Bosch, founded in Germany in 1886, is a popularly known ingenious manufacturer for industrial tools, household appliances, automobiles, and precision woodworking tools; more so, its routers take the frontline in reliability. As a personal favorite manufacturer for most woodworkers, they have built an incredible reputation in quality products that DIYers and professional woodworkers can trust. The best Bosch router table, as a stationary tool, consists of a router that is mounted on the table and used to flawlessly shape wood pieces at different angles to achieve different cuts.
With this, you will accomplish a diverse range of woodworking projects with maximum precision both easily and conveniently fast. Router tables come in different styles; some offer a cabinet-style design, while others come with a benchtop design. To maximize precision and versatility, the Bosche router tables come with better storage features and dust collection methods, while others are much lighter and easier to assemble.
If you want a great router table while working under a budget, Bosch is definitely your go-to brand. The Bosch line of router tables includes the Bosch RA1141 benchtop router table, the Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table, and the Bosch RA1181 benchtop router table.
These are a dream come true for any amateur woodworker who just wants to get started with a budget-friendly but high-precision router table. Routers are the most versatile tools in any workshop that give precision to joints and a decorative flair to your work. However, with all the great features, picking one over the other would definitely need careful analysis for the right choice.
Best Bosch Router Table for Precision and a Decorative Flair
1. Bosch Cabinet Style Router Table RA1171
- Support: The tall aluminum fence measuring 4 7/8 inch x 25 1/8...
- Precision: The Bosch RA1171 features a rigid aluminum router...
- Easy to use: Two easy to use feather boards attach to fence and...
- Cleanup: With a cabinet style design, the RA1171 is able to...
- Convenience: Featuring a dual outlet switch with 6 feet power...
The Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style router table delivers both power and precision in equal measure. This cabinet-style router table includes a smooth laminated work surface, a tall aluminum fence that measures 4-⅞ x 25-⅛ inches, and an aluminum router mounting plate that makes it convenient to achieve various kinds of perfectly accurate cuts.
Furthermore, this cabinet-style router table provides compatibility with a variety of routers and can be perfectly mounted on any workbench. With the adjustable MDF face plates and easy-to-use featherboards to maximize precision, it can easily handle tall stock to ensure support and control while you're feeding stock. As a result, you will enjoy smooth operation at maximum precision.
This cabinet-style router table has a two-port dust collection system and a noise reduction system to keep a clean workable environment. In addition, the cabinet-style design gives extra stability and storage space to the woodworker to help make the process of routing much easier and more efficient. Designed for DIYers and professional woodworkers, the Bosch RA1171 cabinet-style design cleverly combines accuracy with versatility.
- Tall aluminum fence measuring 4 7/8 inch x 25 1/8 inches that can handle tall stock
- Fence complete with adjustable MDF faceplates
- Outfeed fence shims
- Flat and precise rigid aluminum router mounting plate
- The mounting plate is predrilled for compatibility
- 2 easy to use feather boards that attach to the fence and table, providing additional guidance and kickback protection
- Its accessory slot accepts featherboards in large numbers
- 3/4 inch optional accessories such as the miter gauge
- 2 dust collection ports that fit standard 2 1/2 inch vacuum hoses
- A dual outlet switch with a 6 ft power cord
- Package includes cabinet-style router table, mounting hardware, aluminum router mounting plate, 2x adjustable feather boards, 3 mounting plate insert rings, adjustable clear guard, 2x outfeed fence shims, starter pin, and guard
2. Bosch RA1181 Benchtop Router Table
- Benchtop router table design – Features a large aluminum top...
- Rigid aluminum mounting plate – Pre-drilled for compatibility...
- Extra tall aluminum fence – Has adjustable faceplates and...
- Dedicated standard dust-collection port – Fits standard 2-1/2...
- Easy-to-use adjustable feather boards – Attach to fence and...
The Bosch RA1181 router table comes with a larger work surface to ensure better precision and convenience as you operate. Its aluminum top is designed for superior durability, versatility, and portability
Like the RA1171, this Bosch router table comes with an aluminum fence and rigid aluminum router mounting plate for table height adjustment and compatibility with different routers. This benchtop router table includes a 2½-inch dust collection port to maintain a clean workspace. It comes with adjustable featherboards and an additional accessory slot for extra featherboards and optional accessories.
Its durable and portable designed storage pocket, power-cord lock, and in-built cord wrap allow convenient storage and portability to prevent unauthorized use. The Bosch RA1181 is versatile and designed to fit a variety of routers. In addition, its 2 1/2 inch dust collection port offers better dust collection for a cleaner work environment.
Other than its large aluminum top, this router table includes mounting hardware features such as MDF faceplates, two outfeed shims, and an aluminum router mounting plate. It also includes a starter pin and a guard for routing curved workpieces. Additionally, the Bosch RA1181 can be efficiently used for different cuts of various sizes and shapes.
It works with:
- Bosch 1613-series, 1617-series, and 1619EVS plunge routers
- MRF-Series Routers (only in a fixed base)
- Most Craftsman 1/2"-collet routers
- DeWalt DW616 and DW618 routers (only in a fixed base)
- Hitachi M12VC routers
- Makita RF1100 and RF1101 routers
- Milwaukee 5615, 5616 routers
- Porter-cable 690-series, 7529, and 892-895-series routers (only on fixed bases)
- Plunge Router Ryobi R161, R162, R163, RE170, and RE180
- Common 2-1/2-inch vacuum hoses
- Vacuum hose adapter for 35 mm Hoses
- Benchtop router table design features an aluminum top for extended work area durability
- Rigid aluminum mounting plate, predrilled for compatibility and above-table height adjustment
- The hardware features a tall aluminum fence with adjustable faceplates and feather boards to maximize precision and versatility
- 1 dust-collection port that fits a standard 2-1/2 inch vacuum hose
- Easy-to-use adjustable feather boards that attach to fence and table for additional guidance and kickback protection
- A kickback protection accessory slot accepts feather boards and optional 3/4 inch accessories like the miter gauge
- Storage pocket for router accessories cord-wrap that stores a 6 ft power cord
3. Bosch RA1141 Portable Benchtop Router Table
- Ultra-portable design – Features folding legs for fast setup...
- Easy click router mounting system – Provides easy bit changes...
- Laminated MDF top – Helps users make smooth and precise cuts
- Onboard storage – Ideal for holding router bits and spare parts
- No assembly required – Comes preassembled
The Bosch RA1141 takes after its former, the RA1181, and improves its portability with a folding design that makes it easy and quick to store. In addition, its 15-Amp plug with an additional outlet and safety switch simultaneously runs the dust collection and quickly disables and locks off the unit when needed.
Its Easyclick mounting system allows the router to be quickly and easily for Bit changes. At the same time, its onboard storage easily stores away accessories that remain with the router table. This Bosch design needs minimal assembly since it comes preassembled. The taller fence gives your workpiece more stability, while the dust collection port mounted on the fence easily connects to the extractor with an adapter.
For extra convenience, it has a set Bit height gauge and a track on the table to enable it to use miter gauges and attach feather boards for extra security while in use. In addition, this Bosch design has accessories such as feather boards, multiple mounting plate insert rings, and additional hardware. The Bosch RA1141 table is versatile and compatible with other routers, so always check the compatibility before purchase.
You can comfortably use it with materials beyond your typical 4/4 stock, which is a big plus since this increases its overall accuracy. Its improved feather boards are also compatible with other brands, which is also a big plus.
- It uses 15 Amps
- 16-1/2 inch in depth
- Has a 26-inch working length
- Made from laminated MDF, with an ABS plastic base and a metal router mount
- Ultra-portable design with folding legs for easy storage and fast setup
- A versatile piece of equipment with easy click router mounting system
- Laminated MDF top for smooth and precise cuts
- Onboard storage for bits and spare parts
- It comes preassembled
- A tall fence with 2 adjustable feather boards for guide work and extra control
- Starter pin and guard for routing your curved workpieces
- Bistro-height gauge for easier setup and enhanced cutting precision
Buying Guide for the Best Bosch Router Table
A) Adjustable Fence
An adjustable fence is probably the most important component to look out for on a router table. It saves you a lot of time and should help you complete your tasks easily.
A fence can be adjusted easily to sit in your desired place. These adjustable fences come in two types, the two-piece, and the one-piece. Make a choice depending on your needs.
B) Work Surface
Highly consider its work surface for precision. The work surface is another priority feature that you should consider when buying a router table. Make sure that the work surface is flat, strong, and rigid. Also, makes sure it doesn't have bumps since that will determine the precision of your work. Work surfaces laminated with melamine are best.
C) Dust Collection Port
In woodworking, a lot of dust will be generated, which makes it very important for you to keep the work area clean. To ensure this, always get router tables with dust collecting ports built-in. This not only maintains the cleanliness but also reduces the chances of you being exposed to this dust.
D) Base Plate Quality
Always make sure that the Bosch router table for your woodworking shop, its rigid aluminum sturdy base will take the pressure that will be exerted while performing the woodwork.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Bosch Router Table
1. Is a DeWalt compatible with Bosch router tables?
More specifically, the Bosch RA1171 has compatibility with a variety of other manufacturer's routers. However, the Ra1181 is only compatible with DeWalt DW616 and DW618 fixed base.
2. What routers will work with the Bosch RA1181?
- Bosch 1613-series
- Bosch 1619EVS plunge
- Bosch routers 1617-series
- Bosch MRF-series routers (on fixed base only)
- Most Craftsman 1/2"-collet routers
3. Does the Bosch router table have a lift?
Bosch makes some of the best routers and tables, but unfortunately, they don't make their router with a lift. However, rigging your setup with others should fit the bill pretty well after modification.