Adding a slipcover is a great way to give your sofa a second chance and make it look new again. Moreover, the best slipcovers for sofas come in handy for pet owners to offer additional protection and enhance durability.
While some brands have replacements for specific slipcovered sofas, other brands sell universal slipcovers that can fit any piece of furniture, including recliners, dining chairs, and other chairs. Moreover, most of these covers are typically machine washable making them easy to maintain.
However, before buying a slipcover for your furniture, it is important to measure the furniture to ensure the material will properly fit. Below are the five best slipcovers for sofas, couches, and recliners, their pros and cons, as well as the factors you need to consider before buying the best slipcover.
5 Best Slipcovers for Sofas
1. Easy-Going Stretch Sofa Slipcover One-Piece Couch Cover
- SUPERIOR FABRIC: 15% spandex+85% polyester,high quality stretchy...
- DIMENSIONS:Sofa slipcover ：Fit Total sitting area is 60-81 in....
- FURNITURE PROTECTOR: Protect your sofa from daily wear and...
- EASY TO INSTALL: Check the installation guide carefully, it can...
- EASY CARE & WARRANTY: Machine washable, wash at temperature...
The Easy-Going Sofa Slipcover One-Piece Sofa Cover is not only a budget-friendly option, but it is only high quality and attractive. It comes with a stretchy design to accommodate different sizes of sofas; however, there are three sizes available.
Extra extra large sizes will fit sofas that are 82 inches to 108 inches, extra-large size will fit sofas from 78 inches and 101 inches wide, and large sizes will fit sofas from 60 inches to 81 inches wide. The slipcover is made of polyester and spandex fabric that blends in to provide soft and comfortable seating.
It is also easy to use such that one person can cover the sofa in less than ten minutes. Moreover, the fabric is machine washable using cold water and a mild detergent. This sofa cover also comes with an impressive spectrum of 32 colors to match different decor or style preferences.
2. H.VERSAILTEX Modern Velvet Plush 4 Piece High Stretch Sofa Slipcover
- GREAT FIT: This innovated 4 Piece sofa couch cover is crafted...
- FULL PROTECT: These fantastic velvet slipcovers are unique and...
- NON SLIP: Super stretchy feature make the slipcovers are suitable...
- AESTHETIC DECOR: H.VERSAILTEX slipcovers are as close to custom...
- EASY CARE: Machine washable for easy care and maintenance, keep...
The H.VERSAILTEX Modern Velvet Plush 4 Piece Slipcover is a four-piece tightly woven slipcover that is made to fit the three-cushion sofa. It comes in two sizes where the extra-large size will fit a chair from 96 inches to 116 inches wide, while the large option fits a chair from 72 inches to 96 inches.
It is a perfect option for both leather sofas. The slipcover is made from a smooth and soft velvet material that provides comfortable seating while still offering protection to prevent wear and tear to the sofa.
Furthermore, the fabric is very flexible and can stretch to cover different sofa sizes. The bottom edges of the slipcover have elastic straps to ensure the cover stays in place and doesn't slide around. It is also machine washable and comes in eleven attractive color options.
3. Nothern Brothers Loveseat Slipcover 3 Piece Stretch Couch Cover
- LOVESEAT COVERS: Stretchy and durable loveseat covers for 2...
- PERFECT FIT: 3 piece lighter khaki color couch covers for 2...
- CHIC DESIGN: The modern furniture covers for sofa and loveseat...
- STAY IN PLACE : This distinctive non slip love seat couch slip...
- EFFORTLESS CARE: The loveseat couch covers can be machine washed...
Nothern Brothers Loveseat Slipcover 3 Piece Stretch Couch Cover is another stylish and affordable way to revive your old seat. This slipcover is designed to fit the best small chairs that are between 57 inches to 74 inches wide and comes with pretty colors to ensure you can find one that matches your needs.
It features a three-piece design that has individual covers for two seats or back cushions. Moreover, it comes with a larger cover for your loveseat's frame. It is made from a soft and comfortable textured fabric that has an elastic string on the edges to provide a snug fit.
Additionally, the spandex material is machine washable in cold water in case it gets dirty or stained. The cover is also easy to install since you only need a few minutes to tuck in the fabric and adjust it to fit your seat perfectly.
4. PureFit Stretch Sofa Slipcover – Spandex Jacquard Non-Slip Soft Couch Sofa Cover
- STRETCHY FORM FIT FABRIC: Crafted from genuine polyester spandex...
- TRANSFORM YOUR OLD SOFA OR PROTECT YOUR NEW ONE: PureFit sofa...
- THE SOFA COVER THAT STAYS IN PLACE: Featuring non skid elastic...
- EASY TO INSTALL/PUT ON: You'll be done in no time! Just slip it...
- EASY CARE & 6 MONTH RETURN WINDOW: Machine Washable Slipcover,...
If you're looking for a slipcover that will completely not slip off, consider getting the PureFit Sofa Slipcover. This stretch cover is made of a polyester-spandex jacquard fabric with small and attractive checks for an outstanding look.
It can be able to stretch over most three-seat sofas between 66 inches and 90 inches wide. The slipcover has Purefit's innovative non-slip foam anchors that help it stay in place. Moreover, this sofa cover can easily be put on as it easily slips over the couch and gets tucked in with no complicated folding.
The PureFit Sofa Slipcover will not only protect your furniture from damage but will also help transform your old worn-out couch into a stunning couch. It is a machine-washable slipcover, although it should be washed with temperatures below 30 degrees celsius, with no bleach.
5. Sure Fit Stretch Metro Box Cushion Sofa Slipcover
- SLIPCOVER: Clean lines and an understated two-tone grid pattern...
- SIZE: Fits most Sofas 74"-96" when measured across furniture...
- MATERIAL: 95% Polyester, 5% Spandex
- SPECIAL FEATURE: Two-piece includes slipcover with one zippered...
- EASY MAINTENANCE: Machine wash separately in cold water on gentle...
The Sure Fit Stretch Metro Box Cushion Sofa Slipcover is a great option if your chair doesn't have individual cushions. This is because it comes with just two pieces, one for the seat cushions and the other one for the frame of the couch.
Its frame one measures 89 inches long, making it a perfect choice for a chair measuring 74 to 96 inches. On the other hand, the seat cover is best suited for cushions that are 26 inches. Moreover, the slipcover is made of a polyester-spandex blend that is soft and comfortable.
It comes in three plain colors to match the decor of your living room. It also has elastic corners to provide a tight fit on the couch and ensure it won't slide off. In addition, the slipcover can be machine washed and dried, making it easy to use and maintain.
Why Do You Need a Sofa Cover?
There are many benefits or advantages that come with owning and using slipcovers for a chair and other furniture pieces. Here are some reasons why you need a sofa cover;
- To protect the furniture from damage. Slipcovers shield the furniture, damage from children, pets, or any other possible damage. Most of these slipcovers are waterproof to provide an additional layer of protection against spills and stains.
- To change the decorations in a room without having to purchase new furniture. Slipcovers come in a variety of patterns, textures, and colors that enable you to choose one that coordinates with your space.
- Easy to use and maintain since most of them are removable and machine-washable.
What Do You Consider Before Buying the Best Sofa Slipcover?
There are several things that play a big role in the decision of the slipcover you should buy. They include;
The slipcovers come in different materials, including;
- Polyester- They are not very soft as cotton and may have a slightly rough feel. However, they are quite durable, easy to clean, and a good option for pet owners and families with children.
- Cotton- They are lightweight, durable, and are a great choice for informal places. Although they are machine washable, they tend to wrinkle a bit more than other materials.
- Velvet- It is very soft in texture, and since it has a flat pile, no dirt or pet hairs will become trapped in the sofa covers. It is also quite durable and can be cleaned in the washing machine.
- Microfiber- It is quite soft, stain-resistant, and has a raised feel making it a great option for families with pets or younger children. It is also machine washable.
- Linen- It is more cooling but wrinkles easily compared to other fabrics. It is a great option for casual spaces and can be washed using a washing machine, although some may need to be hand-washed.
- Chenille-It is quite soft with a raised pattern that is visually appealing and also visually appealing. It is also quite durable but not the easiest to clean since it shrinks more easily.
The best sofa covers will come in different sizes to match the different sofa sizes. Here are some measuring guidelines that will help you ensure that you have a proper fit for your sofa;
- Sofa length-Measure the sofa from one arm to the outside end of the other arm.
- Sofa width- Measure from the front corner of one arm to the back corner of the arm.
- Seat length- Measure the width of the cushions, which is the area between the arms.
- Cushion Height- Measure the height from the floor to the top of the seat cushions.
- Full Height- Measure the distance from the floor to the highest point of the sofa.
If you're planning to restyle the room, the design and color should be some of the most important considerations. So, you want to get couch covers that will match your space and other furniture. A couch slipcover may come as either one-piece or multiple pieces covers.
One-piece covers are easier to install and remove because of their more streamlined look, while multipiece will require more time to install but are more fitted to specific furniture. While most slipcovers will cover the entire furniture, there are others that won't.
For the durability of the slipcover, it is important to check the weaving. Some slipcovers will have a looser weave while others a higher weave. Tighter weaves tend to be more durable because when the threads are held tightly and closely together, they are less likely to rip off.
Tighter weaves will also hold up quite well when being washed, and this is why they are preferred with pets/children. On the other hand, a slipcover with a looser weave can be preferred because it is less structured, meaning it can sit nicely on a sofa or couch.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Slipcovers
1. How do I choose a couch slipcover?
To get the perfect couch slipcover, you need to consider a number of factors, including the size of the couch, type of seat, comfortability, and the style or colors of the slipcover. Ideally, the most important thing to consider is the size because buying a slipcover that won't fit is useless.
2. Are sofa slipcovers any good?
Slipcovers are definitely because they are a great sofa protector and also a perfect way to change the look of your living room. You can buy themed sets of slipcovers for your living room and swap them every time you want to change the look of your living room.
3. How long do slipcovers last?
The length of time the slipcovers will last vary depending on the materials' quality and construction used to make the cover. Additionally, how well you take care of it also matters because the slip cover can last up to ten years with proper care and maintenance. It is recommended to wash after three months t extend the life of the couch covers.
4. What is the best fabric to use for slipcovers?
There are a number of fabrics that are best suited for slipcovers, including cotton, polyester, microfiber, leather, velvet, linen, etc. The choice of the fabric is entirely dependent on personal preference because all the fabrics will work best for different needs, depending on what you're looking to get.