Best Small TV: 5 Picks for Extra Entertainment Space
While the world migrates to larger TV screens, there is still room for small screens in your life. When you buy a large 75" screen for your living room, other rooms in your house could use the best small tv for entertainment.
Extra rooms, such as your bedroom or guesthouse, require a TV set, and it is not always prudent to buy the biggest screen. Additionally, living in an apartment may mean you have less space, thus requiring you to buy a small tv.
A small TV is considered to be between 22 inches and 50 inches. While they are small, not all compromise on the many television features that make a great set. You can find great smart tv features, several HDMI ports, excellent resolution, great compatibilities, and more.
The following are to top 5 picks for the best small TVs you can buy in 2021. This article will discuss their features, pros, and cons to help you make the best choice.
What's On This Page?
- Best Small TVs
- 1. Best Overall: TCL 32-inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV
- 2. Great Picture Quality: SAMSUNG QN32Q50RAFXZA Flat 32-Inch QLED 4K Smart TV
- 3. Best 720p Resolution: Sony 32-inch 720p Smart LED TV
- 4. Best Fire TV Edition: Toshiba 43LF621U21 43-inch Smart 4K UHD with Dolby Vision
- 5. Best Full HD Resolution: Hisense 40-Inch Android Smart TV with Voice Remote
- How to Know the Ideal Size of your Best Small TV
- Top Features to Help You Find the Best Small TVs in 2021
Best Small TVs
1. Best Overall: TCL 32-inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV
- Easy Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant...
- Smart Functionality offers access to over 5,000 streaming...
- 1080p Full HD Resolution excellent detail, color, and contrast....
- Direct-lit LED produces great picture quality with 60Hz refresh...
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, 1 USB, RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, optical...
TCL is one of the most prominent TV brands globally. Their line of small TVs features the model 32S327, a 32-inch smart TV available with two configurations; Roku TV and Android TV.
The TCL 32S327 packs a 1080p High-Resolution resolution for crystal clear images when you watch movies or videos. With an LED screen, this tv is ideal for rooms with limited tv space such as dorms, tiny apartments, RVs, or bedrooms. The tv is also available in larger screen sizes if you have more room.
Movie nights will never be boring with this small tv. Not only does it come with a high resolution and Direct-lit LED screen, but it also boasts a 60Hz refresh rate that eliminates blurry images or videos even when you watch action-packed content like sports or movies.
This TCL tv also comes with several connectivity features, including 3 HDMI ports, a USB port, and Wi-Fi compatibility to enable you to stream or play media files. Additionally, it is also compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and features a headphone jack and optical audio output to improve your viewing and entertainment experience.
It has a sleek design, and you can easily mount it on the wall.
2. Great Picture Quality: SAMSUNG QN32Q50RAFXZA Flat 32-Inch QLED 4K Smart TV
- Crystal processor 4K: This ultra-fast processor transforms...
- Multi voice: Smart TV with Alexa and Bixby.
- Smart TV powered by Tizen: Go beyond smart TV with next-gen apps,...
- HDR: Unveils shades of color you can't find on HDTV. Sound Output...
- Crystal display: Experience crystal clear colors that are...
No viewing is off the limits with this 32-inch tv from Samsung. It comes with all the smart features you want in any TV, thus making its small screen size less of a worry.
The most prominent feature is the 4K picture quality enabled by a very high-quality 4K UHD Processor. The resolution is not the only feature you need for entertainment. This Samsung TV invests in image quality with ultra-slim array backlighting, HDR compatibility, and a 60Hz refresh rate for vibrant images and clarity.
Its sleek design improves decor quality to any room and is also compatible with mini and Versa wall mounting. With a wide viewing angle, this small smart tv connects to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for ease of use.
It also comes with 3 HDMI inputs, 2 USB ports, an ethernet port, an optical audio input, and a composite input, so you never have to worry about what to watch next. It works with voice assistants like Bixby Voice, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
3. Best 720p Resolution: Sony 32-inch 720p Smart LED TV
- X-Reality PRO for a Cleaner, More Refined Picture. Enjoy...
- Enjoy 720p HD. Experience the detail of HD across all your...
- Easy entertainment, wirelessly. The KDL-32W600D's built-in Wi-Fi...
- Motionflow XR 240. This refresh rate technology is designed to...
- Clear Phase for Enhanced Audio. Enjoy enhanced audio with smooth,...
Sony has on sale this 32-inch smart TV that comes with a great 720p resolution, Wi-Fi connectivity, and an LED screen. While it is not an Android TV, this Sony KDL32W600D lets you connect to your home network and stream movies from platforms like Netflix and Hulu, and enjoy more entertainment from other platforms like YouTube and Live TV.
With the brand's Motionflow XR 240 technology, you will enjoy fast-moving action from movies and sports because it enables a 60Hz refresh rate to eliminate blurring. The TV also uses the Clear Phase technology to analyze and balance audio quality so you can listen to all your content with smooth frequencies.
It comes with two HDMI cable ports, a stereo minijack headphone output, 1 Component/Composite, an optical digital audio output, 1 RF input for antenna, and an ethernet port. All these ports are well designed at the back of the TV to keep cables out of sight.
The TV also features 2 USB inputs, so you can load content from a thumb drive or even connect your camera and view images on a larger screen. For even better viewing, this TV allows screen mirroring so you can share your smartphone screen and stream content from there.
4. Best Fire TV Edition: Toshiba 43LF621U21 43-inch Smart 4K UHD with Dolby Vision
- Voice remote with Alexa: Use your voice to watch live TV, launch...
- Endless Entertainment: Watch over 500,000 streaming movies and TV...
- Access your favorite content: Fire TV Edition seamlessly...
- Watch high dynamic range (HDR) content on your TV: With an...
- Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and...
If you want great speed and performance, you might need to give this 43-inch tv from Toshiba a try. It comes with built-in Fire TV and voice control for ease of use. Additionally, you can connect to streaming platforms like Direct TV, Sling TV, Netflix, Hulu, and more to easily access your favorite shows online.
Built to support over 8million pixels, this smart tv gives a high 4K resolution so you won't miss any tiny detail in your content. Additionally, it allows you to stream high dynamic range (HDR) content online, like movies and videos. If you dread blurry content, this tv has you covered as it comes with a 60Hz refresh rate to reproduce even the fastest movements on your movie or tv shows.
For fast performance, the TV comes with a quad-core CPU/Multi-core GPU to hasten your searches. Wi-Fi connectivity also means you can access any content online as long as you have fast internet. This TV also comes with three HDMI ports and other input and output ports. You can also buy 50" and 55-inch TVs of this same model.
5. Best Full HD Resolution: Hisense 40-Inch Android Smart TV with Voice Remote
- Inputs & Outputs: 2 HDMI ports, 1 Ethernet port, 2 USB Ports (v...
- Measuring 35.6 x 20.4 x 3.2 inches and 12.8 pounds (35.6 x 22.4 x...
- Enjoy crisp, immersive audio from the two 7-watt speakers and DTS...
- Enjoy all the key moments in fast-paced sports, movies, and games...
- The vesa measurements for this TV are 100 x 200 millimeter/m6,...
With a 40-inch screen, this TV from Hisense exhibits a full display of smart features, starting with an amazing 1080p resolution and an Android operating system. It supports voice control, connects to Wi-Fi, and works with DTS Studio Sound for the best sound quality.
The TV also supports Bluetooth connectivity, so you can stream music or other content and listen on your headphones or soundbar. This tv boasts a 120Hz refresh rate that reduces input lag in fast-paced streaming content.
It comes with two HDMI ports, 2 USB Ports (v 2.0), an RCA input, an ethernet port, a Digital Audio Output (Optical) port, and composite audio input. The TV is compatible with Vesa wall mounting and comes with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
How to Know the Ideal Size of your Best Small TV
Buying a small TV is easier when you know the best features to look for, but do you know the ideal size for your room? Before deciding on the best TV features, you need to calculate the best TV size for comfortable viewing.
To understand how many inches will work for your room, measure the distance between your ideal TV position and your sitting position. Ideally, it would be best if you sat as far as 1.0 to 2.5 times the measurement of your screen size.
It is best if you took these measurements in inches, or if you take in feet, then convert the number into inches(1 inch= 0.083ft). The following are examples to guide you;
- If you want to buy a 42-inch TV set, you can sit 84 inches(7Ft) away from it.
- If you are unsure about the best screen size, you can simply divide the length between the Tv position and your sitting position by two; i.e., If the distance is 120 inches, you can buy a 60-Inch tv for comfortable viewing.
Top Features to Help You Find the Best Small TVs in 2021
If you have that extra guest room, dorm room, or any other extra wall that needs a smaller TV, you need to apply the same techniques when buying a big TV to find the best deal. These are some of the essential features a TV should have in 2021.
a) An ideal screen inch-size
You need to calculate the best screen size for your new TV before buying it. The size is an important factor that determines how visible content will be from where you sit. A TV screen size is measured diagonally, from one top corner to the opposite lower corner. This number is different from the dimensions of the TV, which are lower.
b) The screen resolution
The screen resolution is another feature that determines how enjoyable your TV time is. A higher resolution screen allows you to sit closer to the TV because the image looks more life-like, thus not affecting your eye comfort. Resolution means the number of pixels that reproduce a picture on your display of horizontal rows and vertical columns.
When buying a small TV, it is best to pick one with no less than 3840 x 2160 resolution, 4K, because you can comfortably sit next to it. 4K means you get 3840 pixels to produce a life-like picture on 2160 horizontal lines.
c) High Dynamic Range (HDR)
A small tv compatible with HDR can display better color and more balanced brightness and contrast for better overall image quality. When buying a small TV, you will find this feature in some 4K models. Look out for "HDR10" or "Ultra HD Premium" terms on the product descriptions before you purchase.
d) Refresh rate
When buying a TV set, always look for the refresh rate, expressed in Hertz or Hz. It is the number of times an image is refreshed on your screen per second. This refreshing eliminates blurry content when you watch fast-paced videos like sports or action movies.
The standard refresh rate for all TVS is currently set at 60Hz, but you can find double or triple the number, up to 240Hz, for the best seamless streaming.
e) External connection ports
Ideally, your small tv should have at least three HDMI ports, a USB port, and other vital connections for the best performance. HDMI ports allow you to connect accessories like soundbars, Roku TVs, or Chromecast, while USB ports make it possible to play content on your thumb drive.
When looking for the ports, make sure you spot at least one or two that support the newest HDMI formats like 2.1 and 2.0 for faster connections. Currently, you can get a smart tv with an HDCP 2.2 HDMI port that supports 4K resolutions.