While computer-aided designs are on the rise, the scale ruler remains a standard tool for architects to ensure that designs are clear-cut, cogent and impressionable.
You'll need to have the right information to select the right ruler. This can be a daunting experience with the onslaught of online market places that offer innumerable options.
That's why we have put together this review on the best architectural scale rulers.
Let's go right in.
- 12 Inch Ruler Featuring 3 Sides & 6 Different Scales: The...
- High-Visibility Grooves Will Not Fade or Smear: All measurements...
- Made of Professional-Grade Anodized Aluminum: The aluminum is...
- Designed and Created by Artists: Here at Arteza, we are...
- We Care About Our Customers: We want to ensure you have a great...
This architectural scale ruler has been in the industry for a while now. It is a standard scale ruler with three color-coded sides that make it easy to use.
This ruler has 6 scales spread over the three sides of the ruler.
Something else, all the three sides have different scales and the color coding helps remember which side has which scale.
This ruler is made from anodized aluminum, making it exceptionally rigorous and sturdy than the generic plastic rulers. It's 12 inches long and a professional grade for increased accuracy.
- Pro Art Triangular Scale 12" Architectural White
- Pro Art Drafting Triangular Scale 12" Architectural White-...
- Open divided: 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 3/32, 3/16, 3/8, 1 1/2, 3" to...
This is a 12-inch architectural scale ruler made from plastic and not metal. As such, it comes at a considerably lower price.
Although made from plastic, it's sturdy, legible and with machining done clearly and professionally. Its markings are printed on, but not etched.
The scales are not demarcated in any way and it may take you a while to get used to it.
A plus point is that this ruler comes with metric and imperial demarcations. It can be ideal for architects starting out who need a scale ruler that is affordable, and long-lasting.
- 1. Precision-Professional grade for supreme accuracy.
- 2. Durable-Laser etched scale, bold and legible, NEVER fade.
- 3. Quality-Solid aluminum, HEAVY DUTY Triangular Ruler. 50%...
- 4. Imperial Scale-1-1/2", 1, 3/4", 3/8", 3/16", 3/32", 1/2" 1/4",...
- 5. Easy to use for any project, ideal for Architects, Engineers,...
This is one of the best rulers in design and durability. It's sturdy, easy to use and weighed moderately. It's not too heavy to intrude your work or too light to affect accuracy.
This scale ruler is made of a dark, aluminum base and the scales are etched as opposed to being embossed. This means it can serve you for years without fading.
It has three sides with a set of 11 scales. The precise machining of the scales makes the ruler cogent enough for all your architectural operations.
The imperial scales have widths of 1-1/2″, 1, 3/4″, 3/8″, 3/16″, 3/32″, 1/2″ 1/4″, 1/8″, 3, 16.
- ✎ 3 Ruler Set - Keep your professional or educational drafting...
- ✎ Laser Etched - Peace of mind that these rulers will last for...
- ✎ Solid Core Aluminum - Durable, anodized for corrosion...
- ✎High Visibility - Quick and easy to read. Sharp graduations...
- ✎ Money Back Guarantee - We stand behind our product. Make your...
Are you looking for a high-quality, long-lasting, and easy-to-use measurement ruler? Then the 12-Inch Architectural Scale Ruler Set [Imperial] by DRAF would be an incredible option.
Made with laser-etched readings and with a unibody aluminum construction, this ruler guarantees you trouble-free use, straight and smooth pencilled lines. It doesn't matter whether you are in the engineering or architectural industry, you'll find this ruler extremely useful and accurate.
It is a 3-ruler set that includes one simple aluminum ruler and two architectural rulers of differing scales. All the rulers have a standard length of 12 inches.
Another thing that makes this ruler stand out is the fact that the manufacturer gives a guarantee and promises a full refund if the architectural products do not satisfy your needs. This is a clear indication of the exceptional quality and unparalleled construction.
- √ Are you searching for a unbreakable aluminum ruler?
- √ You bought an aluminum one, but numbers on the scale started...
- √ We at 6 Dimensions know how it feels – far from enjoyable,...
- √ That’s why we created a best-in-class product which gives...
- √ 100% Satisfaction guarantee! Our aluminum architectural scale...
If you are looking for a color-coded, standard ruler that's easy to use, then this can be an option worth trying out. It comes with numbered scales of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/16, 3/32, 1, 3 and 16 markings on the 3 marked sides.
It has an aluminum design but the edges are coated with plastic to protect you from the sharp metallic edges.
The markings on this scale ruler are embossed not etched but still very legible. With silver, green, and red colors, you can easily master which scales are on which side.
The gradations are in inches and it has tapered edges for increased usefulness.
Something amazing about this scale ruler is that it can be used across other fields, besides architecture and engineering.
- AN INVALUABLE TOOL FOR ARCHITECTS & ENGINEERS - The Equilibrium...
- BETTER THAN PLASTIC - Hollow core aluminum construction with...
- 11 SCALES IN 1 - Features 11 different scales in common imperial...
- EASY TO READ - Clear black graduations stand out against the...
- 100% GUARANTEED - We stand behind every product we sell. If this...
This is a triangular scale ruler, which stands as among the best, thanks to its impressionable and unique finish, uncommon in most architectural rulers. Its matte aluminum finish stands above the usual aluminum designs and it's also lightweight.
This ruler is ideal for drawing, measuring and drafting and is considered an invaluable tool for architects and engineers. Its markings are unique and distinct, just like its finish.
The available scales are 3/32, 3/16, ⅛, ¼, ⅜, ½, ¾, 1, 1-½, 3, and 16.
Though professionally designed and finished, it lacks finger protection, making you susceptible to cuts if you are not careful while using it.
Clearly, this ruler is made for professionals in engineering and architectural fields. When students or beginners use it for measuring, it's important to employ some caution.
- PROFESSIONAL TRIANGULAR AMERICAN STANDARD SCALE RULER - With 6...
- MADE OF ANODIZED TURQUOISE ALUMINUM - Made to last and will not...
- LASER ETCHED GROOVES & INCREMENTS for easy recognition. Will not...
- YOUR FREE BONUS - A 12” metal ruler with measurements in both...
- BUY NOW and enjoy this architects ruler for a lifetime. Our...
Triangular American Standard Scale Ruler by VGOOP is one of the latest scale rulers in the market. It has been carefully designed to suit both students and professionals.
This product comes as a bundle of the standard aluminum ruler and a rare anodized turquoise finish for increased durability.
It has laser-etched readings which are legible, precise and coherent for accurate measurements.
It has a thorough aluminum machining, making it safe for students and also kids. Combined with the ease of use of the scales, this ruler becomes among the most preferred.
- Professional-quality scales with a bamboo core, white high-impact...
- Machine engraved divisions and color-coded furrows.
- Supplied in hard plastic case.
- Double numbered.
- All engineer scales have the following graduations unless...
Not interested in plastic or metallic drawing or measuring scale rulers? Alvin's Bamboo Triangular scale is a great alternative and a top 3 options.
Before the rise of the use of plastics and metals to make the architect's rulers, bamboo scales were the best.
That said, this scale is color-coded with machine engraved divisions with a bamboo core and professional quality.
Made by Alvin, a reputable brand in the manufacture of stationery, you can be sure of unparalleled quality and exceptional durability.
The ruler's markings have 6 different dimensions with plastic faces and a bamboo core. This offers you the durability of aluminum and the safety features of plastic. Stunning, right?
Factors to Consider when Buying an Architect’s Scale Ruler
Before ordering that scale ruler, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. With these pointers, you can be sure to get the product that meets your needs during the duration you desire.
Let's delve in.
1. Material Used
This is one of the primary considerations to make. The material used affects your safety, measuring accuracy, durability, flexibility and ease of use. While plastic rulers offer improved safety, are flexible and light, they fail in sturdiness and durability.
Aluminium drawing and measuring rulers are excellent in offering increased durability and rigorousness. However, they need you to be careful with the edges. They are also quite expensive compared to the plastic ones.
The bamboo made scale rulers are least used. However, they are great as they provide a win-win situation in sturdiness and safety. However, they fail in offering the desired accuracy and precision.
The kind of material used also impacts weight. You'll find plastic rulers to be light-weight than metallic ones. Combined with other factors, the weight will influence the architect's experience in measurements or drawings.
2. Duration of Use
Before pressing that order button, you need to have an estimate of the length of intended use.
This understanding will inform the kind of marking you choose and the material used.
If you are transitioning from a student or beginner to a professional architect, we would recommend an aluminium ruler with laser-etched marking. With this, you are guaranteed increased accuracy and long-lasting operation.
Since laser-etched markings are quite costly, if you are constrained financially, you can go for the embossed ones. They'll also serve you for a while.
You can get plastic or bamboo as a spare ruler. This can also work well for newbies or kids starting to use measuring or drawing scale rulers.
As you consider the duration of use, don't forget to think about the users - are they professionals or not? For instance, if kids will also be using the ruler to measure or draw, get plastic ones or metallic rulers with a plastic coating on the edges to prevent accidents.
3. The Desired Number of Scales
There is a need to consider what operations of architecture or engineering you'll be using the ruler for. In other words, what kinds of measurements are you looking to achieve? This will inform the scale ruler you choose.
Different brands offer different scales. But the bottom line is, don't go for scales you don't need or you'll barely use.
More scales doesn't translate to a better experience or increased accuracy. Look for quality and ease of use. More scales that are not needful means that you're not getting value for your money.
When you search for the right architectural ruler, look for design and construction that appeals to you, will serve you for the time you desire, will give you ease of use and made from the ideal material. When you take your time to make this decision, you'll be sure to enjoy using the product.
Enjoy your shopping!