30 Dec Sunday Lawn Care Review
Sunday lawn care is a professional lawn care company that offers boxed subscription nutrients, used to care for lawns and gardens. This subscription service gives homeowners an easy way to maintain their lawns. Despite it being a newcomer in the lawn care industry, it is best known for its customized programs and environmentally friendly nutrients, that are delivered right to your door.
Only Valid Through The Link
Our unbiased lawn care review was based on the following features;
- Company's profile
- Plans and services offered
- State availability/Location
- Customer service
- Customer Reviews
Our Sunday Review
Sunday was founded by two brothers who wanted to improve lawn care. It was founded in 2019 and has not yet received a rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website. However, it was listed by TIME as one of the best inventions in 2019. It differs from other traditional lawn care services. For Sunday lawn services, you do the work yourself using natural products, compared to other companies, where you hire a lawn care professional.
The Plans, Products, and services offered by Sunday Lawn Care
Sunday Lawn care aims to improve the lawn while still reducing the chemical-laced products that can negatively affect people and animals. Their products are designed, to treat the lawn by use of the exact nutrients that your lawn needs.
The products of Sunday Lawn care are categorized as a core nutrient, target nutrient, or focus nutrient. This helps the customers in deciding the nutrient packet that matches their lawn needs and lawn care service goals. They offer the following nutrient packets:
- Lawn strength- It features molasses, nitrogen, and food hydrolysate.
- Grass Machine- It aims to strengthen the roots and produce deep green blades. It can cover a lawn of up to 3000 square feet.
- Grass Powerhouse- Designed to help in the growth of the deep green lush lawns.
- Heat helper- It is designed to help in the preparation of the lawn, for peak heat. It also aids in grass growth.
- Winter Ready- These nutrients aim to help in the preparation of winter stress. It has nitrogen, seaweed kelp extract, and salicylic acid.
- Green Out- Aids in keeping the lawn healthy and give it a blend of maximum color. It includes the manganese micronutrient and potassium macronutrient.
- Micro Boost: This includes nitrogen, micronutrients, and iron.
- Potassium Boost: It is designed to add a potassium macronutrient and seaweed kelp extract to the soil.
- Starter Fertilizer: This can be used when the soil shows some signs of phosphorus deficiency because it contains nitrogen and phosphorus nutrients.
It is important to ensure you read the list of ingredients on the products. Some of the above products may contain soy urea, food waste, and leonardite.
Plans and Packages
One year’s subscription will include three shipments, with a total of six pouches, one lab soil test kit, and a lawn review. The three shipments include;
- First box-Iron Booster, Grass Powerhouse, Lab soil test, and a prayer
- Second box- Lawn Strength and Grass Powerhouse
- Third box-Lawn Strength and Winter Ready
The lab soil test helps in knowing the specific nutrient deficiencies and need. It allows the team to refine the plan and determine the exact needs of your lawn.
If you would like to add the weed control products to your box, these are several you can choose from. These include;
- Weed Warrior: This organic weed control/killer eliminates moss and other weeds in 20 minutes. You just need to ensure that you don't apply it to the good grass.
- Dandelion Doom: This weed control formula is iron-based that kills broadleaf weeds and dandelion. It doesn't harm the grass.
Subscriptions start and renew between February and April. Your subscription includes a full growing season of nutrients split up into three different shipments, roughly every two months. These plans can be canceled anytime.
Some Customers on their website are saying:
"After one treatment this year I can see my lawn becoming thicker and greener. Looking forward to how a full year of lawn treatments will improve my lawn and make it healthier. So easy to apply. Tried your lawn seeding program this fall and that was a heat success. Thank you, Sunday for helping my lawn." Michael, November 2020
"We have lived in our house for 14 years and each year we’ve struggled with what to do to make our yard the healthiest it can be and not put chemicals into the ground to accomplish that. This year, with using Sunday, is the BEST it has ever been! Our neighbors have asked us what we’ve been using because they notice the difference too! I cannot recommend Sunday enough!" Rhonda, November 2020
"First time user. Very easy to set up and apply. No strange weird smells. It provided complete coverage for our lawn. We noticed an improvement in the thickness and fullness of grass. Even after the first snow here in the Midwest, it proved to look great after it melted. Excited to continue using the product and see our beautiful lawn lush and full of growth in the spring." James, October 2020
Other Customers were not satisfied and this is what they had to say;
“For me, I didn’t get the product on time so it was very late for the first application. I also bought the weed killer and it was worthless and way more expensive than other products that really work. Eric in customer service is polite and kind but offered no refund or anything else to correct the weed killer’s lack of effectiveness. I may try the lawn stuff one more time if I can get it on time, but the weed killer, never again.” — Jeff R.
From our observation, most of the customers were satisfied with the customer service, the company's mission, and the product.
The customer service of Sunday Lawn care is top-notch. Whether the customers have a complaint, an inquiry, something positive or negative to say, they will all receive a response from the company. The following is an example of a response from the company after someone complained of damage after using their product.
“Juan Pico—We’re so sorry to hear this! It is extremely uncommon for our products to cause browning, we’re going to have one of our turf experts reach out to you to try and diagnose the problem further and get this fixed! We do offer a full money-back guarantee if you’re not happy with your results, but of course, we want to help get your green lawn back on track ASAP. Look out for an email from us, and again our apologies!”
The headquarters of Sunday Lawn Care is located in Boulder, Colorado. However, Sunday ships its products across all the 50 states in the country. The delivery period is dependent on where you live. However, their delivery is generally fast.
Sunday boasts of their favorable prices. A Sunday lawn care subscription starts at $69 annually. This is way cheaper than most lawn care companies.
Pros and Cons of Sunday lawn care
- They use non-toxic natural ingredients like seaweed, molasses, iron, etc. in their products
- Cheaper than the full-service lawn care plans
- Includes free soil test
- Access to experts
- The nutrient packs are tailored to fit the climate of the area
- The lawn care subscription plans are only best for lawns that are 10,000 square feet or less
If you are a homeowner or a property owner who doesn't require lawn services such as shrub removal but wants an innovative and eco-friendly approach to lawn care, then Sunday should be the best option for you. We consider Sunday to have as the best DIY lawn care package. This is because of their ease of use, their fast delivery, and reasonable pricing.
1. Is Sunday lawn care legit?
Despite Sunday Lawn care being a new company, it is known for producing safer lawn care products than some traditional lawn care companies. They use natural non-toxic ingredients like seaweed, kelp, molasses, and iron.
2. How does Sunday work?
To get started with the Sunday lawn care service, you need to visit their website, sign up, and select your package. A quick lawn care analysis will be provided to help you know what's required to grow a healthy lawn. If you think that your lawn wants additional care, you can talk to the support team and request a lawn review.
3. How much does Sunday Lawn cost?
The Smart Lawn plan from Sunday Lawn care company starts from a $69, annual fee. You will get;
- Six to eight nutrient pouches
- A hose-end sprayer
- A lab soil test
- Customized instructions
- Access to the Sunday support team
This boxed plan is shipped annually. You can purchase other products separately. Also, gift subscriptions are available which include a welcome card and a customized lawn care plan for your climate. To get an estimate of the total cost, you can place your address and details online, then Sunday’s tool will estimate the size of your lawn.
4. Does Sunday Lawn Care kill weeds?
Sunday has a Weed Warrior treatment that is herbicidal, a non-selective herbicide that easily kills weeds including dandelions, chickweed, moss, and more. However, it can also kill the grass because it is non-selective.