DesignAgency is one of the most distinguished design studios in Canada, and our services are widely sought after, with clients in more than 26 cities and 9 countries worldwide. Our global success is based on our high level of design excellence and our ability to create special environments through narratives developed with the client. Working for leading companies, developers and hospitality groups, our clients work directly with one or more of our partners, reflecting our belief that great design requires leadership, focus and commitment.
DesignAgency relies on the Senior Designer to carry out projects and elements of projects. This individual will be responsible for designing, directing, and coordinating hospitality, commercial / retail, and multi-unit residential with minimal direction and oversight. This person will also mentor and direct staff, and effectively manage client requests and relationships. A knowledge and interest in all aspects and categories of interior design is required, as well as a desire for professional growth and development.
Senior Designers report to the Design Directors or Partners or others as assigned.
- College-level degree (interior design or related field)
- 10 years of interior design experience with a wide selection of advanced and various-sized interior design and/or architectural projects
- Hotel and Food and beverage design experience required
- Ability to supervise and direct project teams with minimal oversight
- Ability to mentor and direct staff
- Knowledge of design resources and evidence of creative sourcing and creative problem solving
- Strong client management skills and experience
- Experience working with AutoCAD, Revit and SketchUp is required
- Skilled in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and hand sketching
- Previous experience with V-Ray and D5 is beneficial
- Must be positive, team-oriented, flexible, and productive.
- Knowledge of Ajera is beneficial
- Multi-unit residential experience is preferred
- Fluency in English (both oral and written)
- Conceive, design and execute projects of moderate-high complexity from proposal through concept, construction and closeout.
- Strive for design impact through innovative, thoughtful, and functional design.
- Strive for efficiency and to reduce errors and omissions.
- Generate concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding & tender phases, programs, and working budgets.
- Work with teams to develop interior materials & finish specifications
- Coordinate all FF&E and interior architectural plans, finishes, and products with the client and project consultants as necessary
- Contribute to the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality, and client service.
- Create sound relationships with colleagues, clients, contractors, and suppliers to promote repeat business.
- Assist in the development of project goals, targets and schedules.
- Direct and review design development, construction documents and shop drawings for content, accuracy, and overall design integrity.
- Serve as primary contact for all sub-consultants, supporting the Design Directors and Partners.
- Use Ajera to deliver assignments on time and on-budget.
- Demonstrate excellent personal time management.
- Focus on service delivery while monitoring the status of assigned project tasks against the project schedule and participate in quality reviews of projects.
- Mentor project designers, intermediate designers, and interns in design practice, office standards and policies
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
We offer an extremely competitive base salary and the opportunity for growth within the company. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, or if you know the perfect person for this position, feel free to forward this correspondence to apply through the careers page with a resume and portfolio.
All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.