Best Designer-Style Bedroom Furniture Ideas
Whether or not you sleep a lot, having a relaxing bedroom you can settle in at the end of each day can make a big difference, especially on those long, tiring days. But if you feel your bedroom no longer feels like the personal sanctuary it should be, perhaps it’s time to make changes already.
Don’t worry, you don’t even need to do a full renovation; a few furniture updates should be enough to spruce things up. And to take the style up a notch, you can use some designer furniture pieces. And by designer, we mean uber-stylish—and they don’t have to break the bank! You’ll simply be choosing pieces that can go together to create a cohesive look that looks tastefully designed.
Designer furniture items are usually either subtle-looking or bold and opulent. But when it comes to interior design, the idea is to create a balance where even the most contrasting elements can complement each other. For example, vintage statement pieces on a neutral-colored bedroom, or whimsical background prints with pops of colors here and there.
To get you started, decide on a motif, create a palette, and plan the details with any of these new furniture ideas:
Highlight Your Bed
Wherever you position your bed, it can serve as the centerpiece of your bedroom. Once you’ve decided on a motif, start with a bed frame that goes best with your theme. If you want to look for options, you can shop bed frames from RJ Living. Make sure you invest in a high-quality mattress too. Your bed is where you’ll be recharging for long hours, so make it so comfortable that you wouldn’t want to leave it when you lay in it.
Here are some designer style ideas you can start with:
- Platform bed on a raised floor – low-slung platform beds can look either minimal or luxurious depending on the material and how you style it.
- Cushioned headboard – this is a common style you’ll find in luxury hotel bedrooms. This type of headboard looks best with an upholstered bed, so consider both if you’re going for a luxury-themed bedroom.
- Bedroom bench – placed on the end of the bed, it’s best matched with your bed frame or your bedroom couch.
- Floating nightstands – these space savers are the perfect replacement for bulky bedside tables if you’re a bit limited with space.
Accentuate With Lights
Although they’re not often noticed because of their subtlety, lights can really elevate the overall appeal of a room. Depending on the colors, they can also help create a mood. Warm, low-lights, for example, are perfect around the headboard area when you're winding down. You can also add small spotlights if you want to highlight certain areas of your bedroom like your wall art or your bedroom TV area.
Try any of these lighting furniture pieces and use warm-toned lights to create a sophisticated vibe; if your motif is more on the edgy side, try colorful neon lights instead:
- Headboard lights – use subtle low-light LEDs in strips or dotted around the headboard. They’re perfect for when you need a bit of light and don’t want anything too bright.
- Designer table lamps – place on one side of your bed or make it asymmetric if you have nightstands on both sides of the bed.
- Floor lamp – if you want a light source you can move around, lightweight floor lamps are a good idea. Choose unique styles and shapes that stand out if your room needs some perking up, or a simple but elegant style that complements the rest of your theme.
- Pendant lamp light – another space-saving furniture item, you can use pendant lights directly above your bed, on top of your nightstands, or in your reading corner.
Add A Statement Piece
Your designer-style bedroom won’t be complete without a statement piece. You can use either a quirky furniture piece or a luxurious-looking item that can make your room unique in a way that reflects your personality.
- Accent chair – it could be a vanity chair, an ottoman, or a study chair with a bright hue that adds a pop of color. If you’re maintaining a muted color palette, choose a piece with a unique texture or print instead.
- Luxurious chandelier – this will be perfect on the ceiling above your bed, or at the very center of your room’s ceiling.
- Unique ceiling fan – a practical replacement for the chandelier if you want to promote natural air circulation.
- Statement wall clock – tell the time the stylish way with a statement clock hung above your headboard.
- Large wall art – if you have more space, hang an artistic piece of art on your biggest wall or simply lean it against the wall from the floor.
- Full-body mirror – prop an oversized but stylish mirror on the floor. It’s a must if you love taking photos of your OOTDs.
- Area rug – choose a print that stands out and place it in the middle of your bedroom, or at the foot of your bed.
End Your Day In Style
Upscaling your bedroom with stylish furniture pieces doesn’t have to be too expensive. Play with textures and patterns, and don’t be afraid to try new colors together. With some creativity, a bit of boldness, and lots of inspiration, you can turn your bedroom into the best place to come home to at the end of each day.