Here at DIALOG, we are passionate about design and believe it can and should meaningfully improve the well-being of our communities and the environment we all share. Sustainability is a broad multidimensional challenge that includes questions of equity and climate justice. Our DIALOGers are well-positioned to play a meaningful role in planning for and reducing the effects of climate change in our work.
We are a multi-disciplinary collaborative of architects, interior designers, urban designers and planners, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineers, and landscape architects who design for community well-being and urban vibrancy. We are a fun-loving bunch of big thinkers and do-gooders who are collaborative in our approach, diverse in our perspectives, aspirational in our pursuits, and optimistic about what’s next. We’re always looking for passionate people who share our values and care as much about our communities as we do. We’re proud to be a Certified B Corporation, committed to using our design practice as a force for good in the world. Join us!
- You take ownership of your work and take proactive measures to support the design’s success.
- 12+ years of architectural design and leadership with a focus on mixed-use, institutional, public, or other complex project typologies
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- Registered (or eligible) Architect
- A strong project manager who can manage teams and projects effectively, delivering projects on time and on budget
- Local project experience and familiarity with local codes and permit processes
- Must be experienced in planning all phases of architectural design from schematic design to design development and be actively involved in the preparation, coordination, and overseeing of construction documents, including specifications
- Able to lead projects with minimal supervision, including consultant coordination and client management
- Able to manage construction administration processes, including contractor collaboration
- Knowledge of coordination and management of BIM projects and processes
- Experience with Revit (required)
- Rhino, Navisworks, Grasshopper is an asset
- Experience with sustainable and healthy building design is an asset, including relevant credentials (LEED, WELL, Fitwel, etc.)
- Experience in leading project pursuit efforts (RFQ/RFP responses, fee letters)
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior and intermediate architectural members
- Strong leadership experience in establishing scope and directing the work of professional architects and technical staff on multiple projects, in a hybrid (in-studio and virtual) work environment
- Innovatively design and deliver projects with a deep curiosity to understand all relevant stakeholders (i.e. clients, occupants, consumers, contractors and the community) and develop creative responses to meet their needs.
- Leading the exploration and development of solutions to complex design and technical issues
- Managing and developing client relationships
- Providing leadership and direction to team members to develop in-house expertise and methodologies (design, technical and quality standards, etc.)
- Supporting the implementation of goals and objectives set out in the annual business plan through leadership
- Coaching and mentoring of the architectural team members
- Managing the financial performance of projects
- Opportunity to grow your professional skillset within a diverse practice with multiple market sectors
- Opportunity for career advancement with a growing studio
- The best of both worlds: a small boutique studio with the resources of a larger practice
- Opportunity to participate and lead design in the Bay Area, across North America, and beyond
- Technical tools and resources to elevate your design to the next level (e.g., custom energy modeling toolkit, parametric modeling, VR/XR tools, 3D prototyping, 3D scanner, etc.)
- Engage and connect with DIALOGers across the US and Canada.
- Educational and mentorship financial support through external learning requests
- Internal learning studio access, including Pinnacle Series
- Formal research opportunities through internal grants and competitions
Parental leave top-up programs for all parents upon the birth or adoption of a child, continued growth through Learning & Development support, and competitive medical and dental benefits coverage upon the first day of employment are just a few of the benefits that DIALOGers enjoy.
DIALOG celebrates diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all, free of discrimination and harassment. Employment-related decisions are made without regard to sex, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age, and race. In accordance with DIALOG’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.
Please apply directly through our website listing here: DIALOG – Senior Architect
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.