Are you tired and looking for a quick meal fix? Pasta is your go-to, no-fuss kitchen option for quick body nourishment and energization. Accordingly, you can just boil packed dry pasta and garnish it literally with any sauce. In this case, we are looking for a quality pasta roller and cutter to make your own pasta at home.
What is the best rated pasta maker?
Not to worry, making fresh pasta isn't as laborious as it may sound. To help you enjoy pasta's authentic flavor and texture, here is an informative guide to help you find the best pasta makers. For those thinking of trying out pasta for the first time, let's start with understanding the pasta concept.
What is Pasta?
Pasta is a type of food made from wheat, eggs and water. This fast-cooking food comes in different forms to suit different user tastes and preferences. Most pasta products are made from wheat dough, but other grains like rice and barley have been used to make noodles in recent times.
In its simplest form, pasta comes as noodles or spaghetti, which can be simply cooked using boiling water. In other forms, pasta may be prepared in a slow cooker for baking meals like lasagna. Therefore, pasta is the ultimate flexible meal for any home cook.
Also, pasta comes in two forms: dried or fresh. In this case, we intend to cover the freshly made pasta. Even so, dried pasta is common and is mostly made for commercial purposes. It is also possible to find fresh pasta at your local grocery store.
In understanding the endless options you make from pasta, here are a few reasons why pasta is loved by many:
- It is kid-friendly. This meal is quick to prepare, thus making it common in homes with young kids who randomly feel hungry after play.
- It's easy to prepare. Even a person who can't cook eggs can make pasta. That said, pasta is probably the first meal to prepare for yourself whenever you move out to live independently. Simply boil some noodles or spaghetti in hot water and dress with any sauce when ready. Easy, right? And this is the full recipe.
- Fast preparation. Backing its no-brainer preparation, most pasta meals get ready quickly. This feature is particularly handy under busy schedules, and you don't have time to do take-outs. Even for the baked pasta meals, which are worth the labor, you are most likely to spend less time than other whole homemade meals.
- Pasta is the ideal crowd-pleaser. In case you have a lot of mouths to feed? Pasta is that one meal that most people enjoy. Therefore, you can make a quick meal from dry or fresh pasta with no fuss and still win the hearts of everyone on the table.
1. MARCATO Atlas 150 Pasta Machine
- Marcato’s Original World-Famous Atlas 150 pasta machine rolls...
- Made in Italy from chrome-plated steel; Includes pasta machine,...
- Rolls sheets of dough to 150-millimeters wide at 10 thicknesses...
- Easily attach the pasta drive motor and any of the 12 pasta...
- Called the Ferrari of the pasta machine world by Cook's...
Our front runner for the best pasta roller and cutter is the MARCATO Atlas 150 manual pasta maker. This incredible hand-cranked pasta machine hails from an Italian company, popular for making some of the best pasta makers. Notably, this pasta machine comes with a sleek build made from chrome-plated steel. On the part of its hand crank, it is removable for easy storage, and it comes in different colors aesthetically compatible with any kitchen.
As the best manual pasta maker on our list, it can exceptionally roll 10 different dough thicknesses. The pasta rollers on this pasta machine are designed to make rough-surfaced pasta, which a home cook would prefer for better sauce holding. After rolling your dough, you can use its dual-sided cutting attachment to make wither tagliolini or fettuccine. Needless to say, making pasta with this machine is effortless despite it being manual.
Another reason we rank this model as the best pasta maker is that it's compatible with other 12 cutting attachments, which are, however, sold separately. As such, you can make additional pasta shapes using this machine, including ravioli and spaghetti. Nonetheless, the hand crank mechanism on this pasta machine is not for the faint-hearted since it requires skillful coordination in doing all the functions by yourself. But, not to worry, you can buy an additional drive motor accessory or have an assistant to help you with the process.
2. Antree Pasta Maker Attachment 3 in 1 Set for KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- [ALL Upgrade Design] This 3-in-1 pasta attachments kit fits ALL...
- [High-quality Materials]: 3 sets of blades are refined from grade...
- [Efficient and Convenient] The pasta maker makes having homemade...
- [Easy to Use & Clean] Easy to attach, easy to use, easy to...
- [Great Gift] The 3-in-1 pasta attachment kit for KitchenAid Mixer...
Having a pasta-making machine is not the only way of rolling a cutting pasta dough. Alternatively, you can invest in attachment accessories for use with your existing stand mixer. A good example of this approach to pasta processing is the Antree pasta maker attachment. This pasta-making set is meant to be used as a KitchenAid attachment.
Accordingly, you will first attach the sheet roller to your KitchenAid stand mixer as per the manufacturer's instructions, then roll your pasta dough. Then, use the cutting attachment to cut your rolled dough into various shapes, including spaghetti, lasagna or fettuccine, without the need of changing the pasta attachment. As a contender among the best pasta makers, this kit is made from high-quality stainless steel, with a uniform power transmission design for making the best pasta.
In addition, this pasta-making kit is convenient and efficient since it can deliver eight different thickness settings without the need to replace other dough mixers. As a result, you can use this kit to make dough for dumplings, classic homemade noodles, fettuccine noodles and many more homemade pasta varieties. After use, this kit guarantees you easy cleaning with a quick brush application and an easy-to-open cover for removing the trapped dough.
3. KitchenAid 3-Piece Pasta Roller & Cutter Kit
- Powered by your KitchenAid Stand Mixer* to make quick and easy...
- Stainless steel rollers and cutters for consistent smooth rolling...
- Easily roll 6-inch sheets of fresh pasta, with 8 thickness...
- Use the Spaghetti Cutter attachment to cut pasta sheets into...
- Use the Fettuccine Cutter attachment to cut pasta sheets into...
Next in line is another pasta-processing set that works with KitchenAid stand mixers. This 3-piece pasta roller and cutter kit is an easy solution to homemade pasta with excellent versatility to whip up, roll and cut dough. Specifically, this set comes with a pasta roller, a spaghetti cutter and a fettuccine cutter. The process of making homemade pasta with these pasta attachments only requires attachment to your KitchenAid mixer.
The outcome of this machine is eight different sheet thicknesses, which you can cut by hand to make other shapes asides from the pre-programmed fettuccine and spaghetti cuts. You can also choose to separately buy other shape cutters like the ravioli attachment.
As one of the best pasta makers, this is easy to use as an electric pasta maker without the need for clamping your apparatus to the kitchen counter. However, the roller, spaghetti cutter and fettuccine cutter are difficult to attach to a KitchenAid mixer but eventually offer the convenience of one-person utility.
4. iSiLER 150 Roller Pasta Maker with Washable Aluminum Alloy Rollers and Cutter
- AUTHENTIC AND TASTY: A smooth roller gives pasta a consistent...
- ADJUSTABLE THICKNESS SETTINGS: Regulating knob with 9 settings...
- 2 WIDTHS FOR VARIOUS PASTAS: Using its unique cutter, pasta...
- FOOD-GRADE MATERIAL & STURDY DESIGN: Its pasta rollers and pasta...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Thanks to its separated structure, the machine is...
Another contender for the best pasta maker is the iSiLER 150 pasta machine. This hand-cranked pasta maker is particularly a good choice for a beginner since it doesn't require a big investment. Also, this pasta machine performs exceptionally well and at par with some of the best pasta makers despite coming at an impressively low cost.
Specifically, this machine operates smoothly for both thick and thin sheets of pasta dough. As such, this pasta maker can deliver nine thickness settings. In addition, its tagliolini and fettuccine cutters work smoothly without jamming. Nonetheless, like a noodle maker, the noodle dough tends to stick more to the machine.
During operation, this machine clamps to a table or counter for steady hand cranking. However, as a budget pasta maker, it sacrifices material quality. Even so, the aluminum material on this kit provides for easy washing with water, helping you reach nooks and crannies that a brush can't reach. Overall, this pasta machine offers great value in obtaining the same performance as other highly-priced counterparts.
5. Imperia Pasta Maker Machine
- Pasta Maker- Traditional pasta roller lets you make the freshest...
- Pasta Machine- Made of heavy duty, shiny chromed plated steel
- 6-inch wide roller with double cutter head that makes thin...
- Easy-lock adjustment dial with wood grip handle easily cranks out...
- Made in Italy by Imperia- Additional attachments for a variety of...
Any classic pasta lover would definitely be attracted to this next pasta maker. This Imperia pasta maker features a hand crank design for operation. In particular, this machine comes with a dough resting tray to help you achieve clean feeding dough. Other components of this machine include two pasta rollers, one for fettuccine or linguine and another for solid sheets.
Subsequently, it also comes with two cutters designed to make wide fettucini noodles and spaghetti. Also, this heavy-duty machine is an excellent noodle maker, with the ability to use diverse noodle-making attachments. Such functions are backed by its quality build, made from chrome-plated steel. Therefore, with the help of its easy-lock dial, this classic pasta handler from Italy is an excellent appliance for making the freshest pasta in the comfort of your kitchen.
6. CucinaPro Pasta Maker and Cutter Set
- CucinaPro Pasta Maker Deluxe 5 Piece Set - Includes hand crank,...
- Includes 3 attachments that will make 5 different types of...
- Made of durable chrome coated steel
- Pasta machine acts as dough roller - use the hand crank for...
- Features great quality and makes a great gift for those who love...
Here is another incredible rolling and cutting machine that comes at a budget-friendly price. The CucinaPro pasta processing set is one of the best pasta makers in the realm of manual machines. In particular, this machine would be appreciated by cooks that prefer to make their pasta by hand without the need for extra attachments.
As such, this set comes with hand-cranked rollers and cutters. In its simplicity, this kit can be used to make fettuccine, lasagnettee, ravioli and angel hair. At all levels, this kit is user-friendly with optimal utility and efficiency. Notably, items in this set are made from chrome-plated stainless steel.
However, this set isn't as sturdy as its counterparts, and it slides on smooth surfaces. Regarding its cleaning, you need to wait for the dough to dry before using a brush. Overall, this is an excellent manual pasta processor for any slow cooker meant for making any comfort food.
7. Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker
- Fresh flavorful pasta and noodles has never been easier. It...
- Experiment with an unlimited number of ingredients like egg,...
- Four shaping discs to create various types of pasta and noodles:...
- Taste the difference of fresh homemade pasta. Make healthier...
- With dishwasher-safe parts, the pasta maker can be easily setup,...
Also, on our list, we have an electric pasta machine to make your home pasta preparation processes less strenuous. In particular, the Philips Pasta and Noodle maker is the best electric pasta maker that comes with versatile features. Signature to the best pasta makers in the realm of automatic operation, this Philips pasta maker makes work easy with automated mixing and kneading.
After kneading, this pasta machine extrudes different shapes through the different included dies for making fettuccine, lasagna, tube-shaped penne or spaghetti. As pasta comes out of the dies, you can also use a plastic scraper to cut your pasta into desired lengths. This model stands out among pasta machines on this list in speedy processing at an estimated 10-15 minutes.
To help you in its operation, this machine comes with an LED time display and automatic shut-off function after every batch processing. Even better, Philips has equipped this model with measuring containers for liquid and dry ingredients as well as cleaning tools and a recipe book. Finally, this machine is easy to clean with detachable parts and accessories that are dishwasher safe.
8. OxGord Pasta Maker Machine Hand Crank - Roller Cutter
- HOMEMADE PASTA MAKER: Pasta Roller Lets you make Fresh Spaghetti...
- STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Built to last Stainless Steel...
- EASY CLICK ADJUSTABLE DIAL: Allows you choose from 7 thickness...
- 3 BLADE ATTACHMENTS: Detachable Blades let you easily create 3...
- REMOVABLE HANDLE: Easy Crank Handle can be removed for storage....
Our last recommendation is the OxGord pasta-making machine. This manual machine features stainless steel rollers and cutters, which allow you to customize your flat sheets of dough through nine different thicknesses. Regarding cutting, this machine comes with three blades for making a variety of noodles, fettuccine and spaghetti.
Furthermore, this model by OxGord is budget-friendly and still provides top-notch processing. Consequently, this is a great choice for beginners who might find a rolling pin hectic in making homemade pasta. Also, this machine comes with pre-drilled holes at the base for clamping while working. However, this clamp cannot be used on some countertops.
Type of Pasta Makers
Picking the best companion for making pasta should be anchored in understanding the available pasta makers. Specifically, you can either use a manual model or an electric pasta maker. Each of these options comes with its advantages and disadvantages. In some cases, the different pasta-making aesthetics of each model attract different users.
Manual Pasta Makers
The first type to tackle in this section is the manual version which is more old-school with a more hands-on orientation. Initially, a rolling pin and a simple knife were common among pasta makers. However, progressively, technology moved users towards using manually operated apparatuses. This latter method of manual pasta processing usually involves using a hand crank feature.
Manual pasta makers are particularly loved for their ability to deliver perfect consistency in pasta sheets meant for ravioli, all noodle types and lasagna. Additionally, manual models are preferred in making thin and long pasta shapes like linguine and spaghetti. Manual models are also cheaper than their electric options.
During operation, these models often require clamping onto surfaces for steadiness. However, the manual operation might be overwhelming with the required simultaneous handling of dough feeding on one end and guiding pasta on the other as you turn the hand crank. Nonetheless, two people can operate these models or add optional motorization for helping in seamless processing. Overall, make classic, authentic and fresh pasta with a manual pasta maker.
Electric Pasta Makers
Alternatively, you can invest in an electric machine to make perfect pasta dough in the comfort of your home kitchen. This second type introduces ease and efficiency that a rolling pin and a manual machine otherwise lack. Under electric models, you will find some machines with extruders and others with rollers and cutters. With the introduction of the term extruders, models with this feature squeeze out different pre-programmed shapes, which are cut by hand as they come out.
Keep in mind that electric pasta makers require a power outlet. However, not all models in this category can handle auto-mixing and kneading functions. This latter operation under the electric models extrudes extra-fine dough at faster rates. Even as these machines promise to do everything for you, they will require you to add some flour or water and cut the produced noodles at your desired length.
On the downside, even the best pasta maker of this type can be tricky to clean due to the inability to reach the inside of the extruding nooks. Also, electric pasta machines don't allow you the comfort of taking breaks, considering you will be working with the speed of your select electric machine. Nevertheless, you can still obtain the benefits of the classic hand crank maker by choosing a machine with a detachable motor. Overall, an electric pasta maker comes at a steeper price than its hand-crank alternative.
Choosing the Best Pasta Roller and Cutter
The first consideration to make for a pasta roller and cutter is the material. Ideally, the best pasta makers should be made from stainless steel rather than aluminum. The former material is weightier for sturdier cranking with more durability and application stability. With stainless steel, you also won't have to worry about rust since it's inert.
2. Pasta Making Attachments
The best pasta maker should come with an adequate stock of initial attachments to help make your favorite pasta shapes. Notably, cutters and rollers are common in the hand-crank models and in some cases, they come as add-ons for stand mixers. But, most commonly, cutters and rollers help you achieve long and flat strips of dough to make fettuccine and pappardelle.
Alternatively, if you don't intend on using the classic hand-crank machines, you can invest in an electric model that applies dies to produce refined pasta. The option of die extruders is common among electric machines. Nonetheless, in this case of rolling and cutting, you can opt for the electric stand mixer, which helps make your work easier and allows you to do a wide range of pasta versions.
The concept of different cutters and pasta shapes brings to the consideration of a machine's versatility. Also, under versatility, there is consideration of the number of thickness settings your select machine or kit can handle. Subsequently, we recommend investing in a pasta maker capable of delivering different thicknesses. As a consequence of different thicknesses, your machine must be versatile to make different shapes and sizes of pasta.
4. Availability of Additional Attachments
This consideration involves additional spending to get more out of your existing pasta maker. In particular, you will only require to add a variety of cutters since rollers either produce thick or thin sheets. Consequently, pasta cutters help to achieve a wider variety of pasta products.
In line with this additional element on accessories, it is important to understand that you can never find a do-it-all pasta maker. Manufacturers have ensured that you will still need them in the future, past your primary preferences. Nonetheless, while buying your select pasta maker, make sure to check if you can find additional cutters to consider for purchase in the future. The same principle will still apply to die extruders in the electric pasta machines.
5. Ease to Use, Clean and Storage
Any pasta maker should be intuitive for both beginners and adept cooks. As such, the turning features should do so with ease to apply less effort. For hand-crank machines, ensure you get one with a tight clamp for stable use.
Post use, you will need to clean your pasta-making apparatus. As such, you should get pasta equipment that is easy to clean without retaining dough post-cleaning. A tip for cleaning such equipment is to let parts air dry to be able to remove dried dough with a brush.
Eventually, look for machines that are compact for easy storage. These will include makers with removable parts like hand cranks to make them as compact as possible.
In closing, investing in pasta rollers and cutters will help you make more fulfilling simple meals. Consequently, freshly made pasta comes with the authenticity of used ingredients that corresponds to having the best tastes and textures. In addition, this approach helps track the quality of food you ingest as opposed to the dried-packed alternatives.