Windows not only allow light to brighten up your home but also provide a great view of the outdoors. Whether you are surrounded by a beautifully-kept yard, high-rise buildings or a view of the ocean, maintaining streak-free windows ensures that your view is not obstructed.
We understand that cleaning your windows could easily be tedious, especially when using materials like paper towels that leave streaks and marks. However, the best window cleaning cloths, often microfibre cloths, remove dirt and spots, leaving you with clean, streak-free windows.
Unfortunately, although there are many glass cleaning towels on the market, only a few are good at cleaning windows to remove spots, dirt and streaks. This article will share the best window cleaning cloths, along with a handy buying guide to help you make an informed purchase. In addition, we will share a few window cleaning tips and tricks to achieve a streak-free shine.
What Cloth Is Best for Cleaning Windows?
Tempting as it may be to reach for paper towels, the results will not be pleasing since paper towels leave fibers on the glass window. As you will notice from our best glass cleaning cloths, microfiber is popular for its quality and efficiency.
Microfiber glass cleaning towels have tiny, split strands and an ultra-silky surface. This construction increases the surface area for dirt, dust and grime to latch on, compared to regular cloths for cleaning windows.
The desired output is a streak-free look that will open up your space and view when cleaning windows. Microfiber towels are more popular because they do not leave traces or streaks of dirt behind. In addition, they are an eco-friendly option since you need to wet the rag and you're good to start cleaning. Furthermore, these glass cleaning cloths can be washed and used for a sparkling new finish in your next cleaning.
What is the best window cleaning cloths?
Below are our best glass cleaning cloths.
1. Mr.Siga Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- ULTRA SOFT MATERIAL & SCRATCH FREE - Ultra soft and highly...
- ABSORBENT & LINT FREE - Made of 85% Polyester, 15% Nylon. These...
- TACKLE VERSATILE CLEANING JOBS - These premium microfiber towels...
- REUSABLE & LONG LASTING - These microfiber towels feature high...
- MR.SIGA's mission: Make your housework easier, and make the world...
This Mr. Siga microfiber cloth set is polyester and nylon, making it ultra-soft. Thanks to its construction, the cloth is also super absorbent, making it perfect for absorbing water when cleaning the windows or countertops.
Mr. Siga microfiber towels ensure that you have a lint-free finish when you wash windows. They are washable and lightweight, meaning that they dry quickly. In addition, the reinforced stitching on the edges makes these cloths very durable and multi-purpose.
2. E-Cloth Window Cleaning Set
- Effective — The E-Cloth Window Cleaning Kits all you need for...
- Easy — The waffle-weave Window Cloth grabs grime, dust and more...
- Environmental — Those blue mystery sprays make us uneasy, too....
- Eco-savvy — We think our 1-year or 100-wash promise stacks up...
- E-Cloth + Water — Master window cleaning with less, not more....
E-Cloth is a reputable housekeeping brand, so you are guaranteed quality. In addition, these green cloths are perfect for cleaning your windows with just water. Thanks to the microfiber construction that cleans and polishes the glass, the result is sparkling, clean windows.
This E-cloth window cleaning pack has a waffle-weave design that latches onto dust and grime and doesn't let go until rinsed out. This is very helpful as it prevents the dirt from spreading onto other areas. In addition, the sizing of these cloths is perfect for even large windows so that you can switch out your squeegee for them.
3. Aidea Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
- 【All-Purpose Microfiber Cleaning Towels】--AIDEA Cleaning...
- 【Soft & Lint Free】--Multifunctional Cleaning Cloths, and...
- 【Easy Clean and Durable】--Edgeless Microfiber Cleaning...
- 【Easy Care And Use】--Comes in 5 colors enables you to color...
- 【100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】--Customer satisfaction is of...
Made of polyester and polyamide, these microfiber cloths by Aidea are soft, super-absorbent and lint-free. With these, you are no longer concerned about having smudges due to poor water and dirt absorption or streaks of dirt lines. In addition, these multi-purpose cloths are perfect with just water to provide a streak-free clean.
Since they are non-abrasive, these microfiber towels do not scratch coats or paints in areas around your home, like worktops. Furthermore, the edgeless microfibre design helps increase durability so that you can use these towels with hundreds of washes. In addition, it is advisable to use a washing machine and avoid bleach to keep the cloths clean and ready for the next wash.
4. Microfiber Glass Cleaning Cloths
- Our Method Works! It's quick and easy. Plus, no more steaks and...
- First, clean the glass with a damp green cloth, then follow up...
- Environmentally friendly and healthier alternative to...
- Machine Washable hundreds of times: Detailed use and care...
- What's Included: (6) 16"x16" Microfiber Glass Cleaning Cloths,...
These microfiber cloths by Microfiber Wholesale store are the perfect cleaning supplies addition for a lint-free and streak-free clean. They are multi-functional, so you can use them for cleaning glass, car windows, mirrors and even stainless steel. In addition, these towels work with just water which is great if you want to stay away from harsh chemicals.
Being reusable, these cloths help to keep the environment safe and clean. The durable quality lasts hundreds of washes so you can keep your windows free of dirt and dust, as well as other surfaces in your home. As for the package, you will find a total of 8 microfiber towels, 6 in blue and 2 in green. The cloths are also well-sized to use on bigger windows.
5. E-Cloth Home Cleaning Set
- Effective — Instantly equip yourself with all you need for a...
- Easy — One purchase covers every surface you need to clean —...
- Environmental — Cleans with the power of masses of...
- Eco-savvy — With made-to-last quality backed by our 3-year or...
- E-Cloth + Water Is Enough — Dampen with water. Leave only water...
Our last entry is this home cleaning set by E-Cloth. This cloth is perfect for cleaning glass for a sparkling finish, made of polyester. The set comes with 7 microfiber cloths specialized for cleaning and polishing your windows. In addition, there is a dusting cloth that traps particles that would have been pushed around by a regular duster.
The precision-engineered microfibers in these cloths ensure that you do not need additional cleaning agents. With just water, you can stay away from harsh chemicals that would otherwise be harmful to children and pets living in the home. In addition, you are guaranteed that these eco-savvy glass cleaning cloths will last about 3-years with regular cleaning.
How Do You Choose the Best Window Cleaning Cloths?
When selecting the best window cleaning cloth, several factors come into play. These are:
The material used to make the glass cleaning towels makes the difference between a spotty and streak-free finish. For this reason, microfiber is popular among cleaning cloths since it efficiently removes dirt and grime while leaving you with a spotlessly clean window.
Cotton is another excellent microfiber alternative for clean windows. This is because it is super soft and quickly absorbs dirt. For this reason, cotton hand and wash towels are also a handy pick for cleaning windows. However, these will only remove the dirt and dust but not polish the glass.
It is essential to determine the absorbency of a window cleaner before purchase. How much water a glass cleaning cloth will absorb ultimately determines its effectiveness at cleaning. This is because a cloth with high absorbency will not leave stains or smudges on your window.
Glass cleaning cloths are not designed the same. You will find that some cloths feature a dual-layer that cleans the window on one side and polishes it on the other. On the other hand, a single-layer cloth will either clean or polish. Based on your preferences, you could choose a dual-layer cloth that performs both functions or a single one for cleaning and another for polishing.
The size of the cleaning cloth is important to consider. It will affect how much time it will take you to clean the window and how effective you will be. For example, cleaning a large window with a small glass cleaning cloth is tedious and time-consuming. Instead, a bigger-sized window cleaner would do a better job and take less time.
Identifying how many microfiber glass cleaning cloths you need helps save you money. For example, if you need more than 3 cloths, it would be cheaper to buy a set of about 5 cloths and store the extra ones or gift them to a friend.
Buying from a reputable housekeeping brand will guarantee you quality products. To avoid buying a cleaning cloth that you will later regret, go for one from a positively reviewed brand, such as the ones we have reviewed above.
What Is the Best Way to Get Streak-Free Windows?
You may have cleaned your windows a couple of times, only to step back and see the frustrating streak lines. Not to worry, our tricks and tips below will help you get sparkling clean windows.
- Pick a cloudy day to clean windows- Cleaning your windows in the hot blazing sun dries out your glass cleaner before you even have a chance to wipe them off. In turn, this creates pesky spots and lines that are difficult to clean. If the weather doesn't favor you, start cleaning windows on the shady side, then wait for the sun to go down before cleaning the others.
- Remove dirt and dust first- Removing dirt and dust before applying the glass cleaner helps prevent mud from forming on your window. For example, you could vacuum or brush the window frame to remove dust and dirt. In addition, this is a great chance to dust your shades, blinds and refresh or switch out your curtains.
- Be generous with the glass cleaner- Whether you are using a store-bought window cleaner or a homemade cleaning solution, it is recommended to apply a lot of cleaner on your windows. Spritzing generously using a conventional spray bottle helps dissolve tough dirt left on the windows, preventing smudges and streak lines.
- Use a microfiber cloth- Unlike when using newspaper or regular rags, microfiber cloths are super absorbent, soft and perfect for a streak-free window. You are better off investing in a reusable microfiber cloth than a paper towel roll.
- Leave the squeegee to professionals- Although professional cleaners swear by squeegees. However, you are likely to cause a mess if you don't use it well. Instead, microfiber glass cleaning cloths will be just fine unless you have big picture windows.
- Break down your work- Working on windows room by room, for example, is easier than doing all the work in one day. In addition, it is easy to catch streaks when using the wipe method. This is possible when you wipe one side of the window vertically and the other horizontally.
- Switch your angles- Once you are done cleaning, it is recommended to look at the window from different angles. This will help you notice any spots you may have missed or streak lines. Instead of waiting till your cleaning supplies are tucked away, check all the angles to ensure you don't have to repeat cleaning all over again.
- Do not use the same cloth to clean indoors and outdoors- If you clean a greasy mess inside then go outside to clean dirt and debris, you risk transferring the grease outside. To prevent this, have separate cleaning towels for indoors and outdoors. In addition, practice switching out dirty cloths for fresher ones when cleaning.
Dirty spots and streaks on your windows are frustrating to look at. Not only do they obstruct your view but also the light needed by your indoor plants. Microfiber glass cleaning cloths work to remove dirt, clean and polish your windows. So, our review will come in handy if you are looking for a glass cleaner that provides a spotless finish.
Image Source: apartmenttherapy.com