Best Office Chair For Back Pain Relief
Poor posture caused by the lack of a good office chair can make your back pain worse. While it is recommended that you should maintain a good posture when sitting, it is not that easy without a good office chair.
An ergonomic office chair offers support, comfort and relieves back pain, ensuring you have a productive day. However, the big question is, which are the best office chairs for back pain?
The best office chairs for back pain should offer support while still ensuring you maintain a proper posture and optimal spinal alignment.
Today, there are several office chairs in the market with different designs, sizes, and prices. Due to a wide range of options, it can be challenging to find the best one for you.
This is why, to help make the right decision, we have a review of the five best office chairs for back pain and things to consider before buying the best ergonomic office chairs.
5 Best Office Chairs For Back Pain
1. Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair
- Boost energy & focus: Micro-movements from sitting on a balance...
- Recommended user height: Designed for users 5 feet to 5 feet 11...
- Ball chair includes: Removable 52 centimeter Exercise Ball, Chair...
- Inflation notice: It may be necessary to re inflate the ball...
Gaiam Classic Ballance Ball Chair features an ergonomic design and a backless chair to help you maintain a good sitting posture. Just because the ball is backless, it engages your core and forces you to sit in an upright position.
If you require the support of a backrest from time to time, then this chair might not be the best option for you. However, if you're used to sitting in a lazy position, then this chair will help you kick back that habit.
This chair comes with four wheels, two of which are lockable to prevent unwanted movements. It has a great base that gives you the additional height to use with your desk. There are also leg extenders that can easily be purchased to lift the chair 2 inches higher.
The Gaiam balance chair also comes with two chrome bars that help to hold the ball in place. It also includes an air pump which makes it easy to assemble. There is a wide range of colors available to match your needs.
2. BestOffice Chair Ergonomic Office Chair for Back Pain
- BUILT FOR COMFORT - Our mesh office/computer chair is built for...
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Designed with human-oriented ergonomic...
- BIFIMA QUALITY-CERTIFIED - Our chairs pass all components of the...
- EASY ASSEMBLY – Our chair comes ready to assemble, with all the...
- CUSTOMER GUARANTEE – We want all of our customers to feel ready...
The BestOffice Ergonomic Desk chair is one of the best ergonomic office chairs that offers a tremendous lumbar support system for only a fraction of the price of most brands. It's certified by BIFIMA, which means that it has been proven to be extremely sturdy and can support a weight of up to 250 pounds.
This quality chair features a mesh material, an ergonomic and durable construction, a locking mechanism to ensure your back stays straight, and ample padding across the chair and the armrests to prevent your arms from getting sore.
It also features a high back that makes it an ideal mesh chair for tall users. For short users, you get an extra space to use as the headrest. This allows your body to move freely, which helps in pain relief. Further, this chair is effortless to assemble and comes with all the tools required for simple assembly.
3. Hbada Gaming Chair Racing Style Ergonomic High Back
- PERFECT FOR GAMING: Hbada Gaming Racing chair is dedicated to...
- ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR: Hbada Swivel Office chair is made of high...
- ADJUSTABLE FUNCTIONS: Reclining backrest from 90° to 155°. 7cm...
- QUICK INSTALLATION: We provided detailed and easy-to-understand...
- ONE-YEAR WARRANTY: Free exchange for installation problems,...
Are you looking for an office chair with a high-density seat cushion that is soft but not too soft? It would then be best to consider getting the Hbada Gaming Chair because it gives a soft high density cushioning that is quite comfortable and won't collapse easily.
It features built-in lumbar support and a high backrest that encourages proper posture and supports the back and neck. The headrest is removable and features a soft, padded, and adjustable material. This adjustable seat also features 155 degrees reclining backrest and a padded footrest to help you lie back to rest.
It is made from durable PU leather that is easy to clean and can support up to 300 pounds. The 360-degree swivel and rolling casters help in easy maneuverability. The decent amount of cushioning around the lumbar and the neck areas make this ergonomic chair stand out from the rest.
4. High-Back Executive, Swivel, Adjustable Office Desk Chair
- Comfortable executive chair black polyurethane bonded leather...
- Padded Seat and Back for all day comfort and support
- Pneumatic Seat Height adjustment; 360 degree swivel; smooth...
- Maximum weight capacity 275 pounds
- BIFMA Certified
If you're in search of a non-mesh but also budget-friendly chair, then this chair is a worthy investment in your health. It features a durable back in black leather instead of the mesh back. It also features excellent lumbar support and back adjustments to help have a great seating position throughout the day.
This high back executive chair has a pneumatic height adjustment that allows you to lean back or remain in an upright position, making it a great formal office or home office chair.
With its weight capacity of up to 225 pounds and its adjustment chair height of up to 38.5 inches tall, this high-end chair is an excellent choice for any body type. A great option for a leather office chair with more reasonable price points and adjustability functions affordable to many.
This chair also comes in different colors, including brown, black and white, to make sure it matches your office or home decor. It also has a one-year limited warranty.
5. KILLABEE Massage Gaming Chair High Back PU Leather
- ★ 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL gaming chair】 - sized at 27. 6” wide x...
- ★ 【luxurious comfort with massage lumbar Cushion】 -...
- ★ 【HIGHLY adjustable - customize to your needs】 - You can...
- ★ 【STURDY, secure high Quality office chair】 - constructed...
- ★ 【risk free purchase】 - offering you excellent after-sales...
The Killabee Massage High Back Gaming chair boasts a significant number of features to provide you with the support and comfort you need. It is also a great office chair for long work sessions, especially if you're looking to get back support.
Its adjustable features include a 90 to 175 degrees adjustable backrest, adjustable arms, 360 degrees swivel wheels and a retractable footrest. It also has an adjustable seat height of up to 51 inches high to fit different people.
The Killabee chair is made from artificial leather with a high backrest that helps support your back and neck. It has memory foam padding across the seat and a lumbar massage cushion for maximum comfort and back pain relief.
Furthermore, this cushioning has a built-in USB-powered massager for extra comfort. This chair has a weight capacity of up to 250 pounds. It also has a strong metal base, making it a reliable choice for your office or home needs.
What To Consider Before Buying an Office Chair For Back Pain
A great office chair is one that you can adjust to the right height, posture, and comfort preferences. With this, you will be able to optimize comfort and ease back pain.
Also See: disability education
For those with back pain, this feature is crucial, but for those with no back pain, they can get away with a fixed chair.
Office chairs have different adjustability features. Some have a reclining feature that allows one to lay back and relax, while some have different dials and levers to adjust the headrest, armrest, height, and angle.
There are different types of materials for office chairs. Some of them include;
- Fabric-It is more breathable than other smooth materials and comes in a range of styles and colors. However, it can be challenging to clean.
- Mesh-It is a comfortable and light material that is very breathable and budget-friendly. However, it doesn't have a classy look compared to other materials.
- Vinyl-This material is straightforward to clean, available in a range of colors, and has a look like leather, but they are far much cheaper.
- Leather-Leather is durable and classy, although it is less breathable and more expensive.
- Faux leather- May also look like leather, but they are not as durable as classic leather.
Generally, you need to choose a material that is according to your budget and style and also suits your comfort needs.
3. Lumbar Support
Lumbar support is a critical factor to look for in an ergonomic office chair, especially for those people who constantly suffer from back pain. This support can either be fixed with fixed cushions and sometimes ergonomic s-shaped backrests, while others have adjustable lumbar support.
When sitting, it essential for your shoulders to be pulled back and one way to ensure this happens is ensuring your seat has excellent lumbar support to ensure your lower back is not straining.
Lumbar support encourages the right posture, which can relieve the pressure and pain experienced in the lower back. For added comfort, these lumbar supports come with extra features like heated or massaging pads.
During your search for an office chair, you might find a wide range of designs and designs. However, for those who have back pain, ergonomic chairs are preferred because they offer a proper posture.
There are other types of chairs that also have ergonomic features. For example, executive chairs have plenty of cushioning and a higher back. They are also made from great materials like leather and wood. Another great example is big and tall chairs which are great for tall people.
Other best types include the kneeling chair that offers a knee rest and a seat, which forces the user to sit upright and slightly forward, which prevents users from sitting lazily. The ball chairs also encourage a straight posture.
If you're looking to have an office chair that is easy to move, then this is a feature that you should consider. The two things in a chair that ensure ease of movement are swivels and casters.
A 360-degree swivel allows the users to reach items and is easier to get in and out of without pulling or pushing from the desk. Casters also make it easy to zoom in and move the chair to grab objects.
When looking for a chair with excellent mobility, look for one with wheels that roll smoothly because wheels that drag may be troublesome. The wheels should also allow the chair to move in all directions. Some even have a locking feature that prevents the chair from moving when it shouldn't.
6. Tilt Tension
For most people, this feature doesn't really matter because they don't use it, but it is definitely worth mentioning. Most office chairs have this feature, but some don't. The tilt tension adjustment is a great feature that is dependent on your weight and support preferences.
When buying an ergonomic chair, you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to get a good chair for back support and lumbar support. Some chairs are affordable, and they give an incredible amount of support to allow you to sit in the best position possible. The right chair is one that is within your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) on Office Chair For Back Pain
1. What type of office chair is best for lower back pain?
The best ergonomic office chair for back pain is Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair because of its excellent ergonomic features. It is a backless chair that is economically designed to help you maintain a good sitting posture. It engages your core and forces you to sit in an upright position.
2. Which office chairs are best for your back?
If you suffer from back pain, you might need to find a high-back chair with lumbar support and adjustable height and angle for maximum comfort. However, no one chair fits everyone's needs that's why you have to research to find one that perfectly matches your body needs and budget.
3. What is the best office chair for sitting long hours?
The best office chair for sitting for long hours is BestOffice Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair for Back Pain. This is because it is exceptionally sturdy, offers a great lumbar support system, has a locking mechanism and ample padding across the chair.
4. Can a bad office chair cause back pain?
Yes, sitting in a bad office chair for long periods of time can cause lower back pain and may make existing back pain worse.