For this Senior Architect position, you’ll be working in close partnership with our Principals and team members to lead a multidisciplinary design team.
This is a great opportunity to join the team working on a range of high profile city shaping projects.
Within the studio, you will actively contribute to the design culture at Hassell. Motivating and mentoring the next generation of designers, you will steward Hassell’s client focussed collaborative design processes to achieve design excellence to provide leadership, direction and knowledge input for the design and delivery of projects and managing project deliverables, programs and deadlines and developing the capability of the team.
We’d expect you would bring to this role;
- A minimum of 7 years’ post-graduation experience with a focus on mixed use, commercial, hospitality and cultural projects
- A consultative approach to managing clients on design and technical aspects of a project
- An ability to manage multiple teams and inspire design excellence across all projects
- Proven experience in directing a design team through design documentation – leading package documentation, technical drawing, and writing specifications required
- Commercial awareness in the management of finances, resources, and personnel at a senior level
- Relevant experience briefing and operating as the key project stakeholder liaison
- Willingness and interest in leading and mentoring our emerging designers in design, industry and technical issues
- An excellent working knowledge of Revit
- Degree-qualified and registered as an Architect or working towards registration
We value diversity, employing people across a number of regions and representing many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. Our team has access to a range of benefits to support development and wellbeing:
- Creative studio working environment
- Inter-studio transfer opportunities
- Development and training, including access to an online training programme
- Wellbeing benefits
- Flexible start and finish times, part time and job share arrangements
- Professional memberships
Hassell is an inclusive, equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We demonstrate our commitment to reconciliation and cultural safety by fostering inclusive environments that value the cultural identities, perspectives, and practices of all individuals. We prioritise ensuring that everyone feels safe, included, and respected.
Our local studios serve as primary hubs for in-person connection and collaboration, and we offer flexible and hybrid work arrangements. Hassell encourages sustainable work hours and actively supports the holistic health and well-being of our people.
We’re a fast-paced and proactive practice, so we don’t wait until applications close to review them.
Submit your CV and professional portfolio.
Please note that we do not accept speculative candidates via agencies or third parties.
To apply for this job please visit ehzx.fa.ap1.oraclecloud.com.