Website MA | Morris Adjmi Architects
Morris Adjmi Architects (“MA”) is a multidisciplinary design practice dedicated to interpreting the historic forces that shape cities to create buildings that stand out by fitting in. MA is recognized for its creative use of new materials and technologies, sophisticated, sustainable designs, and thoughtful engagement with the arts. Each design decision is guided by a deep appreciation for and understanding of the integral architectural, cultural, civic, environmental, and economic forces that shape a project.
A Senior Architect, QA/QC Specialist works closely with the Director of Documentation and Construction to provide oversight of the teams’ design and technical delivery, mentors less experienced design staff, and ensures Firm-wide compliance with all drawing and technical standards.
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Licensure required
- Other accreditations encouraged (LEED, WELL, Passivehouse)
- 10+ years of related experience
- 3D modeling using software such as Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, and SketchUp. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), MS Office, Bluebeam
- Uphold the MA Core Values in all aspects of work
- Effectively advise project team, ensuring collaboration between internal disciplines (PM, Interiors, Art), consultants, and contractors
- Model positive leadership, communication, and organizational skills; mentor and facilitate the growth of less experienced colleagues
- Develop additional standards and protocols to create more efficient and effective work
- Lead in-house learning seminars to advance firm-wide technical knowledge
Project Design and Documentation
- Understand the MA Project Road Map, project Deliverables by Phase, and Responsibility Matrix (when applicable)
- Review mock-up (or cartoon) sets
- Research new products and stay current and knowledgeable on the latest construction methods and building technologies.
- Solve complex problems in connection with the technical development of large-scale projects.
- Develop and/or review project-specific construction details
- Communicate with the MA project team and consultants to ensure technically accurate and well-coordinated documents consistent with the design intent
- Work with specifications writer to prepare comprehensive specifications
- Comply with MA Presentation Standards and MA Checklists
- Maintain firm-wide schedule of QA/QC reviews as per the MA Project Road Map
- Monitor firm-wide documentation for compliance with building code and accessibility requirements
- Review drawing sets to ensure design intent is clearly conveyed to the AOR/Contractor
- Review projects for conformance with office documentation standards, documentation clarity, general constructability, and conformance with building and accessibility regulations.
- Ensure consultant sets are reviewed and coordinated prior to the release of drawings for each phase.
- Ensure all revisions are understood and completed by the project teams
- Ensure archiving and BIM audits occur at regular intervals
- Have a strong understanding of local building codes and accessibility requirements
- Archive project emails and maintain standard server file organization
- Identify recurring themes and technical areas of weakness and lead educational programming to advance the technical knowledge throughout the office
- Assist with review of submittals for compliance with design intent, as needed.
- Conduct periodic site observations with project teams, mentoring design staff on-site on construction-related matters; Identify areas of weakness and lead educational programming to advance CA knowledge throughout the office
MA has a distinctive culture founded upon our collective passion for community building, both in and out of the office. We are committed to maintaining a culture and sense of community by creating an enriching work environment built on collaboration, open communication, shared values, and common goals, complemented by engaging programming.
This includes daily lunches, firm-wide “On-the-Boards” presentations, offsite events such as the “Beautiful Spaces” series, and in-house art exhibitions.
MA offers a competitive and holistic compensation package that aligns with our core values of personal health and wellness, pay equity, and professional development, including but not limited to paid time off, paid health insurance, 401(k), and a number of ancillary benefits as well as financial incentives for licensure, professional certifications, and industry organization participation.
MA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and achieving an equal balance of pay within our industry based on merit and in accordance with the annual benchmarks set by the AIA, regardless of gender identity, gender expression, race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, or any legally protected status.
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions. Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.