Best Full-Size Futon Mattress For Extra Sleeping Space
Appreciated for its versatility, the futon mattress is emanated from a Japanese term meaning bedding. It is different from a regular or traditional mattress since it enables you to convert it from a bed to a sofa giving you the privilege of having two pieces of furniture in one. The full-size futon mattress is the perfect option if working with a tight budget or limited space.
What is the most comfortable futon to sleep on?
Get the best futon mattress if you want to benefit from this kind of versatility. This article will help you select the best full-size futon mattress. Read on to get a better understanding of the futon mattresses.
Why Do You Need A Futon Mattress?
Futon mattresses offer simplicity and comfort. It sits on a futon frame that can fold into a bed or sofa, offering versatility. The mattresses are super functional, and you could see them for your primary bed, but they are mainly purposed to be used as sofas that can be turned into additional beds or guests. They are firmly designed to benefit people that have issues with back pain.
The extremely comfortable mattresses are qualified to provide a good sleep. The amazing part is that the mattresses are made from different materials such as polyester, cotton, or foam, enabling them to provide great support. Plus, the materials used to make the mattresses are resistant to mold making them a healthy option. Ordinarily, the futon mattress is thinner than the regular mattress, making it easier to clean and maintain.
Now that we understand why we need a futon mattress let us dive into analyzing the best full-size futon mattresses you could purchase to add sleeping space to your space.
1. DHP 8 Inch Independently Encased Coil Futon Mattress
- Independently, superbly pocketed 15-gauge pocket coils that help...
- Quality foam and polyester layering between cover and coils for...
- Fits any standard full-size futon frame (sold separately).
- Foam in this mattress is made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP...
- Mattress dimensions: 75"L x 54"W x 8"H. Net weight: 59 lbs....
The DHP 8-Inch Independently Encased Coil Futon is the first mattress that we will have a loo at. This mattress will provide the comfort you need since it is super lightweight and breathable. In addition, it has individually encased coils that will provide contour hugging support since they work independently of each other. The coils will also ensure that your weight is equally distributed.
The hybrid mattress has a layer of foam and polyester placed over the coils to enhance comfortability. In addition, it has a microfiber cover that will give you a more push feel. This futon is also a perfect option if you are looking for a firmer option. It works perfectly for full-size couch frames, but it is not flippable if you want a dual-sided futon mattress.
The best bit is that this mattress is more like the traditional innerspring mattress meaning you can be certain of its comfortability. However, you should know that it is more flexible than the traditional mattress.
2. Japanese Floor Mattress Futon Mattress-Full Size
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please Dry The Floor Mattress Under the Sun...
- Cover Material: Microfiber| Filling Material: Polyester + Memory...
- UPGRADED EXCELLENT WORKMANSHIP: The thickness of the futon...
- WAHT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE: Buy 1 futon mattress, you can get...
- WIDE VERSATILITY: It can be used as Bedroom Futon/Living Room...
Another great option is this Japanese Floor Mattress. This mattress is designed a polyester, memory foam and microfiber, which will ensure that you have the comfort and support you are looking for. It has a thickness of 17 cm before quilting; the top to bottom layers is around 6 cm thick and are made using polyester, then the middle layer is made using high-quality foam with a thickness of around 5 cm. The foam layer is upgraded to ensure that you have enough support and that the mattress does not collapse easily.
This Japanese-style futon mattress offers wide versatility since it can be used as a sleeping mat, floor mattress, Japanese bed mat, kids playmat, or floor pillow bed. The amazing bit is that it is highly portable and you can carry it in your car whenever you are traveling. However, it is important to note that you should dry it under the sun when you first purchase the mattress to recover its thickness.
3. Classic Brands Classic 8-Inch Futon Mattress
- 54" W x 75" L x 8" H
- Individually wrapped coil innerspring system ensures durability...
- Sturdy microfiber polyester cover with quality foam layering...
- Folds easily and bounces back to original shape when flat, easy...
- Easy to keep clean, wipe with damp cloth
Another high-quality futon mattress that will work with your full-size sofa frame is the Classic Brands Classic 8-Inch Futon Mattress. This mattress has individually encased coil springs that are covered with a suds layer, ensuring that you have maximum comfort. The wrapped coils will also provide durability since it makes the mattress o resist wear and tear.
Ideally is designed to function as a settee, but it can be unfolded into a flat shape to create a bed. The Classic comes in two colors; brown and black. The best part s that the mattress cover is made using microfiber, which deals soft and is super easy to clean. Again the mattress weighs around 60 pounds, which is lightweight and portable. You can also easily store this mattress underneath a gues bed frame if need be.
4. Mozaic Full Size 8-Inch Cotton Twill Gel Dual Memory Foam Futon Mattress
- REVERSIBLE GEL MEMORY FOAM – mattress is dual sided and made...
- STANDARD FULL SIZE – fits any standard Full futon frame, sold...
- COTTON TWILL COVER – Futon mattress is covered with cotton...
- DURABLE – Futon mattress is reversible and made to be used in a...
- MADE IN THE USA – handmade mattress is proudly made in the US...
Mozaic Full Size 8-Inch Cotton Twill Gel Dual Futon Mattress is the perfect option if you still want the support and comfort of your regular mattress but without innerspring. It is designed to provide comfort and support and can be used long-term. In addition, the mattress is super versatile, and it easily converts from a settee to a bed.
This gel dual memory suds futon mattress will be a perfect choice if you want a mattress with great thickness. The great bit about this mattress is that it is returnable within 30 days, which means you will have the chance to test if you like it, which is one of the top deals you can get.
5. Milliard Futon Mattress – Full Size
- Ultimate Comfort – unlike other futon mattresses made from hard...
- Removable and Washable Cover – never worry about keeping your...
- Long Lasting – constructed from premium density 2.5 lbs. foam,...
- Full Size – mattress measures 71” x 52” x 6” to fit most...
- Real Service – When you purchase Milliard, you can relax...
Milliard Memory Foam Futon Mattress is another one of our top picks options that will guarantee ultimate comfort and support. Unlike most other futon mattresses made from uncomfortable springs, this one is made from two thick layers of memory foam with over 4 inches of high-density base. This way, you are assured of having soli support and contouring comfort.
With this mattress, you don't need to worry about cleanliness since it has a removable, washable cover made of bamboo material that comes with many benefits. The best part is that the mattress will give you balanced support that will last for years. The only disadvantage is that this mattress does not come with a frame, and you will need to purchase it separately.
6. FULI Japanese Traditional Shiki Futon High-Grade Floor Mattress
- Product Size: 55" x 83" x 2-1/2" Packing Size: 27-1/2" x 37-1/2"...
- The futon, Japanese traditional style bedding, is a type of...
- When it comes to futon, Japanese style futon are the most popular...
- This full XL Japanese mattress is stylish, comfortable and...
- Our full XL Japanese mattress futons are versatile, well-designed...
FULI Japanese Traditional Shiki Futon High-Grade Floor Mattress is another great option that you should check out. It is manufactured in Japan using the popular Japanese Shiki design. These mattresses weigh around 30 pounds and have mattress toppers made of 100 % cotton. The stuffing is made of three polyester layers to provide enough comfort and support.
The amazing bit is that this mattress can be used as a floor and a traditional mattress. Again it is available in different sizes, including the twin, full, king and queen sizes. Furthermore, these futon mattresses are fairly priced, and they wil fit perfectly on the frame. Finally, if you purchase this product from Amazon and don't like it for some reason, you can return it within 30 days, which on of the top deals you can get.
7. Trupedic x Mozaic - 8-inch Full-Size Futon Mattress
- [UNIVERSAL USE] - Unlike other futon mattresses, Trupedic offers...
- [UNMATCHED COMFORT LEVEL] - Trupedic's futon mattresses are next...
- [FITS MOST FRAMES] - The Trupedic futon mattress will fit most...
- [HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR FUTON MATTRESS] - Life happens, and you...
- [WHAT IS INCLUDED] - One (1) Full Size Standard Futon Mattress...
We will wrap up with this amazing option, the Trupedic x Mozaic - 8-inch Full-Size Futon Mattress. This mattress is perfect since it gives you the privilege of having two pieces of furniture in one, seeing that it can convert from a couch to a bed easily. It can also accentuate your space without compromising on the comfort it provides.
Trupedic mattresses are designed with a variety of high-quality materials that provide relaxation. They also have a poly-cotton mattress cover that is super soft and durable. Again you could easily fold and unfold these mattresses to a couch or bed position.
Types of Futons
1. Traditional Japanese Futons
Japanese futon mattresses are typically foldable floor mattresses. These mattresses focus on providing portability and comfort. The main benefit of these mattresses is that they provide extra space for your home.
2. Western-Style Futons
The western-style futon mattress is a combination of a sofa and a bed. These mattresses focus on providing enough thickness to promote comfort. The main benefit is that they can easily convert from a chair to a bed.
Factors to consider when purchasing the Best futon mattresses
1. Comfort and Support
The first factor you should consider is the comfort and support of the mattress you want to purchase. Some of the features you could look for are Memory Foam, Coil springs or latex. A mattress with any of these three will guarantee superior comfort and support
2. Thickness and Firmness
While purchasing the best full-size futon mattress, you will need to consider its thickness and firmness. Some of these mattresses are as thick as eight inches providing the comfort you need while sitting or lying. A thicker mattress is essential for side sleepers and adults.
You will find that these mattresses will come with different degrees of firmness. The firmness varies from extra soft to extra firm to choose as your preference. However, aim at getting one that will give you more support and comfort.
3. Futon Frame Size
While purchasing the futons, you will want to get the one that perfectly fits your futon frame. The futon frames come in different sizes, including queen, full twin, single, chair and love seat. So if you are making a purchase, you need to get futons that are that of the size of frame you have. Remember placing futons on either small or overly big frames can lead to discomfort.
You also need to consider the flexibility of the futons you purchase. Swapping from a couch to a bed allows you to turn your space into a guest room as you wish. This way, you can double the effectiveness of your space. The amazing bit is that the futons are lightweight and portable, meaning you will not struggle to rearrange your space.
Most futons are designed using high-quality materials and will serve you for years. However, this does not mean that you don't need to pay attention to the durability of the futon you purchase. You will find that futons are constructed differently, and some are more durable than others. For instance, a futon filled with cotton foam tends to be less durable than spring or memory foam mattresses.
You don't need to stress about sleeping arrangements whenever you have guests sleeping over because the futon mattress has got you covered. Futon mattresses offer great support and comfort for side sleepers, stomach sleepers and back sleepers. The ability to effortlessly swap between a sofa and a bed is another advantage. So buy the best full-size futon mattress today at a reasonable price and free up some space in your home.