Choosing the best printer for vinyl stickers can be a challenge because there are various options available that come from different brands and models. All printers have their benefits, and you should choose according to your requirements. A vinyl sticker printer is a long-term investment, and therefore you should buy the best one according to your preference, budget, and the printer material.
What Printer Can Print On Heat Transfer Vinyl?
There are three types of printers that support heat transfer based on printing: inkjet printers, laser printers, and dye-sublimation printers.
1. Inkjet Printers
These printers are the ones that are mostly used in a home office and can either be in two types: The ones that use dye-based ink and the other ones that use pigment-based ink, which is more expensive. First, ensure that your printer is compatible with the method to get prints on the paper, vinyl, or fabric through heat transfer.
2. Laser Printers
These are the easiest printers to get heat transfer prints out because they use heat to burn paper ink. A laserjet printer handles bulk printing better than an inkjet printer. However, it would be best if you practiced care because some papers can generate jamming, and overheating can damage your printer.
3. Dye-Sublimation Printers
The dye sublimation printer can print fabric directly without using an intermediary heat transfer paper. You can always use another method to print a variation of items and plastics plus other fabric kinds. Heat transfer vinyl is designed to work with laser and inkjet printers and is not cross-compatible. You should use inkjet transfer paper on an inkjet printer and use laser transfer paper on a laser printer.
Below we have reviewed some of the best vinyl printers in the market right now, which have their advantages and disadvantages and can all be bought from amazon.
The Best Vinyl Sticker Printer Reviews
1. HP OfficeJet 3830 All In One Wireless Printer
- The main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy,...
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand: The HP Smart...
- Ink delivered to your home: Get your first 2 months free when you...
- Print laser-quality documents and lab-quality photos from your...
- Optional quiet mode helps keep noise to a minimum
HP OfficeJet 3830 wireless all in one is one of the best printers for vinyl sticker businesses, mostly for sticker paper printing but not the best for any personal use. It can be operated from anywhere by using your smartphone and fits in small spaces and on your desk as it is compact. Officejet 3830 printer for stickers allows border-less printing and is known as a 4×6 photo printer.
- It has a wireless connection
- Automatic document feeder
- The printer supports 4 by 6 inches, A4 page, 5 by 7 paper, and legal-size page printing
- Amazon choice product and the best seller in the printer category
- Free product support
2. HP OfficeJet 5255
- Replaces the HP OfficeJet 4650, HP OfficeJet 5255 comes with...
- Accomplish everything in your home office – This all in one...
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 2 months free when you...
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand – The HP...
- A new level of wireless connectivity you can count on – Get a...
HP OfficeJet 5255 is the best printer used for vinyl decals. It is a high-quality sticker that is lightweight, small, and affordable that can be used for frequent copying, scanning, and printing vinyl stickers. In addition, because of the two-sided printing options, you can print in different sizes. As a result, it is an ideal vinyl sticker printer that you can use at home, especially if you are a fan of HP.
- The functions for the HP Officejet 5255 are to print, copy, scan, and fax
- Has an 802.11 n wireless connectivity
- Input tray capacity of 100 sheets
- Comes in two speeds, 10ppm black, and 7ppm color
- Has a 2.2 mono touchscreen
- One year limited warranty
3. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
- Upgrade your office – Replacing the OfficeJet Pro 8710, this...
- Organize documents 50% faster – Eliminate steps in repetitive...
- Genuine HP 962 ink delivered to your home: get your first 2...
- Print remotely using HP Smart app: Access your printer and...
- Self-healing Wi-fi: Ensures you stay connected by detecting...
The Pro 9015 is a wireless commercial printer with all the functionality and features you'll need to print high-quality Vinyl Stickers. The best aspect about this printer is that it's easy to set up and start printing whatever you want with only a few basic instructions. It can print 22 pages per minute and is an excellent alternative for the Pro 8710 printer.
If you run out of ink, you may get it online and have it delivered right to your door. To make changes to the printer settings, you must first download the HP Smart App. You may now use your printer, scanner, and monitor ink levels, among other things. While using the HP smart app, you can print from anywhere.
You can access your printer and scanner, monitor ink levels, and print, copy and scan on the move. Features an environmentally friendly design. This multifunction vinyl sticker printer has a green design that contains up to 10% recycled plastic.
- It can print 22 pages per minute
- Syncs with QuickBooks, Google Drive, and other programs
- Has Smart Tasks, which allows you to scan documents and save them to iCloud or Box
- The printer offers enhanced security features such as Wi-Fi security, document protection, password protection for sensitive documents
- It can connect to your smartphone
- Has an automatic 2-sided copy and scan,
- It has a 35-page automated document feeder and is 37 percent smaller.
4. Epson EcoTank ET-2750
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a...
- Cartridge-free printing — Comes with upto 2 years of ink in the...
- Includes enough ink to print upto 6,500 pages black/5,200 color...
- Save upto 80 percent on ink with low-cost replacement bottles (4)...
- Easy wireless — Easily print from iPad, iPhone, Android tablets...
The Epson EcoTank ET-2750 is a printer, scanner, and copier that is connected through Ethernet and Wi-Fi. When used with Genuine Epson ink, this printer produces high-quality prints, whether you're printing text documents, pictures, images, or artwork on vinyl sticker sheets.
It is the best printer for vinyl that comes with enough ink to print up to 6500 black-and-white sheets of paper or 5200 color pages. It is advantageous because you won't need to order ink for at least the next few years. There is enough ink in the printer to fill 30 cartridges.
The Epson EcoTank ET-2750 can print straight from any smartphone or computer without the use of any wires. It also has automated double-sided printing, which saves 50% of your paper supply and saves you money.
Furthermore, this Epson printer boasts a 5760 x 1440 DPI, which is outstanding for such a small and inexpensive printer.
- This printer, scanner, and copier is a multifunctional gadget
- There's enough ink for 6,500 black-and-white pages or 5,200 color pages
- Free ink worth 30 cartridges is included
- Smartphones, PCs, and tablets have direct Wi-Fi access
- Printing on both sides automatically
- 5760 x 1440 dots per inch saves 50% of paper (DPI)
- With a Wi-Fi connection, you may print directly.
- This printer optimizes a 5760 x 1440 DPI
- Cartridge-free printing OS – Windows and Mac Pros Auto duplex Wi-Fi Direct Printing
5. HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan,...
- Easily print when and where you need to from your smartphone,...
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 2 months free when you...
- Built for business; produce fast professional-quality color for...
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 is ideal for the home office or small...
This vinyl sticker printer is a smart gadget that can be voice-controlled when used with an Alexa device. This versatile printer can be used as a scanner, copier, fax machine, and printer, among other things.
You may use this printer to print anything on vinyl stickers by connecting it to an Alexa device or connecting it to your smartphone, tablet, notebook, laptop, or PC. The HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 has an automated document feeder and automatic two-sided duplex printing. It is a multipurpose printer that can print, scan, copy, and send faxes.
This printer also has a small 2.65" color touchscreen used to operate the printer and a 225-sheet input tray. Because it's an inkjet printer, it can print professional-level quality photos and images for half the price of laser printers. As a result, it is more cost-effective and efficient to use at home or in a small business.
- multifunctional printer with a copier, scanner, and fax machine
- Ethernet connection and wireless printing
- Alexa devices are supported
- Duplex printing on both sides automatically
- 2.65" color touch screen automatic document feeder
- 50% less expensive; saves ink and electricity
- Almost all paper sizes and types are supported
- It comes with an input tray that can accommodate up to 225 sheets
Buying Guide For Printers For Vinyl Stickers
1. Type Of Finishing
There are two types of finishing, glossy finishing and matte finishing. The matte finish is the most popular type of finishing, which is not shiny or dazzling when placed in sunlight. Matte finishes are textured, tend to last longer than other finishing types, and are resistant to fingerprints. They are ideal for outdoor environments like decals, billboards, and bumper stickers because they look natural.
On the other hand, shiny vinyl printing stickers with a glossy finish have a shiny polished look and are mostly made of vibrant colors. They are recommended for indoor banners because they are less durable.
2. The Print Format And Quality
It is important to consider the print format and quality before purchasing any sticker printers. It helps you check if your choice of vinyl sticker machine can handle your document printing dimensions. For large print services, it is ideal to choose a wide-format inkjet printer, while for smaller than regular sizes, you should go with a desktop version.
The quality of the prints should be high, and therefore you should choose a printer that assures you quality, which is the print resolution. For a more specific outcome of quality prints, choose a high print volume while ensuring that the print volume is relative to media sizes.
3. Paper Handling
It is important so that you don't buy a machine that will not be able to handle vinyl stickers. There are two types of stickers materials: the vinyl stickers material and the paper sticker sheet. The significant difference between the two is that the paper sticker sheets are not weather resistant and are cheaper. On the contrary, vinyl sticker sheets are weather-resistant and can withstand any harsh weather conditions. They are suitable for outdoor use but are pretty expensive. Choose a printer that can be able to handle vinyl stickers.
4. Printing Clear Or White Stickers
It is a personal preference. The best printer for stickers is one that perfectly complements your needs. Clear stickers work well as vinyl decals and blend well with glass materials, windows, and containers. However, it is impossible to use an ordinary printing tool to print on a transparent material because everything will turn out blank. To avoid this problem, ensure you purchase a special printer or add an opaque surface to the vinyl stickers.
What Is The Best Vinyl Sticker Laminating Material?
Laminating sheets for sticker paper are essential for generating great stickers that are long-lasting and professional-looking for yourself or your company. It is an optional step, but it's a good idea for extending the life of your stickers, and it's a must if they'll be used outside. When looking for the best laminating sheets for your custom vinyl stickers, make sure they aren't thermal laminating sheets, just plain sheets with adhesive on one side. Here are our best picks.
1. Clear Laminate Roll Self-Adhesive
- Self-laminating adhesive vinyl adds gloss and superior...
- Stronger than Oraguard laminating film, Avery laminate, Grafix,...
- Durable and flexible clear permanent vinyl laminate film offers...
- Crystal clear, smooth, glossy finish. 3 mil strong, transparent,...
- Engineered for indoor and outdoor uses including crafts,...
These are rolls of transparent vinyl laminating rolls that you can cut into any shape or size. These vinyl laminating rolls provide a clear and glossy protective layer to all sorts of paper, including sticker paper. They are ideal for creating signs, covering books, creating dry-erase boards, covering graphic works, layering printable vinyl, protecting crafts and paperback books, and more.
They are more durable than standard laminating sheets. All of the laminates are smudge-resistant, tear-resistant, and easy to keep for a long time. In addition, these laminating rolls do not require the use of a laminating machine.
2. VViViD Clear Self-Adhesive Lamination Vinyl
- Add a high gloss finish with excellent transparency, ART-SAFE...
- 3-mil thick film is waterproof, scratch proof and UV resistant...
- Self-adhesive film requires no heat or special equipment for easy...
- Perfectly suited for use in any die-cutter or vinyl plotting...
It is another 12-inch-wide, 15-foot-long roll of high-quality self-adhesive laminating paper. The transparent paper will give your creations a high-gloss, professional finish while protecting them from water and scratches and making them UV resistant.
The laminating paper is 3-mil thick and can be used for up to 5 years. These self-adhesive films don't require any heat or special equipment to install. You may easily cut these laminating papers into shape with any die-cutting machine, vinyl plotting machine, or even with a rotary cutter or scissors. These laminate papers are ideal for securing artwork, photos, vital documents, graphics, instructional printables, greeting cards, recipe cards, and menu cards.
3. Royal Elements Waterproof Clear Vinyl Laminating Sheets
- 💦 EXTREMELY DURABLE WATERPROOF PRINTABLE VINYL MATERIAL -...
- 🛡️ SCRATCH AND TEAR RESISTANT - clear printable vinyl...
- 🖨️ PRINTED INK DRYS WITHIN 5 MINUTES - Ink seeps deeply into...
- ⌛ TIME TESTED - Can withstand months of direct sunlight and...
- 📦 COMES SECURELY PACKED In a protective cardboard sleeve (20...
Each Royal Elements Store laminating paper set has 20 sheets measuring 9" x 12". They're one-sided, waterproof laminating sheets used for various applications, not simply sticker paper. Each sheet is composed of crystal clear PVC and is 4.0 mil thick.
These sheets are a little thicker than ordinary laminating paper, but they will keep the ink on your stickers from spreading. The sheets also retain their brilliance while maintaining their appearance and color. The sheets also protect your paper from scratches and make it dishwasher safe.
These laminating sheets don't require a laminator machine. Simply peel them off their backing paper and attach them to your sticker paper to make them more durable. This bundle is ideal if you use laminating sheets occasionally and don't require a laminator machine.
What Are The Best Vinyl Sticker Maker Machines?
It takes three steps to make your own vinyl decals. Using software to create or import the designs. Using an appropriate machine to cut them. The cuts are weeded and transferred to their eventual destination. Alternatively, you can just peel them for application.
While a cutting machine is not required to manufacture great stickers, it will save you time and make your life easier. Here are the best sticker cutters, whether you're seeking a professional sticker-making machine for commercial purposes or simply want to have much fun crafting at home.
1. Cricut Explore Air 2
- ART AND CRAFT CUTTING MADE SIMPLE, EVEN FOR BEGINNERS - Designed...
- CUTS 100+ MATERIALS WITH EASE – The included Premium Fine-Point...
- APP BASED CRAFTING TOOL WITH WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY -...
- KEEP YOUR SPACE NEAT AND ORGANIZED - Machine comes with built-in...
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES - Compatible with 6 tools for cutting,...
The Explore 2 is a fantastic cutter on significantly more demanding materials than the sticker sheets. Paper, cardstock, vinyl, iron-on, poster board, and cloth are among the materials it can handle. The supported cut sizes are 0.25 to 11.5 inches broad by 23.5 inches tall. The Cricut Explore Air 2 has Bluetooth built-in for wireless cutting, which is a huge plus. While it's a larger cutting machine, it may be stored in a separate room without being connected by wires.
2. Silhouette Cameo 4
- BONUS MATERIAL ONLY ON AMAZON: copy of the Silhouette Handbook...
- The Silhouette Cameo 4 is the evolution in desktop...
- The Cameo unique dual carriage allows for tool Type detection....
- The Cameo 4 carriage 2 boasts additional cutting force! With the...
- The autoblade has been reconfigured especially for the Cameo 4....
The Silhouette Cameo 4 is among the popular vinyl cutting machines on the market. It is a full-featured craft cutter that can do more than simply dice up stickers. The Silhouette Cameo 4 works with vinyl, paper, cardstock, and fabric, among other things.
If you require a lot of stickers cut, the new Silhouette Cameo 4 handles materials measuring 12'' wide and 10 feet long, which is great news. It also includes the Silhouette Studio design program, which makes designing, importing, and cutting full sheets of stickers a breeze.
3. Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- This die-cutting and embossing machine is the perfect tool for a...
- Die-cuts and embosses many different materials up to 6" (15.24...
- The Big Shot Machine measures approximately 40 x 29 x 24 cm (14...
- 1 Big Shot Machine, 1 Extended Multipurpose Platform and 1 Pair...
The Sizzix Big Shot is a fun little die-cutting machine popular with crafty families and youngsters. It'sIt's great for making cards, invitations, scrapbook pages, home décor, fashion, altered art, quilting, and stickers. The Big Shot can cut materials up to 6′′ x 11′′ in size. It is simple to operate and provides a true ''hands-on'' cutting experience.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. What Kind Of Printer Is Used For Vinyl Stickers?
It depends on the design of your sticker, but a 4 color inkjet printer with a dpi print resolution of 1200 can work quite well. Also, you should look for a printer with more than 6 cartridges if your sticker design needs vibrant color ranges with more tonal variation.
Your print color accuracy depends on the process you use for your printing. Before purchasing any printer, make sure your paper is compatible with your printer.
2. What Printer Is Best For Vinyl Stickers?
According to our review, the best printer for vinyl stickers depends on your primary requirement. According to our review, the best budget printer is the Canon Pixma T6220 that has low operating costs and would be an excellent start for a small business. In addition, it has wireless connectivity, and you can easily print a variety of sticker sizes and types from your smartphone or tablet.
Pixma Pro 100 is another printer from the same brand with more advanced features and is more expensive. With features such as the 8 dye-based ink cartridges, which offer an expanded color, they give your stickers a range of colors with very great detail.
3. Can You Print Vinyl Stickers With A Standard Printer?
It is recommended you use only an inkjet printer to print vinyl stickers because inkjet printers for vinyl use inks while a laser printer uses toners. The vinyl stickers are designed to be used with inkjet printers, but laser printers, according to some users, get the work done just the same, but you shouldn't use a LaserJet printer.
The standard Vinyl used in an inkjet printer cannot be used in a LaserJet printer. After all, they produce very high temperatures and can result in the breaking of your laser printer. However, the best printer for stickers is the wide-format inkjet printer for hobbyists or professional signmakers.