As a hands-on designer, you’ll collaborate with leaders from across the regional/global studios to be responsible for efficiently leading projects and teams in executing leading-edge design outcomes that have a commitment to innovation and sustainability. You will have a collaborative leadership style, with preferably demonstrated experience or an interest in the design of contemporary healthcare facilities of all typologies and scales. Knowledge of building design requirements related to the Australian healthcare design will be of benefit.
Acting as a trusted advisor, you will actively engage with clients and use your knowledge of design trends and local market insights to create strategies that nurture and grow existing relationships. In addition, you will monitor and act on strategic market opportunities to develop new client relationships that assist in the procurement of project work and drive the conversion of project opportunities, including initiating and driving winning competition entries.
Within the studio, you will actively contribute to the design culture at Hassell. You will encourage creative, inquiring, and intelligent design processes, communicating design ideas that inspire people. Motivating and mentoring the next generation of designers, you will steward Hassell’s client-focused collaborative design processes to achieve design excellence and provide leadership, direction, and knowledge input for the design and delivery of projects.
We are looking to hire a Senior Designer to assist with our health and an exciting pipeline of projects across all sectors and disciplines:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher qualification, in Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Architecture, or related discipline
- At least 5-10 years’ experience, preferably demonstrated experience or interest in health sectors
- Strong skills and understanding of commercial and financial components of projects
- Revit experience is preferred, or a willingness to develop BIM skills
- Ability to manage complex projects involving various internal and external stakeholders, e.g., clients and consultant teams
- Ability to effectively work cross-discipline with Hassell architecture teams
We value diversity, employing people across a number of regions and representing many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. Our team has access to a range of benefits to support development and wellbeing:
- Creative studio working environment
- Inter-studio transfer opportunities
- Development and training, including access to an online training programme
- Wellbeing benefits
- Flexible start and finish times, part-time and job share arrangements
- Professional memberships
Hassell is an inclusive, equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We demonstrate our commitment to reconciliation and cultural safety by fostering inclusive environments that value the cultural identities, perspectives, and practices of all individuals. We prioritize ensuring that everyone feels safe, included, and respected.
Our local studios serve as primary hubs for in-person connection and collaboration, and we offer flexible and hybrid work arrangements. Hassell encourages sustainable work hours and actively supports the holistic health and well-being of our people.
Joining our team means becoming part of a collaborative and innovative work environment. We provide opportunities for professional growth, and we value the contributions of every team member.
We’re a fast-paced and proactive practice, so we don’t wait until applications close to review them.
Submit your CV and professional portfolio.
Please note that we do not accept speculative candidates via agencies or third parties.
To apply for this job please visit ehzx.fa.ap1.oraclecloud.com.