Website The Menil Collection
Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Status: Full-time, exempt from overtime
Work location: Onsite
The Senior Project Manager leads museum and neighborhood capital projects and provides aesthetic guidance on architectural integrity and quality standards for Menil’s buildings and grounds.
- A four-year degree is required, and a master’s degree in architecture or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of project management experience in residential, small commercial, or related projects is required.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in design and construction budget management
- Demonstrated interest in and appreciation for art, architecture, and museum environments required.
- Consistent, organized, and self-directed work approach; excellent time-management skills; ability to organize and direct internal and external teams.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office; familiarity with Autodesk CAD or comparable design software preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply standards to moderately complex documents affecting building projects, including but not limited to agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, surveys, and drawings; experience with AIA or comparable contracts is preferred.
- In collaboration with the Director, Director of Facilities, and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), lead a group of staff and consultants in the planning and execution of renovation and new construction projects, including budget management, reporting, and design and construction oversight.
- Work closely with the Director of Facilities and CFO on implementing the established plan for a multi-year revitalization of residential rental properties, including business planning and evaluation of existing conditions, selection of properties on an annual basis, and consideration of preservation of the historic neighborhood.
- Act as the staff liaison for the Board of Trustees Neighborhood Committee.
- Work closely with the Director of Facilities and CFO, and with the support of the Design Advisor, to develop, deploy, and routinely update guidelines to inform decisions for building material, fixture, and finish selection that reflect Menil standards for quality and character.
- Oversee teams of architects, engineers, contractors, and other vendors to implement capital projects.
- Work to position sustainability and universal accessibility in project planning.
- Provide accountability for quality, time, and budget control for projects in purview, including tracking the progress of each project against quality, cost, and delivery goals. Report status and variances to the Director, Director of Facilities, and CFO. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Upon request, participate in planning new museum capital improvement or maintenance projects that require architectural or design modifications. Provide design, budget, schedule, contract, and constructability input for the Director of Facilities as requested.
- In coordination with the Director, liaise with representatives from the City of Houston and other local jurisdictions, as needed, to facilitate public space maintenance and improvements.
The position comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation and sick time, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, AD&D, and LTD coverage. Employees may also participate in Menil’s 401(k) plan and receive an employer contribution equivalent to 5% of wages earned after one year of full-time employment.
Please submit a resume, contact information for three professional references, and a cover letter to: email@example.com
The Menil Collection is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. Menil is committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org