Reducing unnaturally hued liquids, overpowering scents, and making our homes more eco-friendly is a dream for most homeowners. One of the effective ways to make these goals manageable is by swapping from liquid laundry detergent to the best washing machine detergent sheets.
Laundry sheets have many benefits that might make them your new favorite solution for laundry detergent. For starters, they are compact and lightweight, making them much easier to use and store. Using the sheets also means no more random measuring, sticky handles, or heavy jugs.
All laundry detergent sheets claim to remove stains, brighten colors, and whiten, so it can be difficult to know which works best. That's why we put together the Five best laundry detergent sheets on the market.
What's On This Page?
- What Are Laundry Detergent Sheets?
- 1. Tru Earth Cruelty-Free Laundry Detergent Sheets
- 2. Earth Breeze Laundry Detergent Sheets
- 3. Sheets Laundry Club Laundry Detergent Sheets
- 4. ECOS Plastic-Free Liquidless Laundry Detergent sheets
- 5. KIND LAUNDRY Detergent Sheets (Ocean Breeze)
- How to use Washing Machine Detergent Sheets
- Factors to Consider Before Picking the Best laundry detergent sheets
- Frequently Asked Questions On the Best laundry detergent sheets
What Are Laundry Detergent Sheets?
Laundry detergent sheets or strips are an affordable and sustainable alternative to a jug of liquid detergent. They are pre-measured, biodegradable sheets of detergent that dissolve into clothing with water. The sheets contain a highly efficient and concentrated detergent released when they hit the water.
The laundry sheets are incredibly effective in removing tough stains, preventing fading, and removing dirt or grime from clothes. The amazing thing about laundry detergent sheets is that you can use the sheets to clean almost anything from sheets, towels, or clothes. Again, they are often free from harsh chemicals, synthetics, and dyes, making them ideal for sensitive skin.
Now that you understand what lightweight laundry detergent sheets are let's dive in and look at the best laundry detergent sheets you can purchase.
1. Tru Earth Cruelty-Free Laundry Detergent Sheets
- GENTLE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN - Not only are Tru Earth Eco-Strips...
- 94% LESS TRANSPORTATION POLLUTION - Tru Earth's zero waste,...
- NO MEASURING, NO MESS - Let's face it. Traditional laundry...
- UNCOMPROMISING CLEANING POWER - Each Tru Earth laundry detergent...
- NO MORE WASTED SPACE - Tru Earth Eco-strips save your space with...
Tru Earth's laundry sheets are incredibly convenient and super easy to use. The sheets are vegan-friendly, biodegradable, and free of paraben, phosphate, as well as many other harsh chemicals. The fantastic bit is that these washing machine detergent sheets are certified hypoallergenic by independent dermatologists.
Image credit: res.cloudinary.com
The Tru Earth detergent sheets have plastic-free packaging that helps reduce transportation fuel consumption and global warming carbon emission. Again the sheets come in ultra-efficient compact packaging, which helps you save on space. With these eco-friendly laundry detergent sheets, there will be no more measuring or mess.
Each Tru Earth laundry detergent sheet weighs 3G, and you can be assured that it will get the job done pretty well. These washing machine detergent sheets will remove the toughest stains and restores bright whites revealing vibrant colors. Amazingly, Tru Earth sheets contribute thirty-two loads of laundry to different groups for every subscription they get.
2. Earth Breeze Laundry Detergent Sheets
- THE SAME POWERFUL CLEAN - Earth Breeze will clean just as great...
- FORMULATED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN - Our Eco Sheets were made for your...
- SAVE SO MUCH SPACE - Those big plastic jugs are bulky! You can...
- DON’T WASTE - Laundry jugs come in giant plastic containers...
- REDUCE CARBON FOOTPRINT - Earth Breeze package is so lightweight...
Earth Breeze Laundry Detergent Sheets come ready to dissolve in cold or hot water. The sheets from this brand are free of dyes, parabens, phosphates, and chlorine bleach, making them ideal for sensitive skin. The best bit is that the sheets come in fresh scent and fragrance-free varieties.
Image credit: Earth Breeze
The fantastic thing about Earth Breeze is that it does not use plastic in its products, packaging, and shipping. Again the laundry sheets from this brand are carefully formulated for sensitive skin. This means they are bleach-free, vegan, hypoallergenic, phosphate-free, and paraben free.
With the Earth Breeze sheets, you can be guaranteed a good clean for your laundry. The sheet's packaging is super light and compact, which reduces your carbon footprint by swapping from the bulky detergent. In addition, the zero waste detergent strips come in plastic-free packaging, making them eco-friendly.
3. Sheets Laundry Club Laundry Detergent Sheets
- Your clothes will love sheets - we made this liquid-free...
- Up to 100 loads; you can use 1/2 a sheet for a complete clean for...
- Enjoy a long-lasting detergent sheet that's safe for you - our...
- Laundry Detergent Sheets are easy-to-use. Simply drop a Sheet in...
- Perfect for sensitive skin - our revolutionary formula of laundry...
The Sheets Laundry Club detergent strips are made to remove dirt, stains, odor and reduce wrinkles on clothes. These liquid-free detergent strips are highly effective for everyday cleaning of almost any material, including cotton, silk, linen, and synthetics. The amazing bit is that these sheets work perfectly for colored and white clothes.
image credit: SHEETS LAUNDRY CLUB
The Sheets Laundry Club detergent can be used in hard, soft, hot, and cold water, which makes them even more convenient. Another advantage of these laundry sheets is that you can use half a sheet to clean your extra small loads. Again they are pre-measured and pre-cut to reduce wastage.
These zero waste sheets are also super easy to use; you only need to toss one laundry sheet in your washer with your clothes. In addition, the sheets are formulated with your skin in mind. This means they are perfect for sensitive skin and that they prevent skin irritation.
4. ECOS Plastic-Free Liquidless Laundry Detergent sheets
- Now 100% Plastic-Free! We’ve updated this product to be free...
- 1 Laundry Detergent Sheet = 1 load of laundry. Just toss it in
- Liquidless, powderless, and 100% plastic-free. No more laundry...
- Uses enzymes found in nature to lift dirt and tough stains
- No waste – our liquidless detergent sheets are completely...
Ecos Plastic-free laundry detergent sheets are 100 percent plastic-free and will be the ideal option if you are looking for the best eco-friendly laundry detergent. The eco sheets use natural enzymes to eliminate tough stains and dirt. The best bit about this product is that they are dermatologically tested to be hypoallergenic.
image credit: freestufffinder.com
These laundry detergent strips do not contain any plastics or harsh chemicals. Instead, they are formulated with plant-based ingredients making them vegan-friendly and biodegradable. The fantastic bit is that the laundry detergent strips can be used on white or colored clothes.
The eco laundry detergent sheets completely dissolve and are formulated to last up to 3 years. Again they come in plastic-free packaging, which is also 100% recyclable. Unlike most other laundry detergent sheets, these eco-friendly laundry detergent sheets are ideal to use for kids.
5. KIND LAUNDRY Detergent Sheets (Ocean Breeze)
- REDUCE YOUR ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT; Awarded by Better Homes &...
- GENTLE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN; Our eco friendly detergent won't cause...
- TOUGH ON DIRT AND STAINS; Harness strong cleaning power of our...
- DESIGNED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE; You'll never have to lift another...
- SAVE SPACE; Enjoy a clutter-free laundry room! Our washing...
Kind Laundry sheets are another perfect option for traditional detergents. These sheets are formulated with non-toxic ingredients making them ideal for baby clothes and users with sensitive skin. Their packaging is biodegradable and contains no plastic. The fantastic bit is that they offer scented and fragrance-free options.
Image credit: cdn.shopify.com
The Kind Laundry provides travel pack samples that one can try before buying a full box. Again with these sheets, you can forget about messing your laundry room with the bulky traditional detergents. The laundry detergent sheets are pre-cut and pre-measured, which reduces overuse which in most cases can ruin your clothes or the washing machines.
What's more, the Kind laundry detergent sheets are easy to use; you toss one sheet in the washing machine with your dirty laundry. The sheets will instantly dissolve and remove tough stains and dirt. The best bit is that you can use these laundry detergent sheets in hot or cold water.
How to use Washing Machine Detergent Sheets
The eco laundry detergent sheets are easy to use and work perfectly for all washing machines. Most of the sheets dissolve quickly in either hot or cold water. Here's how to use them:
Place your dirty laundry in your washing machine.
Then toss the laundry detergent sheet into your washing machine. In most cases, you will only require to use one laundry sheet. Remember, most laundry detergent sheets work best when they are added straight to the drum of your washer rather than through the machine dispensers.
Turn the washing machine on.
Factors to Consider Before Picking the Best laundry detergent sheets
When purchasing the best laundry detergent sheets, you first need to consider the ingredients used in making the sheets. Most importantly, you want to pick from brands that offer septic safe and biodegradable formulations with no harmful ingredients. Some ingredients to steer clear are MEA/DEA/TEA, nonylphenol ethoxylates (NPEs), triclosan, and Quaternary Ammonium compounds (Quats).
2. Corporate Responsibility
To avoid greenwashing, you will need to look at corporate responsibility. You will consider every aspect of the brand's business model for this factor. Ensure that the brand you settle for at least has practices like working with nonprofits to help people in need, supporting and investing in their workforce, and tackling any environmental issues.
3. Ethical sourcing
It will also be great to consider the ethical practices of the brand you picked. You will need to check the ingredients and materials used to formulate the sheets. Again you will need to check the conditions under which the sheets are formulated.
If eco-friendly products are a huge deal for you, then you need to consider the packaging of laundry detergent sheets. It will be best to pick products with compostable or reusable packaging. However, it is also important to note that you can get some products packaged in recyclable plastic or polyethylene terephthalate, which will also be a good option.
The zero-waste laundry detergent sheets are available at different prices. If you are buying the sheets, then it is better to buy the best quality you can get rather than get sheets that are just cheap. This is because some cheap products might often have harmful chemicals that can damage your clothes or even cause skin irritation.
Frequently Asked Questions On the Best laundry detergent sheets
1. Do laundry sheets work as well as laundry detergent pods?
Both laundry detergent pods and sheets are fast, mess-free, convenient, pre-cut, and pre-measured. They both do a good cleaning job and leave your laundry fresh and free of any stains. The main difference is that the laundry pods are made using harsh ingredients, just like the normal laundry detergent.
Again the laundry pods are not typically made for sensitive skin and tend to be hard n your clothes and skin. The laundry detergent sheets, on the other side, are more environmentally friendly and tend to be more gentle on your skin. The only disadvantage is that the sheets tend to be more expensive.
2. Can you use laundry detergent sheets in HE washers?
Of course, you can. Since most laundry detergent sheets don't have a concentration of suds like you normally find in powder or liquid detergents, they work pretty well in high-efficiency washing machines.
3. Are dryer sheets and fabric sheets the same?
Typically a dryer sheet and a liquid fabric softener do the same thing. They both bring a fresh scent to your clothes and make them feel soft. The only difference between the two is that the liquid softener is used in the washing machine while the dryer sheets are used in the dryer.
Image credit: spy.com