The cold winter months are around the corner. While it might be a signal of the pomp and glory we associate the festive season, it also comes with various challenges. For instance, the winter season brings in cold weather, which can easily compromise your ability to work in your garage. Plus, installing an air conditioning or ventilation system is not always easy.
Thus, we recommend you start with the best electric garage heater. These are compact but powerful tools you can use to stay warm regardless of the weather. However, as you would expect with all products you expect to use indoors, you have to make the correct decisions. This guide should direct you on the right track.
1. DONYER POWER Electric Ceramic Heater 1500W
- ※Radiant heater: Two halogen heating tubes effectively...
- ※Stylish design: suitable for homes & patios & terraces.
- ※Safe and non-toxic: zero emission of carbon monoxide, economic...
- ※Quality, safety and reliability: Our heaters are CETL...
- ※Excellent weather protection: certified and quality tested to...
Make your experience in the garage much warmer when you have the DONYER POWER Electric Ceramic Heater. Why? Well, it has all the features you would want in a heating machine. It's a portable heater that weighs only 3.1lbs and made using PA66 material that can resist high temperatures.
The heater will provide soothing warmth, all thanks to its 1500-watt oscillating element. Even if the interior components will heat up, the cool touch exterior is safe to touch. Plus, the heater is also light in weight and won't produce any noise in operation. You will be pleased to know this unit won't produce any noise when it's functioning for those who are pregnant.
You will find the carrying handle at the top of the heater convenient because it's easy to use to move your unit around. You can set it on a table next to you as you read, or the couch as you watch TV. It's a powerful heater that efficiently and thoroughly warms up your surroundings.
The good thing about ceramic elements is that they provide excellent heat distribution benefits. To be specific, this heater comes with several aluminum fins that contact these elements for optimal heat release. Each component in this unit is carefully selected to ensure high standards and the best heating performance.
2. Brightown Portable Indoor 1500W/750W Heater
The Brightown Portable Space Heater provides two convenient heat levels, which are the 1500W and 750W. Furthermore, it comes with a thermostat that works well to regulate the heater's heating performance automatically. You will find it easy to adjust the thermostat setting from 0℉-158℉, for excellent heating results.
Weighing in at 2.2 pounds, this mini heater is smaller than most units you will come across on the market. It's an ETL listed that is made using flame retardant material, ensuring you are free from fire hazards. Plus, the automatic safety shut off system ensures the heater is safer from overheating complications.
The unique tip over protection system ensures the heat turns off when it's tipped over by accident to take things to the next level. For fast and convenient heating, this heater features a ceramic heater as well as a high-speed fan. It can put out tons of heat for a 200sq space in a few seconds. Since its available with a six-foot lead cord and two-prong connection, this unit is easy to set up in most garage spaces.
1. Comfort Zone CZ220 5,000W, Fan-Forced Ceiling Mount Heater
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: The fan-forced heater is designed for...
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION: The body of the commercial heater is...
- TARGETED HEATING: Louvers and a variable mounting angle direct...
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS: The dual knob thermostat allows you to...
- SMART SAFETY FEATURES: A built-in sensor switches the device off...
When it comes to selecting the right products for your indoor space, the options are endless. Therefore, we start this list with the Comfort Zone CZ220 Fan Forced heater, which is perfect for various types of indoor spaces. Installation is also because you can mount this unit to the ceiling or wall for your convenience.
More so, it also has a durable steel construction, which is made using heavy-gauge steel. The durable steel can stand up to temperature fluctuation, even in areas that are not well insulated. Since this unit also has convenient controls, you will find it easy to use in almost any setting. The dual thermostat knob makes it easy to adjust the temperature to your suited level. Plus, it also makes it to turn the heater on and off.
You will be pleased with the targeted heating performance that this unit can provide. How is this possible? Well, it comes with louvers and a variable mounting mechanism, perfect for use where you need it the most. For auxiliary settings, it also features an in-built sensor. The role of the sensor is to switch off the device automatically when the temperature rises or drops.
2. Space Heater Fan for Office - Quiet Portable Oscillating
Make your personal space much more functional with the Space Heater Fan for Office. It is a well-calibrated heater that can help you battle the cold winter nights and days. It can heat up in seconds, and it features an 80-degree oscillating function. It's an excellent way to drive away the winter chill and helps you stay warm regardless of your position in the room.
Designed to be super quiet, you will barely notice the presence of this unit when it's functioning. Furthermore, the adjustable thermostat means that you don't have to worry about overheating complications. As one of the best space heaters on the market, the thermostat has two heat settings.
It's the perfect size for various types of indoor space. Plus, according to this unit's makers, the space it consumes is equal to that of A4 paper size. Thus, it's compact enough to place anywhere. Furthermore, the in-built carry handle and lightweight design make the heater easy to relocate around your spaces.
In some cases, you can easily tip over your electric garage heater, and it's good to go for one that will sit stable. With this unit, you won't have to worry anymore. Why? It's because the heater features tip-over protection for such falls. With all these unique features, it's easy to see why this unit is ideal for enjoying a peaceful sleep and sweet dreams.
3. Heat Storm HS-1500-PHX-WIFI Infrared Heater
- (Wall Mounted Heater Only.) Wi-Fi enabled makes it possible for...
- Safe to the touch grill. 1500 watts of power
- Space saving wall mount design means you don't lose floor space....
- When installed over the outlet, you can hide the cord inside the...
- Safe to the touch grill. Wall mounted version, Feet not included.
If you work in a large office or get ready for the winter, we recommend the Heat Storm HS-1500 PHS infrared heater. With the inclusion of wifi functions, you can easily control this unit's features from a handheld device. For safety, this unit also comes with a safe to touch grill, and it can deliver 1500 watts of heat.
Thanks to the space-saving design, owning this unit means that you won't lose any floor space. Whether it's for the bedroom, kitchen, or office, this infrared heater is the perfect solution for your needs. Plus, when installed over an outlet, you will find it easy to hide the cord inside the heater. It also has a safe touch grill, and the wall-mounted version is also highly convenient. You will be pleased with the cool-touch handle that makes it safe to use in various weather types.
You will be pleased with the exceptional heat efficiency that this unit can provide. Thanks to this unit's space-saving design, you won't lose any floor space with this unit. It's perfect for various types of indoor spaces, including garages. When installed over a power outlet, you will find it easy to hide the power cord inside the heat for ease of storage.
4. Aikoper Space Heater, 1500W Ceramic Tower Heater
- 【 Meet Your Heating Needs】Maximum 1500w power and 2 heat...
- 【Get Instant Warmth】This ceramic tower heater warms the air...
- 【LOWER YOUR ENERGY BILLS】 ECO setting allows the heater...
- 【BACKED WITH SAFETY 】The tower heater with auto shut off...
- 【Worry-free After sale】We take pride in the quality and...
Powerful, compact, and simple to use – just some of the few good terms to reflect the Aikoper Space Heater's performance. It can provide a maximum of 1500w of power, and it has two convenient heat settings. Thus, it's the perfect machine for heating every part of your room that requires excellent weather. You can even adjust the temperature interval by 1°F, perfect for specific temperature level adjustments.
It's a ceramic tower that you can use to warm the air around you reliably, to provide a mild current of heat. Plus, it also heats up fast, all thanks to the ceramic heating technology. The good thing is that it does not require any assembly, and the convenient carry handle makes it highly portable.
Thanks to the convenient ECO setting, you can easily turn off the heater automatically. How is this possible? Well, the Aikoper space heater does this by comparing the room temperature with the settled temperature. It's a process that helps optimize the energy consumption levels in your garage.
You will be pleased with the auto shut off that provides exceptional tip over and overheat protection functions. Thus, it's a heater that is safe for families, pets, or kids that might knock it down when you have it set up in the garage. With an exceptional 8-hour timer, you are sure of optimal warmth and comfort each time.
Best Electric Garage Heater Over $150
1. Dr. Heater DR966 Garage Commercial Heater
- Heavy Duty 240V Single Phase 3000/6000W Commercial Electric...
- Hardwired; Power cord not included in the unit. Dimensions:...
- UL/CUL Listed Wall or Ceiling Mounted Heater; Bracket Included
- Adjustable Thermostat with HIGH and LOW Setting. A dynamically 8...
- 5 Adjustable Louvers for to Direct Airflow
You need a heavy-duty and top performance heater when you want to heat your interior space. Thus, this is why the Dr. Heater DR966 Hardwired heater is also excellent for your needs. If your garage is cramped up for space, this unit is compact enough. Plus, it has five adjustable louvers that are perfect for directing the flow of air.
Thanks to the adjustable thermostat, this unit makes it easy to activate the high and low settings. With the cold weather coming, it's not always to keep warm and cozy – especially in outdoor spaces. Featuring a powerful ceramic element and cool-touch exterior, this unit is one of its class's safety units. It even has overheat protection that prevents accidents and damage from occurring to the internal components.
Plus, when your pet or child tips over this unit, it has a tip-over switch that will switch it off automatically. With all these unique features, it's easy to see why this unit is the perfect way to heat up and save up on bills at the same time. Since it also features a spiral steel metal sheet that has low sheath temperatures will deliver uniform heat. The large and dynamic fan ensures you receive sufficient airflow, with minimum noise or turbulence issues.
2. Patio Heater - Outdoor Heater & Remote Control
- 【3S FAST HEATING】- TRUSTECH Patio Heater, adopting the most...
- 【OVERHEAT PROTECTION】- TRUSTECH electric heaters for large...
- 【APPLICABLE TO INDOOR & OUTDOOR】- TRUSTECH Outdoor infrared...
- 【EASY TO OPERATE & REMOTE CONTROL】- TRUSTECH wall mounted...
- 【QUIET, DURABLE & RELIABLE】- This space heater is working...
Do you need safe, comfortable, and convenient heating? The Patio Heater is a top listing in this guide. It's an excellent machine that comes with advanced infrared technology to provide instant warmth in as little as 3 seconds. Plus, this unit's makers have done well to include energy-saving and environment-friendly functions for easy power management.
Tailored to suit both indoor and outdoor spaces, this unit is perfect for various heating applications. It can also provide an exceptional 1500 W of operating power, and the wall-mounted design makes it easy to set up. Whether it's in the garage, bedroom, hobby space, or even your bedroom, you can always rely on this unit's performance. The heater is made using high-quality aluminum alloy that is solid enough to bear high impact forces.
It's also easy to set up and relocate to your chosen space. Equipped with a convenient remote control and LCD, you will find it easy to track the temperature with just a simple glance. You can even set the time from 1 to 24 hours for convenient heating. There is nothing better than when you have a machine that can function silently. With this heater, you have a machine that works silently and won't disturb you as you sleep or work.
3. Comfort Zone CZ230ER Digital Fan-Forced Ceiling Mount Heater
- ☀️SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: The fan-forced heater is designed for...
- ☀️DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION: The body of the commercial...
- ☀️TARGETED HEATING: Louvers and a variable mounting angle...
- ☀️CONVENIENT CONTROLS: The digital thermostat allows you to...
- ☀️OVERHEAT PROTECTION SENSOR: A built-in sensor detects when...
The Comfort Zone CZ230R Digital Fan Mount Heater is perfect for ceiling mounting and hardwire installation. Yes, the features on this unit make it perfect for various settings, including garages, storage areas, warehouses, and more.
Regular users will be pleased with the heavy-duty design that makes it perfect for the hassles associated with garage work. Plus, the material can also withstand temperature fluctuations in places that don't have adequate insulation. The louvers and variable mounting on this unit make it easy to direct the airflow where you need it the most. Also, the fan-forced design is perfect for heat distribution throughout the room.
Equipped with a digital thermostat, you will find it easy to adjust the temperature levels provided by this unit. It's also available with a remote control that makes it easy to customize the machine functions from a distance. Since it also features an in-built sensor, you can be sure this unit is safe from damage at all times. The automatic switch-off function reduces any energy wastage issues.
4. Dura Heat Electric Garage Heater, Yellow
- Spiral wrapped, steel heating elements
- 500 CFM fan provides superior heat circulation
- 240 Volts/21 AMPs - Requires 30 AMP breaker
- LED display settable from 45-99 degrees
- Remote Control
Improve the functionality of your interior space when you have the Dura Heat Electric Garage Heater. Capable of providing over 10,000 watts of power, this heater makes up for a reliable and powerful addition to your interior space. Being able to control the flow of air is crucial when it comes to using a garage heater.
As such, the Dura heat brand has been savvy enough to include the same function for your convenience. It has a directional airflow louver design that helps to maximize the distribution of heat. Furthermore, the inclusion of a handheld remote lets you make adjustments conveniently. As one of the most heavy-duty heaters in the market, this unit offers years of reliable performance.
This unit's unique features make it ideal for warehouses, agricultural buildings, and various other heating areas. The heater also has a spiral-wrapped steel heating element that is enclosed using heavy-duty material. The material has an inbuilt timer, which you can use to keep track of the heater's functionality. The timer is particularly crucial if you have to keep track of the functionality of the garage heater.
Best Garage Heater $250
1. AirNmore Comfort Deluxe Infrared Space Heater
- SAFE - Pet and Child safe. Dual High Limit Sensors for added...
- NO BULBS - Uses the latest Copper PTC Heating Element Technology...
- DELUXE HEATING - Two power choices: High 1500 Watt and Low 1000...
- SMART - Includes Auto Reboot Memory. If the power should go out,...
- DURABLE - Built with top quality components. Includes 2 Year...
Discover the excellence of the AirNmore Comfort Deluxe Heater, which provides a host of functionality benefits. The heater is pet and child safe – to make it ideal for most modern interior spaces. It even has dual high limit sensors for optimal safety when it's functioning. The touch-safe design means that you can handle this unit even when it's hot on the outside. Plus, it's available with a tip-over sensor for optimal safety.
To improve the performance of this unit, the AirNmore brand has included a 3-prong grounded power cord. The cord is easy to use on most power supply sources. The AirNmore heater does not feature any bulbs but comes with the latest copper PTC heating element. Thus, will enjoy more efficient heating and less maintenance costs. If you feel like relocating your space heater, you will find high-quality casters convenient for the purpose.
You have two power choices when you have this unit; these include the 1500 watt and 1000-watt units. It's the perfect unit to use in small or large rooms. Furthermore, the auto-reboot memory is reliable whenever the power goes out. Why? It's because this machine will remember the settings before any power outage issues occur. Made using high-quality materials, this unit will provide years of longevity.
2. Cadet RCP402S Space Heater Portable with Bracket
- 4000-Watt premium utility heater at 240 volts provides warmth for...
- Note: included 6 foot cord requires a NEMA #6-20 (polarized) 20...
- Includes bracket for wall mount or floor stand use
- Rugged USA made 20-gauge steel construction, with a baked-on...
- Built-in Fan-Only switch provides comfortable air only...
You can still maintain your productivity during the cold summer months when working on garage work. The RCP402S heater provides the ideal for you to achieve this goal. For instance, it comes with a powerful 4,000-watt premium heater that can provide 240 volts of warmth. The heater is excellent for warming hard to reach places such as a workshop or garage.
Plus, you will be pleased with the 6-foot cord included, making it easy to get a power supply. Being able to install a space heater conveniently should be a key feature. With the Cadet RCP402S, you have a powerful heater that is easy to set up – with no skills or experience required! The entire system is available with a bracket to make it easy to mount on most surfaces. Since it also has an in-built fan, you are sure of excellent air circulation.
The Hot One 240 Volt heater also has a fan switch, which provides excellent air circulation without heat required. As you would expect with all high-end garage heaters, this unit is durable, and it can provide several years of reliable heating performance.
How to Buy the Best Electric Garage Heater
We have outlined the key factors you have to consider when buying the ideal electrical garage heater. They include:
The metrics for industrial heaters are BTUs (British Thermal Units), which measure the amount of heat the unit can produce. The amount of heat produced is directly proportional to the space you can heat. It's a good idea to go for a slightly larger heater than the rating for your specific garage space size. The heaters that can provide 4 to 5,000 watts of heat are also common for indoor heating in garages. However, the gas-fueled industrial types are suitable for large events or working in industrial sites.
We also have to consider a few key factors when evaluating the size of the heater and its power:
- Insulated vs. non-insulated space: an insulated space means that you have walls with special material for heating purposes. Usually, these include the room's aspects, such as the windows, garage door, and ceiling. These types don't require a lot of heating. However, the non-insulated spaces required much more heat, as its loss to the environment, especially during the year's cold months.
- Garage size: what is the size of your garage? You may require a large heater if you want to warm up large spaces, such as when you have a 3-car garage door. However, if you only want to keep warm in a specific place in the garage, consider the radiant heaters.
- Ceiling height: on average, a garage space does not often surpass the 10 feet mark. Any ceiling higher than this means that you have a large space. A large space might require a bigger heater that can produce high BTU levels.
- Temperature rise – if you live in cold areas of the country, consider getting a warm heater for the same space sizes as a cold area. Temperature rise is the key difference between your preferred indoor and outdoor temperature levels. Go for a heater that can produce sufficient heat for the purpose.
Since a garage heater is a relatively large tool, the conventional 110-120-volt socket is not often enough, and the 220-240 range would be better. The good thing is that most garages are wired to accommodate large appliances. Check to determine if your garage space has the right power outlets for your electrical components.
Also, determine the total ampere rating of your electrical devices before buying a heater. Also, ensure your home can handle the voltage and ampere specifications of your electrical devices. Most amps can support between 15 to 25 amps of power.
Plugin vs. Hardwired
Most people with garages will be familiar with the corded heaters, which you plug into a wall outlet. These types are excellent, but there are also some notable drawbacks. For instance, they are portable but are not suited for large scale heating applications. They are suitable for occasional use, or if you perhaps have small garage spaces. The hardwired types require professional installation, especially since they are suited for large scale power supply purposes.
Aside from electrical factors, there are various other key factors to consider when you want to get a garage heater. They include:
- Tip-over switch – it's a feature that switches off the heater when it topples or is exposed to a high impact force.
- Overheat protection - an overheat switch turns off the heater when it gets to a specific temperature level, which helps stop damage to internal components.
- Housing – go for a heater with a "cool touch" housing, which stays cool regardless of the size of space you want to heat.
- Clearances – various brands provide information on the clearance distance between combustibles, ceilings, and walls. Keep track of these metrics before setting up a garage heater.
- Electrical requirements – the circuit that supplies power to your heater must provide the ideal voltage and amperage level.
- Ventilation – remember to keep any exhaust vents and openings in your space open.
There are a host of features to consider when buying electric garage heaters. For instance, thermostats' presence is important because you can use it to regulate the heat output. Plus, most brands feature a manual knob that you can use to adjust the amount of heat required. The most popular thermostats feature high and low heat settings. The good thing is that they regulate the temperature without leading to overheating complications.
There are various other convenience features for you to consider, such as:
- Adjustable louvers - an adjustable louver makes it easy to direct the heat to a specific space. Thus, keep them pointed to the right place for the best heating results.
- Power cord size – garage spaces can sometimes be quite expansive, especially if you have commercial work. Get the right power cord to suit the size of your garage.
- Carrying handle – electric garage heaters might be compact, but you also need one that has an ergonomic handle for ease of movement.
- Mountable functions - Garage heaters are some of the most versatile heaters you will find in the market. Thus, a significant number of brands incorporate their products with mountable functions, to make them easy to set up on wall surfaces. Plus, you also have the option of setting them on the floor as they are highly convenient.
Remember this PRO TIP!
Getting a propane heater for your garage is not recommended for various reasons. While it's an excellent source of power, you have to consider safety factors. These include the fact that gases such as propane can easily lead to issues such as suffocation. Plus, propane is highly flammable, and it's recommended that you use it in spaces that are well ventilated.
Best Electric Heater: Final Thoughts
The low temperatures during the festive season should not affect your ability to use or gain access to your garage. If you don't like the cold temperatures as you change the oil on your motorbike or as you perhaps want to repair your car, get the right solution.
We have identified the best electric garage heater as an excellent way to improve your garage's warmth during such times of the year. An electric heater is excellent because its safer than using propane in most enclosed garage spaces. Plus, most of them are available with several additional features you appreciate.