Website Austin Patterson Disston Architects
Award-winning design firm with offices in Norwalk, CT and Quogue, NY seeks a full-time Senior Designer for both locations.
Prepares design and construction documents and contributes to their coordination with the overall project team. Performs work on defined segments of a project under the direct supervision of a Project Manager or Associate.
- Completion of B.Arch or M.Arch from an NAAB accredited program. Graduates of a four-year program may be considered if they have significant relevant work experience.
- Five to seven years of experience in the architectural profession.
- Demonstrates an intermediate level of knowledge and abilities in construction documentation, architectural history, design, and technology.
- Functional proficiency in the systems of residential construction.
- Functional proficiency in ArchiCad is not required but would be ideal – working knowledge of creation and editing of drawings, 3D models, and the use of favorites; understanding of file organization and managing of files.
- Functional proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs as well as graphic design programs such as Photoshop.
- Functional knowledge of Zoning and Building Codes and their application.
- Ability to pick up red lines consistently and thoroughly.
- Participate in Zoning and Building Code reviews and applications.
- Assist in surveying and documenting existing conditions.
- Create and edit construction document drawings and schedules.
- Participate in material research.
- Participate in developing responses to questions, inquiries, RFI’s, etc.
- Participate in shop drawing and sample reviews.
- Assist in the preparation of punch lists, field observation reports and photo essays.
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
- Promptly report inconsistencies in the documents to the direct supervisor.
- Provide input in developing design strategies relative to assigned tasks or areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate with consultants and vendors.
Please note that this is an on-site position and all applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship. We offer competitive salary and benefits. Please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio and salary requirements to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org