As a Senior Urban Designer in our Shanghai studio, you’ll be working with our principals, partners and clients to provide innovative and creative urban design concepts and solutions to both public and private sector clients around the world.
You’ll be involved in projects from procurement through to implementation so skills in concept development and communication are important, as is the ability to lead highly motivated design and documentation teams. This position is a senior level within the organisation with great opportunities for development and career progression.
We’re looking for a Senior Urban Designer with the following key skills, knowledge and experience
- Qualification in Urban Design/, Architecture, or Landscape Design with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- The optimistic and motivated all-rounder with strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of or manage small teams, inspiring design excellence
- Strong conceptual design ability and commitment to sustainable design principles
- Experience in complex urban design and regeneration projects
- Experience with client and consultant engagement
- Experience in Revit, Rhino, and Adobe Suite
We value diversity, employing people across a number of regions and representing many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. Our team has access to a range of benefits to support development and wellbeing:
- Creative studio working environment
- Inter-studio transfer opportunities
- Development and training, including access to an online training programme
- Wellbeing benefits
- Flexible start and finish times, part time and job share arrangements
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
Hassell is an inclusive, equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We demonstrate our commitment to reconciliation and cultural safety by fostering inclusive environments that value the cultural identities, perspectives, and practices of all individuals. We prioritise ensuring that everyone feels safe, included, and respected.
Our local studios serve as primary hubs for in-person connection and collaboration, and we offer flexible and hybrid work arrangements. Hassell encourages sustainable work hours and actively supports the holistic health and well-being of our people.
We’re a fast-paced and proactive practice, so we don’t wait until applications close to review them.
Submit your CV and professional portfolio.
Please note that we do not accept speculative candidates via agencies or third parties.
To apply for this job please visit ehzx.fa.ap1.oraclecloud.com.