Website PM Group
PM Group is a leading International engineering, architecture, project, and construction management firm. With a network of offices in Europe, Asia, and the US and a multi-disciplined team of over 3,700 people, we deliver complex capital projects in the life sciences, food and beverages, mission critical/ICT, advanced manufacturing, energy, and environmental sectors.
Due to our ongoing success securing large-scale projects for 2023, we have a requirement for a Senior Project Architect to join our Architectural Department in Cork. To be successful and to enjoy the challenge of this position, the role will suit a Senior Architect with Process design experience who has previously led large-scale projects (TIC > €100MM) from concept to completion.
You will have
- A professional qualification in Architecture that is prescribed under the Building Control Act 2007 or a qualification in Architecture that is equivalent to a qualification so prescribed.
- Be a registered architect or eligible for registration as an Architect under the Building Control Act 2007 without requiring further assessment.
- A Minimum of 15 years of design experience in the life sciences, food and beverages, mission critical/ICT, advanced manufacturing, energy, and environmental sectors. With a minimum of the last 5 years, leading a team of Architects and Architectural Technologists to deliver large-scale projects.
- A keen awareness of the Architectural industry and its ever-evolving role in the construction sector.
- Keen interest in the project delivery technology
- Upholds ethics and PM Group values, demonstrate integrity as a person who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Ability to stand firm when challenged on project changes, scope creep, etc. in a fair manner.
- Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence;
- Regularly monitors the communication network between stakeholders.
- Produces new/innovative ideas/designs, approaches, or insights to problems.
- Approaches change/new ideas positively and drives change to improve systems;
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations.
- Assists others with adapting to change.
Positive outlook at work:
- Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations,
- Identify issues and problems; make timely decisions, develop appropriate and innovative solutions; Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.
- Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends;
- Identifies business opportunities for the organisation;
- Demonstrates financial awareness
You will be located in the Cork office on a Hybrid working basis. The role involves the following:
- Proven experience in the life sciences, food and beverages, mission critical/ICT, advanced manufacturing, energy, and environmental sectors.
- Proven track record in delivering large-scale projects (TIC > €100MM)
- Strong interpersonal communication and co-ordination skills with the ability to lead multi-disciplinary A&E teams on specialist industrial projects, setting targets and supporting the team to delivery.
- Proven track record in all work stages, including preparation of statutory applications, managing tender and construction documentation, and on-site delivery of projects.
- Proven track record of managing large teams through all stages of the project lifecycle to schedule and within budget
- Will have a minimum of 15 years post qualification relevant experience and be a Registered Architect
- Strong Design and technical experience
- Will present a High-quality design portfolio from concepts through to completed projects. Project work to demonstrate master planning, office & laboratory design, knowledge of process equipment technologies, and GMP compliance
- Detailed knowledge of planning legislation, Irish and UK building regulations, Health & Safety legislation, and BCAR
- High degree of proficiency in Revit/AutoCAD
- Other software skills, including Sketchup, Photoshop, and Certified Revit training, will be a benefit.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pmgroup-global.com.