Best Portable Hot Tub and Inflatable Spa for Home Use
If you have an idea of soaking in warm water in a comfortable place, then you should probably consider getting a hot tub. The best portable hot tub will come in handy at any time of the year, especially during the summer season when you will be spending a lot of time outside. For portability, an inflatable hot tub is recommended.
With an inflatable hot tub, you can always blow it whenever and wherever you want to use it and easily release the air when you want to store it. These portable hot tubs will also allow you to store them anywhere you want and move around with them as you please.
Whether you are hoping to dip your toes in a home jacuzzi or want a regular hot tub, the portable and inflatable hot tub is a great pick. To help you find the best one for you, we've rounded up the five best inflatable hot tubs in the market, their pros and cons, as well as factors you should consider before buying a portable or inflatable hot tub.
5 Best Portable Hot Tubs
1. Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub Portable Hot Tub
- Enjoy the ultimate spa experience: nothing beats the feeling of...
- Easy to operate: the digital control panel lets you dictate the...
- Durable and innovative construction: The spa's durable PVC...
- Simple setup and maintenance: no extra tools are needed to setup...
- Benefits of a portable hot tub: with lift handles, the spa can be...
The Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub is the best inflatable hot tub in the market currently. It is a four-person hot tub that boasts its affordability and effectiveness. It is also known as Bestway Lay-Z spa or Coleman Lay-Z-Spa. The hot tub measures 26 inches tall and 71 inches wide which is not too big or too small. The puncture-resistant and durable tub feature 120 bubble jets, a built-in inflation pump, and a great cover.
It features a cushioned air pad floor that is amazing for protection against puncture, improved comfort, and thermal insulation. It has been made using a patented TriTech Material (a polyester mesh core that is fitted in two layers of PVC. This enables you to inflate it to high pressure, and you can sit on the walls without experiencing any issue.
The digital control panel in the tub allows you to adjust the jets and water temperature without having to get out. It also comes with a power-saving timer that you can use to set the water temperature. It is easy to set up since no tools are required. The lift handles will make it easily portable, and it deflates to a compact size for storage.
2. Bestway SaluSpa Miami Inflatable Hot Tub
- Enjoy the ultimate spa experience: receive total relaxation when...
- Dimensions: 71" W x 26" H | Inner Size: 52" W | Cord length: 9...
- Operate from inside the hot tub: The digital control panel lets...
- Superior strength and durability: The puncture-resistant tri-tech...
- Simple setup and maintenance: no extra tools are needed to setup...
The Bestway SaluSpa Miami Inflatable Hot Tub is another one of the best inflatable tubs. It can accommodate up to 177 gallons of water and can accommodate up to four people. It features 120 bubble jets that are great for the tub size to allow the right amount of pressure. The water can heat up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit, and the temperature can easily be adjusted using the LED control panel.
It measures 26 inches tall and 71 inches wide with a cord length of 9 feet. It features a power-saving timer that can automate the temperature of this portable spa up to 3 days in advance. This blow-up spa also features a puncture-resistant tri tech material and I-beam construction to ensure this circular tub never loses its shape and stability, even when someone sits on the walls.
The lift handles make it easy to move, and it deflated to a compact size for easy transportation and storage. Its setup and maintenance are simple since there are no extra tools required. It also comes with a cover to minimize heat loss, provide safety, and also keep the water clean from debris like leaves or rain.
3. Intex PureSpa Plus Portable Hot Tub Outdoors
- TOTAL RELAXATION WITH 170 WATER JETS: Pampering yourself is...
- FITS UP TO 6 PEOPLE: Provides relaxation at the touch of a button...
- HARD WATER TREATMENT BUILT-IN: Built-in hard water treatment...
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: Includes insulated cover,...
- FAST SET UP: Ready for water in about 20-minutes and can be...
The Intex PureSpa Plus 6 Person Portable and Inflatable Hot Tub is another of the portable spas with a thermal ground cloth and sufficient insulation. The hot tub comes with a lockable cover and a thick ground mat to reduce heat loss. It features an integrated filtration system with easy-to-replace hot tub filters to ensure the water heats effectively and is gentle on your skin.
Unlike other traditional hot tubs, this one is made from an Intex signature laminated fiber tech material that helps prevent punctures and keep the water warm. It also makes it sturdy enough such that you can comfortably sit on the walls. The hot tun also has 170 jets on the circular interior. It is easy to adjust the jets, pressure, and water temperature to your liking using the control panel.
As one of the best blow-up hot tubs, this model comes with two inflatable headrests that enable you to recline comfortably. With the built-in pump, the jacuzzi will inflate in just a few minutes; however, heating up the cold water can take up to 12 hours, depending on how cold the weather is. It also comes with a carry bag for effortless transportation and storage.
4. Coleman SaluSpa Hawaii 4-Person Portable Inflatable Square Hot Tub
- INFLATABLE HOT TUB: The Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub is...
- FEATURES: Relax at the touch of a button with the soothing AirJet...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: TriTech 3 ply inflated walls for durability...
- INCLUDES: Includes 1 pool liner, 1 pool cover, 1 spa pump, 1...
- SPECIFICATIONS: Cord length: 12-foot; Water capacity (80%...
Depending on your needs, preference, and available space, you might choose to get a square spa tub. This way, you may want to consider the Coleman SaluSpa Hawaii 4-Person Portable Inflatable Square Tub. This inflatable jacuzzi can accommodate up to four adults, and it is great for both indoor and outdoor use.
It features a built-in air pump that allows you to inflate the tub within a few minutes. The water will quickly heat up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit. It has a total of 114 bubble jets to massage your muscles as you sit back and relax. Moreover, it is made of a durable three-ply PVC material and has a well-cushioned floor with a drain valve.
As one of the best blow-up spas, it comes with an insulated cover that is coated with aluminum to ensure the water remains warm and clean. It also features a chemical floater to ensure the clarity of the water is maintained. The integrated power-saving system allows you to set automated water temperatures. The two lift handles also come in handy when transporting.
5. Intex PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
- The built in hard water treatment system makes water gentler on...
- An insulated cover and lock is included to minimize heat loss and...
- Pure Spa provides simple maintenance with 2 easy to replace...
- Age Grading: 6+. Includes: Heating system, 3-way test strip, 2...
- Seating capacity: 4 people; Water capacity: 210 gallons; Water...
The Intex PureSpa Bubble Massage Spa Set is a sizeable hot tub that measures 28 inches tall and 77 inches wide ad can accommodate up to four people. It is made from a three-ply Fiber Tech material that is durable and puncture-resistant. The material looks premium and has a pleasant texture.
This hot tub features two headrests, 140 powerful bubble jets, and a color-changing LED light. It has a control panel that helps to customize the jets. It comes with an air pump that will help inflate the tub in just a few minutes. It also features a built-in hard water treatment system to prevent the build-up of limescale. The chemicals are dispensed using a simple chemical floater.
It includes a carrying bag that makes it easy to store and move with it. The Intex PureSpa helps minimize the water temperature losses, acts as a safety measure, and prevents insects or leaves from getting in the water.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Portable Hot tub
1. Types of Jets
When it comes to a hot tub, the jet is one of the crucial features to consider. Here are some common types of jets;
These are the popular and used option in portable hot tubs because they are cheaper to manufacture. This way, they give are affordable but offer amazing massage. The Airjets are cheaper because they use the same blower used to inflate the hot tub when setting it up to push the air into a ring on the floor.
It massages and gives a tinkling feeling to your body, making you feel good. However, the blower can be loud, and they may cool the water pretty fast.
b). Hydro jets/ Water Jets
Due to their high maintenance costs, water jets are rarely found in an inflatable hot tub. Instead, they are commonly used in a conventional built-in jacuzzi. Water jets require a powerful water pump and also reliable and high-quality water piping. Unlike the Air Jets, the massage for these hydro jets focuses on one spot, and the jet of water will apply direct pressure to your skin.
An advantage of the water jets over the air jets is that they are much stronger and offer a direct massage than air jets. Furthermore, the water pump is quieter, and there are no heat losses because it will push the cold air to the water. Most times, hot tubs with hydro jets will also have air jets. However, the price of these water jets is higher, almost double the price of an air jet inflatable hot tub.
While the smallest spa is a two-person hot tub, the biggest ones available can accommodate a maximum of six people. However, even for the bigger ones, you should be ready for leg touching if six adults sit in. When it comes to the volume, the inflatable hot tubs range from about 150 gallons to 300 gallons of water. The bigger volume means a heavier or bigger tub that might not be the best for portability.
Most inflatable hot tubs feature sturdy and durable walls. This means that one can comfortably sit or lean on them, and they won't budge. While most of them are made of good quality materials, there are some that have terrible quality, so you should always be on the lookout.
4. Heater Unit
This is another important feature of inflatable hot tubs that you shouldn't ignore. While most hot tubs have an external unit where you find where the heater, blower, and control panel are, newer hot tubs have the unit built-in to the wall of the inflatable tub. The latter one is beneficial for those people who have lesser space available.
The price of portable mostly ranges from $300 to $1000. The higher the price, the more advanced features it has. Luckily, you can always find one that matches your budget, especially with the wide range of options available.
6. Additional Features
As you will find during your search for a portable hot tub, the cheaper it is, the fewer features it has. This means that you have to incur an extra cost to get the additional features, including;
- Salt Water system: This system will help eliminate the need to add chlorine so that it will save you time and struggle. Moreover, the water won't have a chlorine smell, making it a better choice for people who have problems with chlorine.
- Hard Water System: This one prevents the build-up of limescale, a common problem experienced in hot tubs. Luckily, you can find this feature in most inflatable hot tubs.
- Digital Control Panel: Some options may come with a digital control panel, while there are others that have even smartphone controls to make it easy to operate the jets or adjust the temperature settings.
- LED Mood lights: This one takes the soaking, especially at night, to a whole new level. More hot tubs have started to include this.
- Cover: Some come with a ground cloth and an insulated cover to help minimize energy loss. They are an effective way to maintain the water temperatures, especially when you live in areas with cool climatic conditions.
- Extra Accessories included: Depending on the brand; the tub might include some extra accessories. They include headrests, stairs, or beverage trays.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Inflatable Hot Tubs
1. Which is the best portable hot tub to purchase?
The best portable hot tub is the Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub that is affordable and effective. The puncture-resistant and durable tub feature 120 bubble jets, a built-in inflation pump, and a great cover.
2. Can portable hot tubs be used in winter?
Inflatable or portable hot tubs have proven to maintain their maximum water temperature in cold weather and can be used for winter. If the spa is rated at 40 degrees and you take the hot tub on a 40 degrees fall day, you can easily fill it with the inflation hose water, turn on the pump and enjoy.