- Plenty of Power – With 4,400 starting watts and 3,500 running...
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 210cc OHV engine is a workhorse...
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt...
- Low Oil Shutoff – Protects your investment by automatically...
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide...
The DuroMax XP4400 is a midrange portable generator with a peak power output of 4400 watts. It is enough to power some high-end appliances like refrigerators and LCDs.
It’s highly portable and can be a reliable backup generator for emergencies as well.
4-stoke, 7 horsepower, air-cooled OHC engine
Electrical and recoil system
EPA, CSA approved
Metal, open steel frame enclosure
(2) 120V 20-amp (1)120/240V 30-amp (1) 12V DC
DuroMax XP4400 Inverter Generator Features:
- Maximum Power: The maximum output of DuroMax XP4400 at startup is 4,400 watt which later stabilizes at 3500 Watts. This high output allows you to attach high voltage appliances to this generator. You can even use it at worksites to run different tools.
- Engine: Duromax XP4400E has a 7HP 4 stroke forced air cooled OHV one cylinder engine. It is very safe to use with no risk of the engine heating up as cooling is taken care of.
This is an important feature as it protects the engine and enhances its lifespan.
- Dual Starting: Starting a generator with cable can often get frustrating as it often takes multiple pulls to get the job done. You will, however, face no such difficulties with this beauty as it comes with not just the manual recoil system but electric start as well.
You will have no trouble in starting the engine. This can extremely be useful if you’re old or have back troubles.
The recoil system can be a good back up to count on in case the batteries need replacement and the electric system doesn’t work.
- Operating Time: The generator can go for about 8 hours at 50% load on a full tank. You can increase the run-time by reducing the load. Similarly, operational time will reduce when you increase the load.
However, the run-time of 8 hours is pretty good. You can sleep peacefully and the generator will continue to do its job.
- Control Buttons and Meters: The generator comes with a voltmeter which helps you keep track of your voltage output. Other than this, there are various control buttons for easy handling.
- Noise Suppressing Muffler: It has a super quiet muffler which allows the generator to run at a noise level of 69dB at rated load. Even though it’s a little noisy compared to other generators, it’s still not too loud.
It equals to two people laughing continuously, however it may not be as soothing as laughter can be.
- Overload Protection: Thanks to dual 15 amps circuit breakers, there is no risk of worry. The circuit breakers will automatically cut off supply if the loud goes above the generator’s capacity.
This is important to keep the generator and your appliances safe and secure.
- Weight: It weighs 120 pounds but do not let the weight intimidate you. It has wheels for easy handling. These all-terrain wheels make it highly portable as well since you have no difficulty in moving it around.
- Durable And Strong: The metal composition and the open steel frame enclosure give this generator sturdy and durable shelling which can help safeguard the generator from damage.
- Low Oil Shutdown: Automatic low oil shutdown feature protects the generator. It shuts off automatically when the oil is low as running a generator in such a condition can be risky.
- Outlets: It has two 120 volts AC outlets, one 120/240 volts outlet, and one 12 volts DC outlet.
These variety of power options allow the generator to be used in every possible way. For example, the 12-volt outlet can particularly be useful in jumpstarting car batteries. The 120/240 volts outlet can be used for power tools.
- Switching Output: The 120/240 volts outlets has a voltage selector switch which automatically switches from 120 volts to 240 volts when the voltage increases.
This outlet is perfect for tools that operate at both low and high voltage
- Warranty: DuroMax XP4400E comes with a 1-year Limited warranty. The company is known to be customer friendly, hence you will have no difficulty in availing the warranty.
- Environmental Friendly: It’s EPA and CARB compliant, hence safe for the environment. Feel assured and guilt-free that you’re not contributing to global warming.
DuroMax XP4400 Generator Review: FAQ
Ques: What important things should I know before I operate this generator?
Ans. Don’t change the voltage selector switch with the AC circuit breakers ON. This may damage the selector switch.
Ques: Is it easy to maintain?
Ans. Generally speaking, it is easy to maintain. Here are a few things you need to remember so that your generator runs smoothly:
- Check oil before starting up the engine.
- Replace oil after every 20 hours of use.
- Clean the air filter after 50 hours of use or once in three months.
- Clean the fuel filter after every 100 hours of use.
- Make sure to clean spark plugs after 100 hours of use.
DuroMax XP4400 Generator Review: Conclusion
DuroMax XP4400 can be a good pick if you need a power generator. It may not offer parallel capability but it’s enough to run some big appliances. Plus, it’s easy to use and highly portable.