involved in client interviews and other business development strategies.
- Hybrid work environment; The planner position can decide to work remotely. The Flad offices are always available to support business needs.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Financial health and wellness benefits – retirement savings plan; fiduciary advisor; identity theft plan; Section 125 flexible benefits, including mass transit and parking; income protection – life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability; Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Continuing education and career development – internal programs; funds set aside for external programs, licensure and sustainability support, annual professional registration and organization reimbursement
Annual base salary range is currently: $150,000 – $190,000. Actual starting salary will be within that range, and is dependent upon job-related education, knowledge, and experience.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources at 608-238-2661 or email us at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit external-fladarchitects.icims.com.