- 2000 watts, 120V
- Ideal for TV/DVD, satellite, fridge, coffee pot, and more
- Super quiet
- Easy to carry
- Fuel efficient - up to 8.1 hrs on 1 gal of gas
Honda has been manufacturing power units for over 50 years and enjoys a good amount of popularity They’re the leaders in 4-stroke engines and produce all kind of units, low to heavy duty.
The new Honda Eu2000i Inverter Generator is among the lightest, quietest, and the most compact generators on the market.
It delivers 2,000 watts and 13.3 amps at peak output which means that you can run power tools, lights and use it in case of power outages.
It produces clean power and is safe to run sensitive power electronics such as laptops and cellphones. In this Honda Eu2000i Inverter Generator review, we’ll have a look at the capabilities of the Honda Eu2000i Inverter Generator including its pros and cons.
4-stoke 4300-5000 RPM OHC engine
CARB, EPA, CSA approved
Plastic and others
(1) 120V 13.3/16.7 A duplex- (1) 12V 8A
Honda Eu2000i Inverter Generator Features:
- Maximum Power: The maximum output is 2,000 watt 16.7 amps at the startup. It stabilizes at 1600 Watts 13.3 amps.
- Engine: Honda GX100, air cooled 4-stroke overhead valve OHC engine is quite powerful. It is also fuel efficient results in little to no wastage.
- Starting: This generator has a recoil starter. To start the generator you have to turn the choke and the engine switches on in generally the first attempt. Open the fuel tank vent and quickly pull the cable.
- Operating Time: With a fuel tank capacity of 0.95 gallons it has a run time of 3.4hrs on full loud. Reduce the load to improve run time. It can for about 8hrs at quarter load.
- Fuel Efficient: The Eco-throttle control system ensures it only produces the required amount of energy, instead of running at full capacity. This feature makes the generator highly fuel efficient and also reduces noise levels.
- Super Quite: With special dampening material, this generator operates at 53-59 decibels at reduced levels. You will not feel irritation or disturbance as the noise only equals to two people having a conversation at a distance of about 25 feet. It can be a bit noisy, around 80 decibels at full speed but that’s also tolerable.
- Safety: It comes with Pure Sine Wave Inverter technology which makes it safer as you get reliable and stable power. This is the same technology that is used to deliver power at homes.
- Overload Protection: It has automatic voltage regulators and circuit breakers to protect damage. The engine trips in case of overload. This not only makes the engine more durable but also keeps the surroundings secure. There are also overload alarm lights to ensure you do not put more pressure on the engine than it can handle. This is important for not only the safety of your electronic appliances but the generator as well.
- Lightweight: What is the point of having a portable generator if it is too heavy? Honda Eu2000i Inverter Generator weighs only 46 pounds and is quite easy to carry, especially due to its portable design that offers easy handling.
- Oil Alert: Oil alerts keep your generator protected by shutting down the engine in case the oil levels get too low.
- Outlets: It has two 120 volts AC outlets and one 12 volts DC outlet. The 12 volt DC outlet comes in handy to jumpstart an automotive battery. Hence, having a dead battery while camping won’t be a problem as this will get your car started in no time.
- Double The Power: If it is not powerful enough for you, then use the generator’s parallel operating cables to hook two units together and increase the power. This is a great feature for people who want more power.
- Warranty: The generator comes with a 3-year full warranty.
- Dimensions: Its dimension 20 x 12 x 17 inches.
- USDA- Qualified Spark Arresters: With USDA- qualified spark arresters you can be sure to prevent fire accidents.
FAQ : Honda Eu2000i Inverter Generator
Q. Can I take this generator outside?
Ans. Yes, you can. It is very mobile and light in weight, hence suitable for outdoors as well. Plus, since it is made of mainly plastic, there is little to no risk of corrosion.
Q. How can I improve run time?
Ans. You can either connect two units or run it at reduced capacity to increase run time. However, reduced power means you will not be able to run heavy appliances.
Q. Can I sleep or work in peace while it’s on?
Ans. Honda Eu2000i Inverter Generator creates 53-59 decibels of noise at reduced levels. It can be a little noisy at full capacity, but it will generally not cause disturbance or disrupt your sleep. Plus, the automatic shut off feature ensures you do not have to worry about overload while you sleep.
Q. Is it easy to maintain?
Ans. Maintenance can be an issue since it has no fuel gauge and oil extension tube. However, the manual it comes with is quite helpful with detailed tips on how to service filters and plugs.
Honda Eu2000i Inverter Generator can be a good pick if you do not need a lot of power and only want to run small appliances. It’s as reliable as most Honda products and comes with a 3-year warranty. However, it may be too expensive for some users.