Spices are a vital part of cooking as they add texture and flavor to a meal. However, if the spices are not stored properly, they could end up crowding the kitchen or even make the meal taste worse. As a result, the best spices for spices are recommended.
These spice bottles or jars can store spices and seasonings, helping you sort out your spice collection. They are an affordable upgrade that will make a huge difference to your kitchen or pantry. With many different sizes, shapes, materials, and designs, there is something out there for everyone.
The guide below will help you pick the best spice jar for you. In the guide, you will find the best jars for spices as well as some important features you need to consider while shopping for a spice jar. So, keep reading to learn more.
Are Spice Jars Really Worth It?
Transferring your spices into a spice jar will not only help your kitchen or pantry look neater but will also provide a reliable airtight seal to ensure your spices remain fresh and flavorful. Additionally, with these jars, you can buy your spices in bulk and help make the kitchen a bit eco-friendly.
Whether you have a minimalist or maximalist taste, these sets of glass jars will help keep your spices fresh and readily available.
1. AOZITA 24 Pcs Glass Spice Jars/Bottles
- COMPLETE SQUARE SPICE BOTTLES SET» 24 Square Empty Glass Spice...
- HIGH-QUALITY JARS » Our Spice Jars are made from high-quality...
- PREMIUM ACCESSORY » Exclusive sift and pour shaker lids matching...
- MULTIFUNCTION » Use our square glass jars for organizing...
- RISK FREE PURCHASE» If you purchase our Jars for your kitchen,...
The AOZITA 24 Pcs Glass Spice Jars/Bottles is a set that includes 24 rectangular glass jars that come with tons of labels, shaker lids, and a silicone funnel for easy spice transfer. These mini glass spice jars are made from durable lead-free glass and can store just about anything from herbs to spices.
Its patented shaker lids provide you control of how much you will add and ensure no over-spicing. Additionally, the extra-wide mouth makes the jars easy to fill, although the set includes a collapsible silicone funnel for easy filling. The airtight metal lid helps keep the contents fresh.
The clear glass containers allow you to see the amount of space remaining in the har. These mason spice jars are attractive and large enough to store other items, including candy, nuts, and be used as honey jars. It also includes 98 preprinted waterproof labels and 28 blank labels that you can write on using a white pen with the chalk marker included.
2. Talented Kitchen 14 Glass Spice Jars
- Square Spice Jars with Labels: Our spice organization complete...
- Refillable: The 4 oz spice jars with lids can be refilled with...
- Stay Fresh: The screw-on silver metal lids have a liner for a...
- 4 oz Capacity: The square spice jar set with labels are designed...
- Self-Adhesive: The self-adhesive minimalist spice labels feature...
You can never go wrong with these Talented Kitchen Glass Spice Jars if you need room for storing spices. It features either 14 or 24 glass spice jars along with preprinted labels, a silicone funnel, and shakers. These premium glass bottles come in a square share and silver metal caps that ensure an airtight seal.
Unlike circular jars, these glass jars can be used in a drawer as they won't roll out. Furthermore, they can be used with many different spices, and they are dishwasher safe. Each of these glass jars is packed safely with individual partitions to ensure no breakage during transportation.
3. Kamenstein Ellington Revolving Spice Rack with Free Spice Refills
- TWO TIERED SPICE STORAGE: Features a stylish 2 tiered revolving...
- PRE-FILLED SPICE JARS: comes with pre-filled glass spice jars;...
- FREE SPICE REFILLS FOR 5 YEARS: eligible for 5 Years of Free...
- SEALED FOR FRESHNESS IN THE USA: all spices and spice jars are...
- QUICKLY FIND SPICES: for quick and easy identification of...
The Kamenstein Ellington spice jar and spice rack set keep everything organized in one place. It is uniquely designed with a two-tier revolving spice rack that will look great on all countertops. The spice rack will also comfortably fit in your cabinet or in small spaces. It also includes 16 bulb-shaped jars that are pre-filled with quality spices like garlic salt, thyme, basil, rosemary, coriander, etc.,
It comes with an airtight cap on every jar that has a chrome finish and is labeled for easy identification. The spice jars have sifter tops for light seasoning and can also be removed for large quantities. As one of the best spice jars, the buyers also get to receive five years of spice refills, and you will only need to pay for shipping.
4. SpiceLuxe Premium Spice Jar Set
- JUST ADD SPICES – Everything You Need – 12 Beautiful Glass...
- MESSY PANTRY SOLUTION – Commercial Grade, Deluxe 4 oz Square...
- FUN & EASY – No-Clog Spice Funnel Transfers Herbs and Spices...
- COLORFUL QUALITY - Quality Air Tight Steel Lids in a Variety of...
- FREE REPLACEMENTS – USA Based SpiceLuxe Offers Fast, Friendly...
The SpiceLuxe Premium Spice Jar Set boasts ready-to-use premium square spice jars that come with everything you need from metal lids to a spice funnel, sifter tops, and spice labels. Measuring at 4 1/8 x 1 ¾ inches, this commercial-grade spice jar can conveniently hold four ounces of spices.
With its size, it can comfortably fit most of the drawers, cabinets, and spice racks. The stainless steel lids are airtight to ensure all the moisture and air is kept away to ensure your spices stay fresh for longer. These small spice jars are an excellent addition to help organize your kitchen.
5. Ultimate Hostess Spice Jars - Spice Containers
- GET NEATLY AND COMPLETELY ORGANIZED - [ SET INCLUDES: 14 Storage...
- STAINLESS STEEL LIDS MATTERS - Rust Free and Easy to Clean. Keep...
- STYLE FOR YOUR KITCHEN - Don't waste your time using dreary, dull...
- VERSATILE AND MULTI PURPOSE - There is no limit to the variety of...
- REUSABLE LABELS - Want to use the bottles for something else? No...
As one of the best spice jars in the market today, the Ultimate Hostess Spice Jars - Spice Containers features either 14 or 24 spice jars as well as stainless steel caps that are easy to clean and rustproof. You also get a wide funnel, tight shaker caps, both blank and preprinted spice labels, and silver lids.
The package also includes a chalk marker to ensure you can easily write on the blank spice labels as you try to organize your spices. In addition, these stackable square jars can comfortably fit in small spaces and are reusable, which means you can rub off the wording to use them with another spice.
6. Gneiss Spice Small Empty Magnetic Spice Jars
- Declutter your spices into a work of art! Stylish jars stick to...
- Durable airtight glass keeps spices fresh longer than metal tins....
- Jars stick to a swinging refrigerator door. OPTIONAL: Add a steel...
- Set includes 216 washable spice label stickers that can be placed...
- Empty small jars measure 2” tall x 1.75” wide and hold 1/4...
Gneiss provides magnetic spice jars in sets of 10, 12 and 24 jars. While the ten pack will only include small jars, their larger sets will give you an option of choosing between large or mini jars. All the magnetic jars are reusable and refillable, which adds an eco-friendly touch ensuring there is no waste.
These glass jars can stick on a refrigerator door and also most spice racks. It comes with label stickers that can be put on either the bottom of the jars or the included lids. Additionally, these magnetic jars measure one ¾ inch wide and two inches tall and can hold approximately ¼ cup of herbs and spices.
What Are the Different Types of Spice Jars?
1. Metal Jars
Metal jars are great since they help keep the spices away from the light, which helps retain their flavor and aroma. However, if you decide to buy a metal spice har, be sure to get one that has a tight lid to keep out all the moisture and air.
2. Glass Jars
Glass spice containers are the most common spice storage solutions as they allow you to see what is inside of them. Most glass jars come with airtight lids to keep away moisture and air. However, you need to keep them out of light for the best results,
3. Plastic Jars
These jars tend to be the cheapest but are not recommended because most of them are not airtight enough. The plastic bottles are less inclined to shatter when they are dropped. However, when choosing plastic jars, you need to ensure that they are made from a non-toxic metal.
What Do You Consider When Purchasing the Best Jars for Spices?
1. Space Available
The first thing you want to think about is how much storage space you have and if the space can accommodate all the jars your want to buy. If you're looking to arrange the spice jars on the countertop, then you should consider the glass or metal containers. If there isn't enough space on the counter, you can consider arranging them in the pantry or cabinets.
Size is another consideration that comes up when you want to buy spice jars. The best spice jars may have a capacity that varies depending on how many people you're cooking for, the kind of recipes you mostly make, how often you use the spices, and the types of spices. Typically, the capacity is measured in ounces and can range from two ounces to over 10 ounces.
3. Types of Spices
The type of spices you use will affect the jars you need to buy. For example, jars with shaker lids are not ideal for ground spices, but they work well with powdered spices. There are also some species that may need to be stored in a specific spice container, which you need to be aware of before you buy a spice jar that might not match your needs.
Although all spice jars will come with lids, they are not all made of the same quality. When it comes to lids, what matters is how tight the lids fit on the jars. Getting a spice container with a tight lid is crucial for keeping your spices fresh and also retaining the aroma and flavor of the spices for a long time. Some will have a wooden lid, while most have a metal lid.
5. Dispensing Method
You also want to think about how the spice jar will dispense the spices and herbs to be used in your recipe. Some people may prefer shaker lids, while others prefer a silt lid or a pour system. To ensure the dispensing method matches your needs, think about the delivery method that works best for you.
6. Color and Design
A colored jar will provide you with an additional style and decor for your kitchen. Transparent containers will allow you to see how much spice is left in the jar, helping you know when they need to be refilled. The jars also come in different shapes, including square, rectangular, and cylindrical spice jars.
7. Additional Features
The best jars for spices will include extra features for convenience. For example, a set of labels, both preprinted and unprinted labels, will help label the spice jars. Some will also include plastic and chalkboard labels. Other features may include a spice rack, a refill funnel, shaker tops, and rack storage for more versatility.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Spice Jars
1. Is it better to store spices and herbs in plastic or glass?
In comparison to plastic spice jars, glass spice jars are always the better option. This is because plastic is porous in nature and may leak air in the jar, reducing the shelf life of the spices. Although glass spice jars are a bit more expensive than plastic spice bottles, they tend to keep the spices fresh and extend their shelf life.
2. Do spice jars need to be airtight?
Yes. You should always store your spices in airtight because the air may lead to oxidization of the spices, causing them to lose flavor or expire faster. Remember to have all your spices in spice jars that are tightly closed.
3. Do mason jars keep spices fresh?
Mason jars will not only keep your spices fresh but are also known to hold a reasonable amount of spices. Furthermore, they hold spice a lot more easily in the jars as compared to other traditional jars.