Best Dehumidifier with Pump Function for Moisture Removal
Living in an excessively humid place means that you’re probably in dire need of a dehumidifier. A dehumidifier removes moisture from the air and collects it all in a water tank. For a seamless water drainage process, you should consider getting the best dehumidifier with pump functionality.
Unfortunately, when it's humid that moisture from the air and stickiness doesn't always stay outside your home. It will always find a new way to creep into your home and make wet spaces like laundry rooms and bathrooms even damper. Ideally, humidity between 30-50% humidity is okay, but when the humidity starts to creep above 50%, spaces such as laundry rooms are potential breeding grounds for mould, dust mites, mildew, and other critters you really don't want in your home.
This is where the dehumidifier comes to the rescue. Most dehumidifiers will draw in humid air using a fan and an internal compressor through an inlet, then direct the air through cooling coils that then pull out the excess humidity and condense it into a reservoir. In contrast, dry air is then directed back into the air.
Getting a dehumidifier with a pump means you need to know the list of the best dehumidifiers with a pump that will allow you to drain the condensed water into a sink or collect it somewhere.
What's On This Page?
- The Best Dehumidifier with Pump Features for Continuous Drainage
- 1. Inofia 30-Pint Pump Dehumidifier
- 2. GE Energy 50-Pint Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump
- 3. Frigidaire FFAP5033W1 50-Pint
- 4. LG PuriCare Dehumidifier
- 5. Hisense Dehumidifier Inverter with Pump
- Factors to Consider to Get the Best Dehumidifier with Pump Features
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Dehumidifier with Pump Features
The Best Dehumidifier with Pump Features for Continuous Drainage
1. Inofia 30-Pint Pump Dehumidifier
- This Compressor Dehumidifier Keeps Spaces Up to 4,500 Sq. Ft....
- Built-In Humidity Sensor - The LCD accurately displays the...
- Low Maintenance & Easy Operation; Simply Plug-In, Select Settings...
- Bright LED Display Indicates Humidistat & Setting, Fan Speed,...
- Highlights Include Eco-Efficiency (ENERGY STAR Certified),...
Not everyone needs an incredibly large dehumidifier like a 70-pint dehumidifier for large rooms. Sometimes all you need is a smaller device that will do the job just right in a smaller area or small room. Compared to small dehumidifiers, the Inofia 30-pint dehumidifier is a leading example of efficiency packed in a compact size for moisture removal.
It has a sleek, compact make that stands out, as you'd expect from high-end products. It only weighs 24.9 pounds and comes with a recessed handle making it one of the most portable dehumidifiers that are also very easy to install. It is also an affordable dehumidifier with an Energy Star dehumidifier certification that ensures energy efficiency to help cut down on bills.
As a small portable dehumidifier, it can cover up to 1056 sq. ft making it one of the best dehumidifiers with pumps for basement humidity. It operates at a 41°F-95°F temperature to collect the excess moisture in a 0.5-gallon water tank. The 30-pint capacity does well under a 90% relative humidity at 95°F.
It has digital control panels that let you set the desired humidity level, a 24-hour timer, auto-defrost, automatic shut-off, automatic restart, and a built-in pump to drain water so you won't have to. At only 46 dB(A) noise level at high speed, this 30-pint dehumidifier is the quietest dehumidifier on the list. Inofia also comes with a drain hose on purchase.
2. GE Energy 50-Pint Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump
- 50 PINT – This GE Energy Star dehumidifier removes 50 pints of...
- BUILT-IN PUMP – The built-in pump with an included hose, allows...
- EMPTY BUCKET ALARM – This feature alerts you if the bucket,...
- CLEAN FILTER ALERT - The unit works best with a clean filter, so...
- EASE OF USE: The pocket handles make it easy to transport between...
If draining using a hose isn’t an option, this GE model comes with a built-in pump that lets you drain out through the window or an elevated sink. It can filter and absorb excess moisture in a 1,500 square feet space. This is a durable pick suitable for use in basements or small homes that require widespread dehumidification.
If you would rather not use the hose pipe, it has a full tank alert that automatically turns off to avoid overflow, especially if you cannot empty it in time. The GE Energy Star dehumidifier is a 50- pint dehumidifier that will collect 50- pints of excess moisture from humid air every day. This model is ideal for wet small rooms with excess moisture, such as small homes or basement.
The built-in pump comes with an included hose that allows water to be drained to a different location at a maximum of 16 feet away, eliminating the need to keep on checking the water level in the bucket and empty it every once in a while.
It has a 1.8 gallons capacity and a feature that alerts you when the bucket is either full or missing. The alarm goes on for around 10 seconds to let you know that it's time to empty or replace it. This GE dehumidifier unit works best with a clean air filter, so it alerts you when it's time to clean it up.
It comes with pocket handles that make it easy to transfer its different rooms. It also comes with features such as 3 fan speeds, an adjustable humidistat, an automatic start, and an auto defrost feature that make it much easier to use and more effective in moisture removal from humid rooms. All these features make it rank high as one of the best dehumidifier with pump abilities.
3. Frigidaire FFAP5033W1 50-Pint
- PORTABLE DEHUMIDIFIER FOR WET ROOMS: When moisture is excessive,...
- EFFECTIVE HUMIDITY CONTROL: Fit for use in any damp spaces of the...
- RELIABLE MOISTURE REMOVAL: With custom humidity control and 3 fan...
- BUILT-IN PUMP: Set the unit to continuous drain mode, attach a...
- WASHABLE FILTER: Capture dust from the air and keep your...
The Frigidaire 50-pint dehumidifier is one of the most versatile dehumidifiers with pumps that can take a 50 pints capacity of water per day. It comes with a continuous draining option with a built-in pump that automatically and reliably pushes water 16 feet away, so you won't have to do it yourself. If you prefer to manually empty your reservoir, it comes with a larger tank size at 2 gallons.
This Frigidaire dehumidifier model also comes with 3 fan speeds to take up the different humidity levels in different room sizes. It also has an auto-shutoff that automatically shuts off and alerts you when the tank is full. It has other thoughtful designs that include hooks at the back of the machine that you can use to wrap the cord when you're not using it, a washable air filter, top/side handles, and smooth caster wheels for easy portability from room to room.
It also comes with a custom humidity control that you can use to control the amount of humidity you'd want in your room for maximum comfort and convenience. Additionally, it comes with a front-loading bucket with a splash guard and carrying handle. The water bucket is conveniently located at the front for easy access, while the splash guard and carrying handle makes emptying the bucket hassle-free
The Frigidaire 50-pint dehumidifier is designed to operate and draw too much water out of the air at low temperatures down to 41°F.
4. LG PuriCare Dehumidifier
- FASHION MEETS FUNCTIONALITY: Our sleek, modern black case houses...
- TAKING SAFETY TO THE NEXT LEVEL: Our dehumidifier has all of the...
- REVOLUTIONARY BUCKET DESIGN: A convenient, completely clear,...
- PACKED WITH FEATURES: Built-in pump gives you continuous drain...
- SmartThinQ COMPATIBLE: Use your smartphone to start or stop your...
LG is definitely not the first brand that'd come to mind when you are looking for an air conditioner or dehumidifier. The company has developed a range of affordable products, such as the LG PuriCare 50-pint dehumidifier. It comes with a bucket with a splash-free design that is complete with a handle and a bucket cover.
When full, it gives you a notification to let you know that it’s time to drain out the water. However, you won’t need to if the drain is nearby. It comes with standard features you'd find with normal dehumidifiers that include automatic defrost, a programmable timer, auto shutoff/ auto restart, and a washable filter.
This dehumidifier with a pump is a sleek system with rounded corners and a metal frame and casing that goes great with the glass fibre and silica gel wire that encloses it for increased safety. The dehumidifier collects a bucket worth 13.3-pint excess moisture from the air. It has two-fan settings to produce plenty of cool air at a rate of 194 CFM at maximum. You also get Wi-Fi connectivity and access to the SmartThinQ app of LG’s PuriCare dehumidifier, which means that you can connect to Alexa or Google Home to give you a measure of voice control over your system.
The LG Puricare dehumidifier has a true rating of 50 pints per day at the current DOE standards and an affordable price point for all the features it comes with, aside from the fact that it is a dehumidifier with an internal pump.
5. Hisense Dehumidifier Inverter with Pump
- Model features 3 operating modes, an adjustable humidistat that...
- Full tank indicator and automatic shutoff prevents over and helps...
- This unit works hard to stop the sticky and can remove 100 pints...
- Just take the unit out of the box and you are ready to use!
- Maintenance is easy with a detachable air filter. And the...
Hisense is known for its quality home goods which is the same case with the Hisense DH10019TP1WG dehumidifier. Of the many dehumidifiers with pumps, it is the heaviest at a weight of 60 pints. It is also one of the dehumidifiers with the least noise level since the centrifugal fan is so quiet at 36 dB.
It has a DC inverter that makes this dehumidifier extremely efficient at roughly 40% more efficient at removing excess moisture than a similarly sized model without that same inverter. This dehumidifier with a pump can cover up to 1,500 square feet and can work with lower temperatures compared to the usual 38°F; many dehumidifiers can not go past to work with to remove excess moisture in the humid air. Other notable features include a 20-pint water bucket and multiple modes.
It is backed by a 2-year warranty.
Factors to Consider to Get the Best Dehumidifier with Pump Features
- The hose connection, especially if you're using a large capacity dehumidifier
- An auto-humidistat to help detect the moisture in the air, turn on automatically and turn off automatically once the bucket is full
- Consider a dehumidifier with a low-temperature setting and auto-defrost so it can properly operate in cooler temperatures
- Decide whether you want a continuous drain or pump dehumidifier
- Consider getting one that has a filter indicator
- Consider one that has an auto-defrost function, especially if you plan to have your dehumidifier in a very cool place
- Consider features such as auto shut-off, an adjustable thermostat, and a cleanable air purifier
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Dehumidifier with Pump Features
1. What type of dehumidifier does my house need?
- If you have a humidity problem throughout the entire house, then an integrated whole-home system is the way to go.
- If the moisture issues are seasonal or confined to some rooms in the house, then you need a more portable residential dehumidifier
2. What is the right size dehumidifier for me?
Dehumidifier units are sized based on how many pints of too much moisture in the air they can remove in a day: The larger and wetter your space is, the more powerful of a unit you will need. A dehumidifier will draw less moisture in a cooler room (e.g., the basement) since cooler air contains less moisture compared to warmer air.
- Small dehumidifier- works at roughly 400-600+ square feet to removes 20-25 pints of moisture at 65°F, or alternatively 30-40 pints at 80°F
- Medium dehumidifier- works at 800-1,000+ square feet to remove 30-35 pints of excess moisture at 65°F, or alternatively 50-60 pints at 80°F
- Large dehumidifier- it works in 1,200-1,500+ square feet to remove 40-55 pints of moisture at 65°F, or alternatively 70-90 pints at 80°F