A conventional generator might not be the best choice to run delicate appliances. You need an inverter generator as it produces clean energy thanks to the presence of an alternator.
Inverter generators convert AC electricity into DC electricity that’s safer and more reliable. Thanks to this clean energy output, an inverter generator can be used to power sensitive devices including medical appliances, mobile phones, and laptops.
There are many benefits of an inverter generator. It helps you save fuel, minimizes emissions, and also reduces noise. Thanks to these traits and the ability to convert AC into DC, this generator is a viable fit for both heavy and sensitive appliances.
Such generators are perfect for indoors and outdoors, hence you even carry one when you go out on camping or hunting trips.
There are many inverter generators on the market to choose from, however picking one can be quite difficult due to the huge variety of available options.
To make it easier for you, we have selected a few inverter generators that are perfect for all users. Let’s have a look:
Best Inverter Generator Reviews
Let’s have a look at detailed reviews of our top inverter generators. They are also called intelligent generators due to their ability to adjust engine speed as per the load.
- 1600 watt rated AC output, 2000 watt maximum AC output, 13.3/16.7...
- Super-quiet muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor - 51.5 dBA...
- Smart Throttle varies engine speed based on load - improves fuel...
- Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control
- CARB Compliant
Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is a gas powered smart inverter generator that caters to both indoor and outdoor needs. It is quiet in operation and thanks to the inverter technology, adjusts the engine speed according to the power requirements.
Read Full Review of Briggs & Stratton Q6500 Here
There are many amazing features in this inverter generator such as noise suppression frame, overloading protection, adequate fuel tank, etc.
If you’re looking for a quiet inverter generator then this one fits the bill. It produces only 51 dB of noise when operated at 25% load. The maximum noise it produces is only 61 dB at 100% load. In addition to that, it has isolated rubber feet to suppress vibrations.
Thanks to these amazing features, you can use this generator anywhere. It’s a powerful unit capable of delivering 2000W of peak power and 1600W of running power.
While this is enough power to run smaller appliances, it may not be enough for some users. If such is the case, you can use Twin Tech functionality to connect two generators to double the power. Also known as parallel capability, this feature is great when you want to run more appliances or enjoy longer run-times.
There’s a large 1.1-gallon fuel tank that offers a runtime of almost 10.5 hours when you keep the load at 25%. This is good enough as you can enjoy a good night’s sleep without having to worry about running out of fuel.
Plus, it’s also fuel efficient. The engine can adjust the speed automatically and there’s a dual coil alternator stator that reduces fuel consumption.
There are three outlets in this unit:
- One DC outlet
- Two 120V AC outlets
It also supports 8A 12V outlets to charge batteries. You will, however, have to buy it separately.
Additionally, the generator is safe to use. It keeps all the components and circuits safe thanks to overpower protection that breaks the circuit if the load increases the generator’s ability. It’s important to prevent the generator from damaging connected devices.
You can use this generator for home or outdoor since it is super light and easier to travel with.
Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is the best inverter generator for people who wish to kickstart small to medium appliances. It is eas7 to travel with and has some kickass features.
- Built-in 30 Amp outlet - the EU2200i companion offers one 30 Amp...
- Lightweight and compact - weighing less than 47 lbs. the EU2200i...
- A fuel shutoff valve ("Fuel Off" position) allows the engine to...
- An increase in the ventilation area of 2.31 square inches...
- A bigger oil filler opening, a longer spout and larger oil drain...
Honda EU2200i is an excellent inverter generator for small homes. It has a compact design and is hence easy to travel with. This unit delivers 2200 watt of clean energy and is the right fit for sensitive electronics.
It consists of two important outlets that are commonly required in every household, the 30A locking plug and the 20A 125V outlet.
Read Full Review of Briggs & Stratton Q6500 Here
Honda EU2200i comes with a powerful GX120 121cc engine. This engine is superior in many aspects, especially in handling heavy loads. There will be no fluctuations. This is why EU2200i is a good choice to run delicate appliances.
This inverter generator is super quiet when operational. It produces noise between 47 to 57 dB depending upon the load is. At 25% load, it will make only 51 dB of noise which means you will feel at ease even when the generator is up and running.
The inverter technology that runs this unit not only makes sure that clean energy is produced but it also prevents the unit from tripping. Sometimes, when the power exceeds the running watts, some generators trip. But this doesn’t happen with EU2200i thanks to amazing features that ensure the generator and all running appliances remain running and safe.
It delivers non-stop 1800 watts of running power and 2200 watts of starting power. You can also increase the output by connecting another similar generator in parallel to double the output power.
The parallel connection will allow you to use 4400w of power. This will allow you to run more appliances and for longer hours.
The runtime offered by the unit is between 4 to 9 hours depending on the load. On full load, it will run for 4 hours. For extended runtime, lower the load to 25% to make it run for up to 9 hours.
It contains a 0.95-gallon fuel tank which can last for a good period of time. Moreover, you can increase the capacity by attaching an external fuel tank as well.
Safety is another strong feature of this inverter generator. It supports electric circuit breaker technology and also alerts when the oil is low.
Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt 120-Volt is super quiet, portable, safe to use, and powerful. You can use it to power up appliances at home or use it for outdoor purposes as well making it the best inverter generator.
3. Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready Inverter with Quiet Technology
- Advanced Open Frame Inverter Design: 50% quieter and 20% lighter...
- Quiet Technology and Extended Run Time: 64 dBA is great for RVs,...
- Clean electricity for sensitive electronics: RV Ready with a 120V...
- Parallel Ready: Increase your power output by connecting up to...
- Champion Support: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE...
Champion 4000 is a premium inverter generator that produces 4000w of starting power and 3500w of running power. This much power is enough to run most of the appliances such as washing machines, refrigerators, etc.
That’s not all, thanks to the inverter technology, you can also run sensitive appliances with peace of mind.
It is an intelligent generator for a number of reasons. It has an LED system that shows the generator’s status with a few other details that can help you maintain the generator. It will alert you when the oil is low and also notify you when the power overloads.
A large 2.9-gallon fuel tank ensures the generator runs for about 17 long hours on a full tank. In case, you want it to run even longer, you can switch the running mode to eco mode and extend the runtime.
Another smart feature found in this generator is its ability to auto adjust fuel consumption as per the load.
The unit offers four outlets to connect various appliances:
- One 120V 30A RV outlet.
- One dual USB adapter with a 12V DC outlet.
- Two 120V 20A household outlets.
Thanks to the availability of these outlets, you can use it for home, RVs, and campings as well as you’d be able to run a good number of appliances with this beauty.
The unit produces 64 dB of noise which is acceptable as long as you keep it 23 feet away.
You can operate many appliances at once by connecting them to various outlets as it delivers 3500 watts of continuous power.
There are no fluctuations and the best part is that you can double the power to 7000w by connecting another similar model by using the parallel connection feature. Hence, powering heavier appliances such as AC units won’t be a problem anymore.
It’s quite a durable generator thanks to its ability to detect low oil and shut down. This is important as it protects not just the generator but also the connected appliances.
Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Quiet Technology is the right choice for people with medium to big homes. It can kickstart many appliances and produces clean energy making it the best inverter generator.
- QuietPower Series Inverter Technology - Inverter technology...
- 306cc Integrated Engine/Alternator - A highly-efficient...
- Protective, Noise-Reducing Shell - With an all-steel frame...
- Compact, Lightweight Design - With a design that’s 45% more...
- CO Guard carbon monoxide shutdown technology - Shuts down the...
People looking for powerful inverter generators should definitely consider this one. It delivers 6500W of raw power and is capable of running almost any home appliance.
Quiet operation is one of the strongest traits of this unit and it also offers excellent runtimes.
Read Full Review of Briggs & Stratton Q6500 Here
When you want to run heavy and power-hungry appliances such as irons, LCDs washing machines, dryers, a normal inverter generator won’t help. You need a juggernaut of an inverter generator such as the Briggs & Stratton Q6500.
It produces 6500 watts of clean energy to kickstart a plethora of appliances. You can connect up to seven appliances at once as there are 7 outlets provided by this unit including two USB outlets, four 20V-20A GFCI-protected outlets and one 120V-240V-30A locking outlet.
The abundance of outlets makes it perfect for TVs, camping trips, and indoor uses. Plus, it is also very safe to use as it offers consistent power. There are no fluctuations, making it safe to run all kinds of appliances.
The problem with heavy generators is that they produce a lot of noise but not this one. It produces only 66 dB of sound at 25% load. Apart from that, it has a noise suppressing frame that keeps the noise down and also protects internal components from.
Also, do not let the power fool you. The generator may be slightly heavy at 138 pounds but is quite mobile thanks to a comfortable telescopic handle for movement. Plus, it has 8” wheels that make the job easier.
This generator offers an extended runtime of 14 hours when used on a full tank. This saves you from repeated refills and allows you to sleep and do your work without having any worries.
Moreover, it also has a fuel gauge that lets you keep an eye out on the fuel and know when to add fuel to keep it running.
Briggs & Stratton 30675 Q6500 Inverter Generator is considered the best inverter generator. It produces little noise and is also easier to move around.
- 7000 watts, 120/240V
- Perfect for home back up power, rvs, outdoor events, and more
- Super quiet
- Fuel efficient - runs up to 18 hours on 5.1 gal of fuel
- Convenient electric start
This unit is all about power. It can run a variety of appliances including ACs, dryers, refrigerators, TVs and more. It might be a heavier generator but it is a breeze to maintain and use thanks to some great features that are not found on most other generators.
The Honda EU7000IS inverter generator will run for 18 consistent hours at 25% load. The runtime falls down to 6 hours at rated load but that’s also quite impressive considering how powerful it is.
The unit incorporates a simple electric start mechanism that makes it easy to start it.
It offers 7000 watts of power and produces only 52 dB of sound at 25% load. The noise increases to 60 decibels at full load but it’s also not very loud. This is possible due to the use of USDA-qualified spark muffler that greatly suppresses the noise.
It’s safe to use thanks to the electronic circuit breaker feature that breaks the circuit if it gets overloaded. This feature is important for the safety of not just the generator but also connected appliances.
One rare feature on this unit is the i-Monitor LCD. It displays a number of important stats such as the quantity of oil left, overload status, engine speed, number of operating hours, etc.
Thanks to the i-Monitor LCD, you can keep tabs on various things. It makes handling easier and also add to the durability.
Plus, due to the inverter technology, this generator produces super clean energy with less than 2.5% THD. Hence, it’s good to run all kinds of appliances.
Honda 7000W Inverter 120/240v Fuel Efficient Generator is a viable pick for users who want extra wattage to run heavier appliances. It is a beast at handling power and doesn’t cause fluctuation at all, hence it is known as the best inverter generator.
How To Find The Best Inverter Generator
Inverter generators are great as they are safe to use and offer some other benefits as well. However, they all claim to be the best inverter generators, hence you need to be careful when picking one.
Let’s have a look at some of the features that will help you identify a suitable inverter generator for your needs:
Factors To Look Into When Buying An Inverter Generator
This is an important section. Go through all the headings to know what factors matter when you set out to buy an inverter generator.
- Choosing The Right Power Inverter: You can get smaller generators that only product about 2000W of power or you can opt for bigger generators that can go as high as 10000W.The only thing you need to consider is the number of appliances you have to run and the power they need to operate.1000W inverter generators are good if you only want to run a fan, bulb, and small appliances. It can also charge laptops or phones but may not be able to run bigger appliances.For those, you will need a unit that can produce at least 2500W of power. Such units can run television sets too. However, for bigger appliances like air conditioners, you will need a generator that can produce about 3000W of continuous power.
- Noise: It’s important to choose a generator with as little noise as possible. This is because loud generators can ruin the surroundings and also make it difficult to work or rest.You need to look at the decibel rating to understand how much noise a generator would make. Higher the decibel rating, louder a generator would be.If you are looking for extremely silent generators, go for ones that come under 50-70 decibels. It’s even better if the unit comes enclosed in a noise reducing frame and mufflers.Generators under 50 dB produce little to no noise. Anything above that can be troublesome. Remember that it will be hard to find a generator that’s completely silent. You can, however, take steps to reduce the noise.Never make the mistake of placing the generator on the ground as it can cause vibrations. Other than this, consider placing it at a distance so that the noise can be reduced.A distance of about 20 feet is said to be good as it does not only suppress the noise but also reduces the risk of health hazards.
- Starting Technology: Go for a generator that is easy to start. The electric start system is the best as you will only need to press a button to get the general started.Some generators, however, only offer a manual start. They require pulling the cord to start the generator. This mechanism can be irritating and also lead to backache.
- Safety Features: If you’re a beginner, pick a generator that comes equipped with meter gauges so that you can keep tabs on the status. Moreover, look for features such as low oil shutdown so that you can prevent the unit from shutting off due to low oil.It can be very risky to operate a generator when the oil is low. Hence, such features can come in handy.
FAQ: 5 Questions About Inverter Generators
#1 How can I know if it is an inverter generator?
Ans. Most inverter generators will contain the letter “I” in the name. This I stands for ‘inverter’ and can help you identify an inverter generator. However, a more reliable technique is to look at the features.
Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt 120-Volt Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator, for example, contains the letter “i” in the name “EU2200i”.
Since inverter generators are in demand, most sellers clearly mention it on the marketing material.
#2 What are the benefits of inverter generators?
Ans. The biggest benefit of inverter generators is the ability to charge sensitive appliances. These generators produce clean output, hence there is no risk of fluctuations and damage.
#3 Which inverter generator should I buy?
Ans. The right generator depends on your needs and requirements. .Yamaha EF2000iSv2, 1600 Running Watts/2000 Starting Watts, Gas Powered Portable Inverter, for example, can be a good pick if you want to run only a few appliances.
Consider Honda 7000W Super Quiet Light Weight Inverter 120/240v Fuel Efficient Generator with iMonitor LCD if you want to run a high number of appliances or need a lot of power.
#4 How often should I change the oil?
Ans. While this changes from generator to generator and the manual is the best option to get the answer, you should ideally change oil every 100 hours of use.
Only use the recommended oil and follow all the guidelines perfectly. Champion 4000-Watt RV Ready DH Series Open Frame Inverter with Quiet Technology comes with a detailed manual that answers all oil change related questions you may have.
#5 What are the risk factors associated with using an inverter generator?
Ans. Inverter generators like Briggs & Stratton 30675 Q6500 Inverter Generator are safe to use but you need to be careful about a few things.
These generators, like most other generators, may produce harmful gases so make sure to keep distance. Also, follow all maintenance tips and get the generator serviced if you encounter problems.
These are some of the best inverter generators you can go for. Pick one that suits you the best.