Best TV Stands to Setup the Perfect Entertainment Center
Buying one of the best tv stands for your entertainment space is more involving than finding any piece of furniture. It would be helpful if you thought about the home's general aesthetic and whether your purchase will complement or disorient the current decor. Also, you need to find the best fit for your TV and room in terms of size, height and viewing distance.
If you want to make a purchase that you will not regret, check out the options below and find out the essentials of buying a reliable TV stand.
5 Best TV Stands
1. PERLESMITH Swivel Universal TV Stand
- COMPATIBILITY & DURABILITY DESIGN：Universal TV mounting bracket...
- SWIVELS 60° TO CUSTOMIZE WATCHING EXPERIENCE : This swivel TV...
- HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT & CABLE MANAGEMENT : Easy to adjust the height...
- SUPER SIMPLE TO INSTALL & MOVE : This table top TV stand comes...
- SAFETY FOR PETS/KIDS & 10 YEAR SERVICE : High quality steel...
Whether you have curved or flat TVs, the PERLESMITH Swivel Universal TV stand will fit most models ranging from 32 to 55 inches. This furniture features a high-quality design of an iron plate and tempered glass for the TV mount stand. So, if you have small children or energetic pets, you do not have to worry about them knocking it over.
Say goodbye to messy tangles of the wires leading to the media console and other devices! The PRELESMITH Swivel Universal TV stand comes equipped with cable management features for hiding them away neatly. Plus, you do not need to place it at the center of the room since you get 60 degrees of swivel.
2. Furinno Turn-N-Tube Petite TV Stand
- Simple stylish design: Tv stand with display shelves for all your...
- Material: composite wood
- Fits in your space, fits on your budget
- Sturdy on flat surface. Easy no tool assembly, even a kid can do...
- Hold TVs up to 25 inches.
For people with TVs smaller than 55 inches, the Furinno Turn-N-Tube Petite TV Stand is ideal. If you want furniture with storage space, the three open shelves of this model will fit your games console, media console and other devices.
The Furinno TV Stand is made from composite wood and PVC for durability and sturdiness on flat surfaces. The compact size of the piece means it can fit in the corner of the room, depending on the size of the TV.
3. PERLESMITH Universal Tabletop TV Stand
- COMPATIBILITY AND WEIGHT CAPACITY : This TV stand fits flat...
- 2 LEVEL HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE AND BALANCE DESIGN : Offers 2...
- ANTI-SLIP AND ANTI- STRETCHABLE PAD : This Smart TV sand's bottom...
- EASY INSTALLATION AND PACKAGE INCLUDES: Mounting is so easy that...
- WORLD-CLASS SERVICE: We have newly upgraded this product, so you...
If you want a TV console that can support a hefty screen and still be aesthetically pleasing, the PERLESMITH Universal Tabletop TV Stand should be at the top of your list. This stylish furniture, despite its looks, has the capacity to handle up to 110 pounds and big TVs up to 65 inches. The alloy steel construction means that it will last.
You can adjust the viewing height of this model to two levels. Plus, the design may offer more balance support for your TV than the base it came with inside the box. The TV stand legs remain securely on the ground thanks to the anti-slip pads that also prevent scratching of surfaces.
4. VIVO Universal Tabletop TV Stand
- FITS 22" to 65" TV's - Universally compatible with most 22" to...
- STEEL LEG CONSTRUCTION - The bracket legs are constructed with...
- OPTIMUM BALANCE - By design STAND-TV00Y provides a greater level...
- SUPER EASY SETUP & INSTALL - We provide easy to follow...
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED - Sturdy steel design is backed with a 3...
The VIVO Universal Tabletop TV Stand features a steel leg construction that comes with a 3-year manufacturer warranty. Hence, you get a piece that can withstand the weight of a heavy screen that may go up to 110 pounds.
This TV stand is easy to install and comes with simple instructions you can follow. Plus, the manufacturer includes the necessary components to help you assemble and mount your TV on it.
5. AM Alphamount Universal TV Stand
- 🥳 Universal TV Base: AM alphamount tabletop TV stand fits most...
- 🥳 60° Of Swivel TV Stand: The rotating TV base provides 60...
- 🥳 Avoid Wall Damage: TV Stand cannot cause some superficial...
- 🥳 Height Adjustable TV Stand: Swiveling TV base offers 7...
- 🥳 Easy To Assemble: TV mount stand can easily assemble since...
For 26 to 55 inch TVs, the AM Alphamount Universal TV Stand is an excellent addition to your home. If you are worried about this furniture causing superficial damage to your wall or furnishings, this product features non-slip pads to negate any scratching.
Use the easy-to-follow manual to assemble the TV stand with the necessary tools provided. The cable management support of the AM Alphamount keeps things neat and tidy. Plus, the modern appeal of the TV stand will complement any interior decor style of your room because of the solid steel and tempered glass construction.
Make the Following Considerations When Buying TV Stands
a) Different Styles of TV Stands
- Transitional TV stands combine modern and traditional styles to create a cultured yet modest entertainment center for your living space. Typically, these products will come in neutral tones to set up an inviting environment.
- Traditional TV stands will often be constructed from either high-grade MDF or solid wood. Their style is timeless as they feature unique legs and crown molding.
- Modern and contemporary TV stands feature glass or metal construction to produce a clean-lined look for your living space. Advanced entertainment systems like game consoles and av equipment are at home in these pieces. Also, you can get a floating TV stand with this option.
- A rustic TV stand brings character to your living room thanks to its cottage or country-inspired style consisting of lighter wood. The piece may come with shelves or closed storage spaces that emphasize its traditional or reclaimed design.
- An industrial TV stand can easily become the centerpiece of your living space as its style grabs your attention and provokes conversations. Every element in the furniture design is eye candy.
- Craftsman and Mission TV stands should be your choice if you appreciate a rich stained finish, solid oak or exposed carpentry. The style of the shelves and closed storage spaces depends on the expertise of the carpenter and the quality of the materials.
- A mid-century modern design TV stand brings a distinctive look to your living room with splayed legs, straight lines and light wood. You will often find storage spaces, sliding doors or adjustable shelving that keep your stuff or media console out of sight.
People who have a desired look for their living space to follow need to put it in mind when getting a TV console. Each TV stand features its own style elements that can add novelty, maintain the flow or disrupt your house decor. A stylish TV stand should have complementary design or color choices that do not make it stick out like a sore thumb.
Similarly, your TV stand choice should consider the materials the piece is made from. Medium-density fiberboard, particleboard, glass, wood or metal are some of the options you have.
Fixating on quality materials can help with determining the durability of the TV stand. When you often have children or pets in the house, it pays to look for quality furniture that can resist scratching or breaking.
Finally, if you have small spaces to put your TV stand on, you should consider a wall-mount version. Luckily, some of these pieces have rotating or swivel features to allow you to put your display anywhere and turn it towards your viewing area. However, you may need to give up the storage options that come with more dedicated furniture.
b) Choosing the Right Size
1. The television and TV stand width
If you determine that your preferred TV stand is a few inches wider than your television, you may be in the clear about making the right choice for your living space. You need to find the best TV console that can support your display without spilling over the sides, as this could be a safety hazard.
The size of your TV stand should complement your television width, especially the base. Some TV console manufacturers design pieces of a compact size that can still support a much wider display. Make sure to check with their recommendations before settling on your new furniture choice.
2. The TV console height
Ideally, the height of your TV stand should put your display just below your eye level when sitting in the living room. Of course, it may be difficult to be accurate with these measurements as multiple people could be using the TV regularly.
Take the average comfortable viewing height for living space and use it to find the best height for the TV stand. Ensure that the top of the piece is at least two inches below the sightline of the viewers.
3. Comfortable Viewing Distance
The resolution of your display determines how far you can sit away from it for the best tv viewing experience. Fewer pixels mean having to strain to get decent picture quality from close by.
Ideally, it would be best if you sat approximately 7, 8 and 10.5 feet away from a 1080p display that is 40, 60 and 80 inches, respectively. On the other hand, a 4k screen requires a distance of 3, 5 and 7 feet from the TV for 40, 60 and 80 inches, correspondingly.
Consequently, you need to factor in these figures when looking for a suitable TV stand for your house. Look for features that allow the furniture to either sit snug in the corner or bring the TVs closer to the sitting areas.
c) Extra TV Stand Features
- Getting a TV stand with two cabinets or more can give you individual closed storage compartments for media equipment, gaming consoles, accessories and other devices. More cabinets mean you can store more stuff and keep them out of sight to create a clean look.
- Open shelves on your TV stand give you enough room to display your media collections of games, movies, music or books. However, you need to find a piece that features adjustable shelves to give you freedom when choosing entertainment center devices. Also, ensure you consider the future when buying a TV stand as you will obviously add to your collection.
- The best TV stands include wire management features. So, you do not have to find a drill or attach brackets. Moreover, you can avoid tangles and a disorderly look in your living room.
- You can buy a TV stand with built-in lights to add a dramatic effect to your interior decor. The lighting can illuminate ornaments or create a suitable atmosphere for movie nights at your house.
- A TV stand with a built-in electric fireplace can make your house cozier. The electric fireplace will warm up the room whenever you turn it on for the ultimate convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on TV Stands
1. How high should a TV stand be for a 55 inch TV?
The right TV stand height should be approximately half the screen size. Thus, if you have a 55-inch TV, get a stand that is 27 inches tall.
2. Is it better to wall mount a TV or put it on a stand?
If you live in small spaces, it is better to get a wall mount for your TV. This will allow you to view your screen without sacrificing more space towards accommodating the base of a stand.
3. Is MDF good for a TV stand?
If you want an alternative to solid wood while getting a stable TV stand, MDF is a terrific choice. The material is also durable and can be a stylish choice for your home.