Michael Dyson Associates Ltd, is an established, successful, and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the social housing sector. Established in 1980, we have four decades of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Based at our modern Head Office in Huddersfield, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our Architectural Design Team made up of Architects, Technologists and Technicians of varying experience from university graduates to more seasoned & fully qualified professionals. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic Design Team, that work on multiple projects at any one time. The projects vary in size and scale, and range between large scale new build residential developments to complex recladding schemes of high-rise tower blocks and fire safety works under the new Building Safety Act.
- Residential/Housing experience
- Experience with Design & Build Contracts
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCad
- Knowledge and experience in Revit desirable but not essential
- Proven experience in a Design Office
- A strong technical ability in all forms of construction
- Experience in Building and Planning regulations/procedures
- Good interpersonal, communication and written articulation skills
- A team player with the determination to drive projects forward
- Personal presence and well-developed leadership skills to support and assist more junior members of the team
We actively encourage and support, both financially & professionally, continued professional development, priding ourselves on fully supporting our employees in achieving their career goals and ambitions.
- Producing technical design drawings for RIBA Work Stage 2 to 6 on both new build and refurbishment residential schemes
- Production of 3D Revit models for use from concept design to construction issue information
- Running numerous jobs simultaneously, producing working drawings/specifications and checking/amending similar work drafted by others
- Production of planning, building control and construction issue drawings
- Attending client meetings
- Attending site and liaising with contractors, providing technical advice when required
- Be part of a modern, growing, forward-thinking consultancy
- Up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 9-day fortnight rota option for flexible work/life balance opportunities
- Bonus schemes
- 3-5% Contributory pension scheme & four times salary life assurance
- Regular performance and salary reviews to ensure our people progress in their careers
- Payment of Professional Institute training/examination fees/ subscription fees
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Fun social & team building events organized & paid for by the company
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Apply via our website to upload a CV & cover letter along with details of your current and anticipated remuneration package. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job please visit www.mdysoncareers.co.uk.