RDC is an award-winning architectural firm with a diverse portfolio of work. We are currently seeking a Senior Job Captain to work in our office in Reston, Virginia, one of the most active communities in the DMV area. The ideal candidate will have experience working on retail and commercial projects. The position requires digital graphics experience, good communication skills, and an ability to thrive in a team environment.
The Senior Job Captain is competent in all conventional aspects of architectural practice with an emphasis on the technical implementation of the project design. Performs work requiring independent judgment and critical thinking. Adapts standards and criteria to project requirements and possesses a diverse working knowledge of related disciplines. The Senior Job Captain is responsible for the coordination of the Contract Documents and provides support and guidance to other technical staff as needed to successfully deliver contracted work.
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited program is preferred.
- 8 or more years of experience in architectural practice with a focus on construction and roll-out documentation preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and current construction standards.
- Advanced understanding of architectural design and related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in CAD, REVIT, and other business software and their application to contract documents.
- Extensive knowledge of codes, consultant’s coordination (civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural), and ability to successfully complete the permitting process with minimal aid and supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of construction contract administration processes.
- Has the ability to lead communication efforts with client and development teams.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.