Hypothetically, you just got yourself that sleek brand-new Samsung TV, with the latest QLED 4K/8K UHD, super-slim design, and crystal clear images; ain't she a beauty! But, there's only one little thing missing for full the experience, and you're probably asking yourself, what is the best soundbar for Samsung Tv?
The quality of a clear and articulate picture might not seem to match the sound. Overall, this makes the experience less immersive and less enjoyable, especially when trying to play a game on game mode.
Samsung TVs are a market leader in the industry; however, the built-in speakers of any of the models are no match in the listening experience a soundbar can give. So for the perfect pairing, here's a comprehensive list of the best soundbars for Samsung TVs currently in the market.
What Does A Soundbar Have To Offer?
A soundbar is an all-in-one speaker and sound system that delivers a high-quality TV sound without needing the space or has the complexity and expenses that come with a home theater receiver or a surround sound speaker setup. Soundbars are relatively more affordable, stylish, provide great sound, are easy to use and set up, and are intuitively compatible with the latest technology.
Soundbars are rippling through the entertainment industry in waves, with all of the top tech brands putting their best foot forward to create high-quality soundbars. In terms of compatibility, all soundbars use a completely standard connection technology; however, some of the best soundbars for Samsung TVs come with specific additional features that are especially suited for Samsung TVs.
This guide looks at the best soundbars for Samsung TVs across different budgets and sizes that will be the perfect audio match for your visual spectacle. Some can be paired with Samsung TVs as small as 32 inches, while others are built explicitly for large screens, 55 inches and above. Here's a breakdown of each model.
What is the best soundbar for samsung tv?
1. Samsung HW-Q950A 11.1.4 Channel Dolby Atmos Soundbar With Subwoofer
If you want the ultimate home cinema system and indulgent listening experience for your Samsung, the Samsung HW-Q950A 11.1.4 soundbar is for you. Not only is it considered the best Samsung soundbar because of its features, but it's also compact and easy to set up. This Samsung soundbar comes as a 4-box system that includes; the main soundbar that sits right in front of the TV, a wireless subwoofer, and two small speakers that go behind you, one to the left and the other to the right.
They deliver 11.1.4 channels of balanced sound. That means 11 surround sound modes that surround you to give directional sound, 1 for the wireless subwoofer, and 4 height channels to add sound above you. In addition, the angled speaker drivers in the front soundbar and rear unit echo and fill the room with sound, creating that 'dome' sound that the great Dolby Atmos is popularly known for.
The setup is phenomenally powerful, detailed, and dynamic. Its sound effects are well-positioned vertically and horizontally while the impact sounds hit hard, without sounding unnatural. It doesn't only sound good; it also comes with valuable features that include 2 HDMI inputs and 1 output to connect to the TV. It also comes with Dolby Atmos and the DTS:X, meaning that whatever you plug into it will deliver next-gen audio formats directly, therefore, bypassing the fact that Samsung TVs don't usually support Atmos.
Besides watching TV shows, you can stream music over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity where all the boxes connect wirelessly. It also supports Samsung's Q Symphony feature, so if you plug it into a compatible set from 2020 or later, the soundbar combines its 22 speakers to the drivers around the edge of your TV to add even more immersion and presence.
2. SAMSUNG HW-Q950T 9.1.4ch Soundbar With Dolby Atmos/ DTS:X And Alexa Built-In (2020)
- 3D TRUE SURROUND SOUND (DOLBY ATMOS AND DTS: X): Explore the...
- TRUE 9.1.4CH SOUND: Through the 20 speaker system, the soundbar's...
- UP-FIRING REAR SPEAKERS INCLUDED: With wireless up-firing, rear...
- Q-SYMPHONY: Breakthrough technology that synchronizes Samsung...
- ALEXA BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANT: Your soundbar comes with Alexa...
The HW-Q950T is a home theater soundbar system with a 9.1.4 channel system that includes 9 channels on the soundbar, 1 on the subwoofer, and 4 other channels to fill the room with high-quality sound. Also present are the Dolby Atmos and DTS:X to bring you true 3D surround sound.
The soundbar HW Samsung Q950T also carries the famed Q-Symphony, a technology that seamlessly synchronizes the soundbar to your Samsung QLED TV. Lastly, the Samsung HW-Q950T is also compatible with Alexa and Adaptive Sound.
3. Sony HT-G700: 3.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar
- 3.1ch Dolby Atmos DTS: X and Vertical Surround Engine
- Immersive AE (Audio Enhancer) upscale audio closes to 7.1.2 each...
- Wireless subwoofer delivers powerful bass sound
- Sound modes to customize listening to movies and music
- Multiple easy connections so you can enjoy all your media
This soundbar gives you an excellent cinematic experience made for more compact Samsung TVs. Generally, its size makes it most ideal for TVs that range from 43 inches and above. However, even with its decent size and the fact that it technically offers 3.1 channels, it shouldn't fool you because it creates an impressively strong sound width that does a remarkable job that not even regular surround speakers can.
And although it doesn't have true height channels to make the audio seem like it's coming from above, it still has a lot of verticality and plenty of extra dimensions. Its wireless subwoofer also connects to your TV using opticals or an HDMI cable. Using the HDMI input with a 4K HDR pass-through, the Sony HT-G700 can get around the Dolby Atmos limitation in Samsung TVs.
On the downside, the HDMI pass-through doesn't support HDR10+, so anything connected will always fall back to the regular HDR10. But, overall, this soundbar works like a dream, all at an affordable price.
4. SAMSUNG HW-Q70T 3.1.2ch Soundbar
- DOLBY ATMOS AND DTS: X: Capture every sound above and around you...
- Q-SYMPHONY: Syncs your Q-Series Soundbar speakers with your...
- TRUE 3.1.2 SOUND: With 3 channels, 1 subwoofer channel, and 2...
- MUSIC COMES ALIVE WITH YOUR VOICE - Enjoy your Soundbar...
- SAMSUNG ACOUSTIC BEAM - Acoustic Beam technology delivers sound...
The Samsung HW-Q70T is another affordable model that's equipped with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. In addition, its soundbar subwoofer combo seamlessly connects to your QLED Samsung TV for a meaningful experience.
It has 3.1.2 channels with both left and right channels and a dedicated center focusing on speech. This works great with its subwoofer and 2 up-firing channels. Additionally, it features the Samsung Acoustic Beam and Adaptive sound technologies that optimize the audio delivery.
5. Sonos Beam - Smart TV Soundbar With Alexa Built-In
- Beam - The smart, compact soundbar for TV, music, and more.
- High definition sound - Experience rich, detailed sound for your...
- TV, music and more - Play music, TV, movies, podcasts, radio,...
- Easy control - Control Beam with your voice, remote, the Sonos...
- Class 10 for Full HD video recording and playback (Full HD...
The Sonos Beam smart TV soundbar might not be the first product you'd think of for a Samsung TV, but it also comes with features that make it the most popular soundbar you can get for a Samsung TV. It comes with great sound quality and a compact design that you can easily play around with when it comes to placement.
Aside from movies, you can conveniently use the Sonos Beam to play music, podcasts, or play video games. Thanks to the HDMI ARC, it also comes with a simple soundbar setup. Other than voice control, using Alexa, the Sonos Beam smart soundbar includes a remote control and a Sono app to let you control the sound right from your phone.
6. Sony HTX8500 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Soundbar with Built-in subwoofer
- 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS X with Vertical Sound Engine
- Dual built-in subwoofers for deep bass
- All sound upscaled close to 7.1.2ch audio
- Seven different sound modes to enhance your entertainment...
- Voice enhancement for greater clarity
It is an ideal Samsung TV soundbar despite lacking up-firing speakers. The Sony HTX8500 provides the thrill of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X to produce immersive sound when watching movies, streaming music or playing games. This soundbar has seven entertainment modes to fulfill your needs, including news, standard, game, and sports mode.
The compact soundbar has two inbuilt subwoofers that produce great bass, while in construction, it is upscaled close to 7.1.2 ch for converting stereo audio to cinematic surround. While it works with most Samsung TVs, the soundbar can isolate background noises so you can follow the speech better. It is your best soundbar for Samsung TV when you want to enjoy 4K movies; it is also HDR10 and Hybrid Log-Gamma compatible.
This 890 x 64 x 96 mm sound system is slim and unobtrusive, so it sits nicely in front of you. In addition, it also complements your house theme with its physical appearance; it features a punched metal speaker grille plus sub-woofer ducts on two sides. In terms of connectivity, this soundbar comes with an HDMI input and HDMI-ARC output, analog audio output and input, Wi-Fi support, Bluetooth, Ethernet, and optical audio input.
The affordable unit also comes with remote control with batteries, an HDMI cable, an AC Adaptor, and an AC cord. It is easy to set up since the package also contains a detailed guide.
7. YAMAHA SR-C20A Compact Sound Bar
- Built-in subwoofer and passive radiators for surprising bass
- Clear Voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
- Bluetooth streaming for your music and podcasts
- Simple setup with HDMI, optical or aux connections
- Wall-mountable with built-in keyholes
While this Yamaha sr-C20A soundbar does not pack most features you expect from high-end models, it does what a soundbar should and also does well with most Samsung TVs from 32 inches up. The soundbar measures 600x64x94mm and comes with one HDMI output, an optical line input, and Bluetooth 5.0.
While connectivity will be limited, the sound is quite immersive for a soundbar its size. It has a built-in subwoofer that, with the passive radiators, produces great bass for your entertainment. Clear Voice is another feature that isolates speech from background noises, so you get the best clarity. Furthermore, the 2.1ch soundbar has a total quoted power output of 100W; hence, it can pack a punch when you need better sound.
It is an affordable Samsung TV-compatible soundbar that is easy to set up and connect. However, it has a poor-quality remote, and limited HDMI inputs can affect its see.
8. Bang & Olufsen Beosound Stage – Dolby Atmos Soundbar
- DOLBY ATMOS SURROUND SOUND: Transforms your TV listening...
- POWERFUL SOUND: With 11 different drivers and woofers, Bang &...
- HIGHLY COMPATIBLE: Designed to work with any 3rd party TV...
- TASTEFUL DESIGN: A simple yet attractive Scandinavian inspired...
- MULTIPURPOSE SOUND: Integrated audio streaming means Bang &...
If you need a unique, stylish soundbar to pair with your Samsung TV, look no further than this Bang & Olufsen Beosound Stage. It comes in three color options and measures 1100x170x77mm in a Scandinavian-inspired design, fit for any elegant home.
With Dolby Atmos support, this speaker moves sound around your room in three-dimensional space while the 11 different drivers and woofers surround you with the best sound quality. In addition, this soundbar will work with your TV with HDMI ARC support, and the integrated audio streaming and Beosonic Tuning make it easy to achieve your best surround sound system.
9. Samsung HW-Q800A 3.1.2ch Black Soundbar with Dolby Atmos
- DOLBY ATMOS / DTS:X - Theater-quality sound that fires from the...
- TRUE 3.1.2CH SOUND - The complete audio entertainment experience...
- Q-SYMPHONY - Perfectly synchronized, fully immersive QLED TV and...
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANT - Control your soundbar and stay...
- SPACEFIT SOUND - Automatically calibrated sound and enhanced...
This Samsung soundbar is another option when you want big surround sound. It is a 3.1.2-channel soundbar that adds width, and the Dolby Audio support and wireless subwoofer pack all the features you want for the best sound quality.
The Samsung soundbar has Dolby Atmos and DTS:X and upward-firing tweeters for the best surround sound. Then, the Samsung Q Symphony feature is suitable for compatible TVs for the best cinema sound. It comes with an HDMI input plus an additional HDMI connection to your TV, so you get to connect to other Atmos devices such as Apple TV.
The optical line connection is ideal for older Samsung TV models, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support allow better music streaming. This Samsung soundbar also works with the Alexa assistant for hands-free operation. In addition, the soundbar is relatively compact and ideal for 49-inch+ TVs.
Factors To Consider For The Best Soundbar For Samsung Tv
Channel refers to the number of sound emission points that your soundbar offers. Here's how these channel numbers work; for instance, if your soundbar sound system is a 2.1 channel soundbar, it gives two channels and a subwoofer. The former number gives you the number of channels, while the latter gives you subwoofers.
Both 2.1 channel and 3.1 channel soundbars are a standard even in budget pick; however, if you want excellent surround sound for an immersive sound experience, you'll need at least 5 channels, including the rear speakers. Other than the channel, some of the best soundbars also support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X technology for a much more impressive sound quality experience.
The number of channels will vary depending on the sound quality you want, primarily if the soundbar supports Dolby Atmos and the DTS technology. However, these soundbars also may come at a higher price.
But in a nutshell, the higher the channel soundbar numbers, the more expansive the sound experience, and the higher the cost might be.
b) HDMI Ports
Always check for the number of HDMI ports since they allow you to switch between the video source components. In addition, many of the HDMI output/input connections support HDMI ARC, which allows connection to the TV. It is much easier compared to the old-school conventional system; if your Samsun TV system has an HDMI port, it's much easier to connect to other devices with similar ports.
As a general thumb of rule, the ideal soundbar for your Samsung TV or other TV brands should be narrower than your Samsung TV in size but also large enough to fill the room with bass and treble.
Why You Need the Best Soundbar for Samsung TV
While Samsung is one of the biggest TV brands in the world, we recommend using a soundbar for better sound quality. Like most TVs, a Samsung TV mostly comes with about two 20W speakers in total, which, compared to the TV video quality, does not really provide the best sound for comprehensive entertainment.
The power output is generally okay for watching the news, but when it comes to streaming music or watching movies or a gaming session, you need the best smart TV sound bar, such as those shared on this review, for better audio performance. Here are a few more reasons why a Samsung smart TV soundbar is almost mandatory for entertainment.
- A soundbar is more powerful than the built-in TV speakers. If you have tried balancing the sound on your TV, you will understand how you tend to lose audio clarity as the volume goes higher. But, using the soundbar, you can now increase volume while trusting the Samsung soundbar to alienate background noises. Thus, you will end up with the best dialogue clarity.
- Most soundbars come with a wireless subwoofer. Part of the reason your TV doesn't sound so good on its own is the lack of bass. The built-in speakers cannot produce high-quality stereo sound, including bass, so getting a soundbar for your Samsung TV is a great idea. In addition, a subwoofer is crucial for maintaining high-quality dialogue volume since it captures all the booms and explosions, leaving speeches for the smaller soundbar speakers to ensure minimal distortion.
- Another great benefit of using a soundbar is when your TV has limited ports. Soundbars come with extra HDMI inputs and outputs, so you can also add other devices, such as gaming boxes or Apple TV for the best entertainment.
- The soundbars are also easy to set up, which in itself makes purchasing one pretty appealing. You do not need a professional to set it up or need to drill holes into your walls or ceilings. You can place the soundbar in front of your TV, and it will not be obtrusive. On the other hand, connecting the sound bar to your TV is as easy as connecting their audio return channels through HDMI and turning the ARC option on your TV menu.
How to Set Up Your Best Samsung TV Soundbar
Reading this review, you will have noticed the different connectivities you need to be looking for in a soundbar. This section will detail the steps to follow in four ways you can connect your Samsung TV to your best soundbar.
a) Via HDMI cable
If you just got the best soundbar to use with your Samsung TV, you can trust that using the HDMI cable and ports guarantees the best possible sound quality. This is because the cables can maintain the best sound quality transmitting the digital audio both ways to maintain signal latency. Have your soundbar, TV, and HDMI cable at the ready? Follow these simple steps to connect.
- Turn off the TV and soundbar.
- Plug the cable into the ARC port on your TV.
- Connect the other end to the HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) on your soundbar.
- Turn on both devices.
- Set the Source to D.IN. on your soundbar.
- Play any video or audio on your TV, and the sound will be transmitted through the soundbar.
b) Via an optical cable
The other method to connect your soundbar to the TV is through an optical cable. Optical cables are excellent at transmitting digital sound to mitigate the risk of distortion, especially when you turn the volume up. Luckily, any Samsung Tv can connect through an optical cable, and most soundbars will come with a high-quality cable you can use. Done unpacking your new soundbar? Here is how you can connect through the cable.
- Turn both devices on.
- Set the soundbar to Source D.I.N.
- Connect one end of the optical cable to your TV's Digital Optical Output port.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your soundbar's Digital Audio In port.
- With your Samsung TV remote, navigate to settings and select Sound. Once there, navigate to Sound output and Select Audio Out/Optical.
- Start playing music, videos, games, or any other form of entertainment on your TV and enjoy the different sound modes your soundbar has to offer.
c) Via Bluetooth
Looking to ditch cables? Most Samsung TVs and soundbars have Bluetooth support to allow you to connect them wirelessly. This option is also ideal if you have little space, which would allow you to mount both devices on the wall. While the sound quality won't be as strong as when using an HDMI or optical cable, and you run the risk of poor connectivity while using other electrical devices, Bluetooth is the best method for clean, wireless connectivity. Here is how you can pair the soundbar to your TV for better sound quality.
- Turn both devices on.
- Using the soundbar remote, set the source to BT so it can start preparing to pair. When the setting is ready, it will indicate BT Ready.
- When the soundbar reads BT Ready, long-press the Source button on your soundbar remote so it can start pairing with nearby devices.
- On your TV, navigate to settings, then in Sound, select Sound Output.
- Select your soundbars from the Bluetooth speaker list, pair, and connect.
- Enjoy playing your favorite media through the soundbar. However, avoid using other electrical devices near the TV and soundbar to prevent signal interference.
d) Via Wi-Fi
Suppose you have too many electrical devices that make it impossible to enjoy the best pairing via Bluetooth. If your smart TV and soundbar are connected to the same Wi-Fi, you have the best alternative for wireless connectivity. Here are the steps to pair wirelessly over your home's Wi-Fi.
- Turn the soundbar and TV on. Have your smartphone at and also as you will need it for the third step.
- Head over at the back of the soundbar and press the Source button. Alternatively, you can press the same on your soundbar's remote. Either way, select Wi-Fi mode.
- On a smartphone connected to the same Wi-Fi, download a Samsung audio remote app called Samsung SmartThings.
- When installed on your phone, open the app and press the Add icon.
- Tap Device, then AV, and then choose the type of soundbar you have. If using a Samsung soundbar, you will choose between Samsung and Samsung Harman Kardon. When you do, tap Soundbar, then Start.
- The mobile phone will then start searching for the selected soundbar. In some cases, you might need to select the location or room where the soundbar is.
- In this step, you will need to head over to your TV. Use the remote control to Settings, then select Sound.
- Select Sound Output, then Wi-Fi to connect to the soundbar.
- Enjoy playing your favorite media through a reliable and reliable audio quality.
How to Use Your Soundbar’s Dolby Atmos on a Samsung TV
When buying the best soundbars for Samsung TV, you will be looking if they have the Dolby Digital surround sound technology. The Dolby Labs engineered Dolby Atmos, and it immerses you into all the action happening on your TV. Put simply; the technology brings you right into the action where you can tell where every sound of a video or audio file you are listening to comes from.
Unfortunately, not many TVs use this technology, yet it delivers the most immersive sounds. When you get your Samsung soundbars, you will need to connect the soundbar via HDMI. In addition, it will work best in soundbars manufactured after 2019 and in TV models made after 2020. Follow the following steps to set up your Samsung TV with a Dolby Atmos sound bar.
- Get your cable, TV, and soundbar ready.
- Connect one end of the cable to your soundbar's HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) port and the other to your TV's HDMI IN (ARC) port.
- Using your Samsung remote, head over to Settings, select Sound Menu, then choose Expert Settings.
- Find the HDMI e-ARC Mode and set it to Auto. Then, set the Digital Output Audio Format to Auto or Pass-Through. After that, activate the Dolby Atmos Compatibility feature.
If the soundbar does not connect, you will need to ensure the Anynet+ function is active on your TV. To activate;
- Select Setting from your TV remote.
- Tap General Menu, then head to External Device Manager.
- Navigate to Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) and turn it on.
Is a Soundbar better than Surround Speakers?
You've probably grown frustrated by your TV's inability to produce the best audio performance when watching movies, playing games, or streaming music. But, have you also wondered which is better between a soundbar and a complete speaker system? Let us explore how a soundbar is the better option for your entertainment.
a) A soundbar is easier to install
You will find a soundbar easier to install than a speaker surround system. With the speaker surround home theatre system, you will have to wire each speaker manually. It is not only tiresome and time-consuming, but you will also have so many pieces to connect to an A/V receiver then to the TV, which is also not ideal when you have limited space.
A sound bar is an all-in-one speaker system that only requires simple connectivity to start working. When you want to connect it to the TV, you can choose to use an HDMI cable, an optical cable, or wirelessly through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Its minimalistic setup and often includes the soundbar and a wireless subwoofer. Your entertainment area will look less congested with a soundbar to save space.
b) A soundbar has a better design
Even as you look for the best audio performance, you still want a room that stands the test of style, and a soundbar is the piece of equipment to match any theme. You can use the soundbar when you want a minimalistic style, but you can also choose any placement when you want it to be more exposed.
c) A soundbar is quite affordable
A speaker surround system will cost you more than double what you pay for when buying a soundbar. The reason for this is that a speaker surround system comes with many connecting parts, and apart from those, you might also need to buy a dedicated A/V receiver for the best sound quality.
d) You can update the soundbar’s firmware
When you get a soundbar, you have fewer chances of upgrading some pieces for better performance, unlike a speaker surround system. However, it is easier and less expensive to update the soundbar's firmware in a few steps at home. Doing so will help you enjoy the best audio quality. Here are the steps to follow when updating the firmware via a USB drive.
- Have a ready-to-use USB drive.
- Head over to the Samsung Support site and search for the soundbar model name. Note; this only applies to a Samsung soundbar. However, you will find the steps quite similar even when upgrading a soundbar from another brand.
- When on the site, download the upgrade file to your USB drive. You can also unzip the file for easier saving.
- Turn on your best soundbar for Samsung TV.
- Connect the USB drive into a port on your soundbar and wait for the upgrade to commence automatically. Note; you cannot turn off the soundbar during this process, you will need to use a compatible drive, and there will be no update if your soundbar is running on the latest firmware.
If you can control your soundbar via the Samsung SmartThings app, you can also update the firmware following these steps.
- Make sure your soundbar and smartphone are on the same Wi-Fi. You will have your SmarThings app on a smartphone.
- Open the app and tap the three dots to select the More feature.
- Select Information and head over to Firmware Update.
- When you tap Update Now, the firmware should start updating if there is a new update. In addition, you can also check the Auto-Update feature so the soundbar can update automatically in the future. For this, though, you will need to ensure the soundbar is connected to a working Wi-Fi always.
Frequently Asked Questions On The Best Soundbar For Samsung Tv
a) Do You Have To Use A Samsung Soundbar For A Samsung TV?
No. You can use any soundbar with the right inputs, especially the HDMI. However, in some cases, certain features are Samsung-specific on the Samsung soundbars that give a better experience with Samsung TVs. Ultimately, you'll be able to use 99% of the features regardless of whatever soundbar or TV you settle for.
b) Is It Better To Connect The Soundbar Using An HDMI Cable Or Optical?
The significant difference between the two is that HDMI cables pass higher resolution audio formats, including those found on Blu-ray like the Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master audio. On the other hand, fiber optic cables can't transmit these high-resolution sound formats. Additionally, HDMI cables can pass video signals.
c) Why Won’t My Samsung TV Connect To The Soundbar?
Here are things that you need to check to make sure that the two connect, which include:
- Check whether the control for HDMI or the BRAVIA Sync on your TV and audio device is ON
- Ensure that there is sound output from the TV when turned on, and then check the soundbar device
- Make sure that the soundbar is set to the TV input
- Change your TV sound output setting to PCM and then check whether the sound is on output