Intex Inflatable Hot Tub-PureSpa Plus Portable Tub Review
- TOTAL RELAXATION WITH 140 WATER JETS: Pampering yourself is...
- HARD WATER TREATMENT BUILT-IN: Built-in hard water treatment...
- FAST SET UP: Ready for water in about 20-minutes and can be...
- FITS UP TO 4 PEOPLE: Provides relaxation at the touch of a button...
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: Includes insulated cover,...
Intex is a widely known company for making a variety of high-quality inflatable hot tubs that are sturdy and comfortable, and they come at an affordable price. The Intex Inflatable Hot Tub 6.4 Foot Diameter 4 Person portable is a great tub that features a thermal ground cloth with sufficient insulation.
As one of the best hot tubs currently in the market today, this reliable Intex spa has proven to be quite effective in giving a refreshing massage that will come with everything you need for your inflatable hot tub.
If you're looking for a spa-like experience, keep reading to find a detailed review of the Intex 28429E PureSpa Plus 6.4 Foot Diameter 4 Person Portable Inflatable Hot Tub Spa.
What's On This Page?
- Features of Intex PureSpa Plus Portable Inflatable Hot Tub Outdoors
- Pros and Cons of Intex Inflatable Hot Tub
- Who Should and Shouldn't Buy this Hot Tub?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Intex Inflatable Hot Tubs
Features of Intex PureSpa Plus Portable Inflatable Hot Tub Outdoors
1. Intex Pure Spa Plus Specs
- Inner Diameter: 57 inches
- Outer Diameter: 77 inches
- Height: 28 inches or 71 cm
- Water Capacity: 210 gallons or 795 liters
- Gauge: 0.84mm
- Heater: 1300 W
- Bubble Air Blower – 1.1 hp/110-120V
- Spa Heater – 1,300W/110-120V
- Flow Rate – 460 Gallon/ Hour or 1,741 litres/ hour
- Temperature Range- 68-104 Degrees Fahrenheit or 20-40 degrees Celcius
- Power Requirement - 10 Watts
2. Seating Capacity and Setting Up
It can simply accommodate up to four people, but you also have the option of purchasing its bigger model that can accommodate up to six people. The PureSpa Plus Hot Tub can easily be set up in approximately 20 minutes and is able to warm up the water up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Deflation is also easy for simple transport and storage.
To set it up, you need to first layout the thermal ground mat in a flat area that is at least 11 feet across. Then unfold the tub on the top of the mat and attach the inflation hose to the inlet and control panel. Inflate the tub, then detach the hose and tightly close the air inlet. Fill it with water, and once full, attach the digital control, turn the heater on, and choose the temperature.
To speed up the heating time, you can choose to add some hot water when you first fill it up. You can also use the insulated cover to speed up the required time to heat the water and also keep the heat in. When the water reaches your desired temperature, you can remove the cover, enter the tub, turn the massage system, and relax.
3. Design and Material
This Intex hot tub features a stylish and modern design that will be a nice addition to your home. It features an integrated filtration system with easy-to-replace hot tub filters. This filtration and heating system ensures the water heats effectively and is gentle on your skin.
It is made from an Intex signature laminated fiber tech material that helps prevent punctures and keep the water warm. It also makes it sturdy enough such that you can comfortably sit on the walls. It also has a great circular design for enhanced performance and durability when completely filled and occupied.
The model also features a puncture-resistant laminated 3 ply material that helps extend the lifetime of the hot tub. With the right care, this Intex hot tub will last for a couple of years. With the built-in pump, the jacuzzi will inflate in just a few minutes; however, heating up the cold water can take up to 12 hours, depending on how cold the weather is.
4. Hard Water Treatment System
The Intex Inflatable Hot Tub features a built-in hard water treatment that makes the water gentler on the clothes, skin, and spa system. This one prevents the build-up of limescale, a common problem experienced in hot tubs. It helps with water softening to provide you with a long-lasting experience.
This system makes it a great choice for anyone living in a hard water area. Hard water is said to have a high percentage of calcium, which, when it builds up, can cause some serious damage to your skin and the hot tubs.
5. Bubble Jets
It is equipped with 140 soothing bubble jets to provide you with the ultimate spa experience. You always have control of the water jets and can customize them using the easy-to-use control panel. The high-powered bubble jets makes the hot tub great for hydrotherapy, and you also get other health benefits from constant use of the tub.
6. Control Panel
This massage system is controlled using a digital control panel. It features an easy-to-use tilt-adjustable control panel that sits on the sides of the tub. This ensures that you can comfortably control everything while relaxing in the water without the need to get out. It is easy to adjust the jets, pressure, and water temperature range to your liking using the control panel.
The hot tub comes with a heat-retaining lockable insulated cover and a thick ground mat to minimize heat loss within the hot tub and also keep the debris and dirt away from the spa. Covering the pool will help speed up the healing time required for the water, and it will also help retain the heat.
Always remember to keep the cover on the hot tubs every time you're not using it. This is because it helps keep the water hot, saves you money on the electricity costs of re-heating, and prevents children or pets from getting in when no one is around.
This model comes with two inflatable headrests that enable you to recline comfortably. These are a great addition and make the relaxation more comfortable. The headrests are designed to sit on the top of the walls and are filled with water.
Although the sides are still comfortable to rest your head, the headrests will increase the comfort to a luxurious level. However, you only get two headrests which is not much considering the spa can accommodate four people.
9. Other Features
For ease of use and maximum comfort, this Intex Inflatable Hot Tub comes with some other features that include;
- Two Filter Cartridges
- Floating Chlorine dispenser
- It also comes with a carry bag for effortless transportation and storage.
- Multi-colored LED lights
- Test Strips
- Side grip handles for easy transportation and carriage
Pros and Cons of Intex Inflatable Hot Tub
- High Quality and made from a durable material
- Simple maintenance and easy setup
- Portable and versatile
- Hard water treatment included
- Affordable and great value for money
- Included filter cartridge
- Easy storage
- Provides ultimate comfort
- It has a comfortable surface
- High-performance bubble jets
- The heat is well retained when the desired temperature is reached
- Easy to use digital controls
- It may not be the best for a big family
- It may take a long time to reach the maximum temperature
- The bubbles may be noisy
Who Should and Shouldn't Buy this Hot Tub?
Consider buying this if you're a person that;
- Lives in the hard water area
- Have a small family
- Looking to get a powerful massage
- Want a portable one
- Looking for a good range of extras
- If you have adequate room in your backyard to accommodate it
- A simple one to use and set up.
Don't buy it if;
- You're looking for a luxury model
- You don't have enough space or site to fit the 77-inch model.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Intex Inflatable Hot Tubs
1. Are inflatable hot tubs worth it?
Yes, these portable hot tubs are definitely worth it, especially for people who would like to use them in ambient temperatures above 40 degrees Fahrenheit. They outperformed the fixed spas or jacuzzis when it comes to portability and convenience.
2. Can the hot tub be placed on a wooden deck?
Yes. You can place it on a wood deck, provided the surface is flat, and the deck should have proper support and padding underneath. The PureSpa 4 person hot tub has a weight of approximately 2,000 pounds when fully filled. For this reason, it is crucial to check whether your wood deck can support the weight and also the combined weight of the adults that are going to get inside the tub.
3. Can inflatable hot tubs be used in winter?
No, you can't use the Intex Hot PureSpa tub during winter. This is because the heater won't keep up with the low temperatures, which could end up damaging the hot spa. To properly run this hot tub, the temperature needs to be at least 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Can I use the Intex PureSpa Plus inside?
Yes. However, setting up this spa in the house is not recommended because of the huge amount of space required, the overall weight when filled, the high humidity that will come off from heating, and the risk of developing molds.
IIf you decide to set it still up indoors, ensure the room is well ventilated, the foundation is flat and sturdy to support the overall weight it has plus the weight of four adults. Some people choose to use a dehumidifier to reduce the humidity when using it inside a room or hous