Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF), a global architecture firm headquartered in New York City, is hiring an Architectural 3D Animator. This position will report to the Head of the Visualization Team. The Animator will work with project teams in the design studio on competitions and project development/ presentations, as well as with the Marketing Department (including direct collaboration with the Senior Content Manager and Video Producer) for project storytelling that feeds into PR and Communications.
The nature of animations will be diverse, ranging from experiential views and sequences within architectural projects, to didactic, diagrammatic scenes that might communicate the process of how a project was designed or constructed, or explain its various systems. We seek an individual who is willing to adopt new programs, bring creativity to the role of visualization and storytelling architecture while working as part of collaborative teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education;
- 2 – 6 years’ technical support experience;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Familiar with or strong knowledge with Autodesk Suite (Revit, AutoCAD) and Adobe Suite. If no experience with Autodesk and Adobe suites, must demonstrate a strong ability to quickly learn new softwares.
- Knowledge with batch and powershell scripting
- Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Able to build relationships with senior KPF staff, as well as all levels of KPF teams;
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed;
- Possess excellent organizational, management, and problem-solving skills;
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to become proficient in new applications and be a knowledgeable resource;
- Must be comfortable interacting with outside vendors;
- Knows when to escalate issues for assistance and awareness Not required, but bonus if you have experience with Rhino, Enscape, and Twinmotion
- Leads the deployment, testing, and configuration support of the KPF’s deployed design technology software, ie. Autodesk products, McNeel Rhino, Adobe Suite.
- With technology leadership, provides strategic evaluation of firm wide adoption and deployment of new software that best helps KPF to innovate.
- Configure and adjust applications to tailor them to meet the specific needs of the organization and individual users. If of interest, there is an opportunity to learn coding and collaborate with KPF software developers on software development projects as part of customizing applications to meet user’s needs.
- Interface with software support engineers to quickly resolve more complex problems.
- Works directly with team members to monitor and manage hosted applications and to respond to issues according to established procedures.
- Monitor and maintain tickets, requests, and messaging from application users.
- Debug deployed software tools and systems and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Maintains a calm and collaborative demeanor when working through issues to diagnose and solve problems
- Maintains current knowledge of design software, industry developments in integrated practice, and other applicable techniques.
To apply, please provide:
- A resume
- A cover letter in which you address which of the above skills you possess, your primary interest in animation, and in what areas you would like to grow.
- Please include 2-3 samples that you think best demonstrate your skill level in animation (regardless of relevance) and 2-3 samples relevant to the content of this job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com